P9D-E/4L is the flagship model of ASUS latest UP Denlow serverboards. The board is perfectly designed with powerful I/O expandability and digital power solution increasing VR power efficiency up to 94%. The versatile and highly reliable P9D-E/4L is ideal for data center front-end; firewall; gateway; storage; SMB print/ file/ mail/ exchange server; and more.
The Most Scalable Pci-E Expandability; Advanced I/O Technology
The ASUS P9D-E/4L provides industrial leading 3 PCI Express 3.0 x8 slots and one ASUS PIKE support. Along with the ASUS technology; this board presents the most powerful PCI-E expandability ever in UP server boards.
The P9D-E/4L server board is built to support up to 4 USB 3.0 ports. Built to connect easily with next generation components and peripherals; USB 3.0 transfers data 10X faster and is also backward compatible with USB 2.0.
Design To Support Legacy Pci Device Applications
Besides the latest PCI-E technology; P9D-E/4L keeps the legacy PCI slots on board which can fulfill various customers' requirements. Customers can move their existing legacy PCI add-on cards to P9D-E/4L; and still benefit from up-to-date Intel Xeon E3-1200 v3 Processor Family and DDR3 memory technology to their solutions.
High Power Efficiency With Premium Components And Digital Power Control
ASUS-exclusive Beat Thermal Chokes and new Dr. MOS (MOSFETs) improve the voltage regulator (VR) power efficiency. The Beat Thermal Chokes handle the pressure with ease; as a unique fin design results in around 4 degreeC lower choke temperatures for added stability; which is increased exponentially by use of highly conductive and efficient gold-treated coating. This translates into minimal-loss power delivery. Besides; with proven stable circuit integrated; Dr. MOS optimizes switching performance.
Digital CPU power controls work perfectly together to match digital power signal (SVID) requests from the CPU; with ultra-fast sensing and response efficiently delivering precision power. Accurate delivery reduces waste; and provides more stable voltage.
The benefits from these components significantly increase P9D-E/4L VR power efficiency up to 94%.
Quad Intel I210AT Gigabit Ethernet
The ASUS P9D-E/4L ships with quad server-class Intel Ethernet ports with the I210AT controllers; which doubles queues compared to previous-generation Intel 82574L controllers. This is better for virtualization applications. In addition; the quad LAN teaming ports provide high networking bandwidth with load balance and fault tolerance functions. This design greatly reduces data processing bottlenecks during network traffic.
Comprehensive server management: ASMB7-iKVM and ASWM Enterprise
The ASMB7-iKVM upgrade kit enables dashboard system health monitoring; remote power on/off and control; virtual media over LAN; and management LAN fail-over support. In addition; the ASMB7 function is based on BIOS-level access; so even if the server's operating system is down or offline; the KVM module can still provide round-the-clock remote monitoring and diagnosis through a user-friendly web-based graphical interface via all major browsers. ASWM Enterprise software provides one-to-multiple centralized management; including BIOS flash; remote control; and power control; all through a colorful and informative graphical interface.
SATA DOM (Disk on Module) ready
A SATA DOM is a flash drive simulating a hard disc which can be used without additional software or drivers. It is particularly helpful within embedded computing systems or thin clients. ASUS-exclusive design adds an onboard 4-pin power connector and USB header to make SATA DOM installation simple and easy.
Friendly Design for front I/O; front VGA
An accessible rear power button is reserved onboard for use as front panel ports when reversing the serverboard. An extra 15-pin VGA header features front-panel monitor connectivity; helping customers with greater flexibility. These designs provide flexible I/O integration for users to fit in various computing environments.
Processor / System Bus
- 1 x Socket LGA1150
- Intel Xeon processor E3-1200 v3 product family
- 4th Gen Intel Core i3 processors
- Intel Pentium processors
- Intel Celeron processors
- Total Slots: 4 (2-channel)
- Capacity: Maximum up to 32GB UDIMM
- Memory Type: DDR3 1600/1333 UDIMM with ECC
- Memory Size: 8GB; 4GB; 2GB
- Total Slot: 7
- Slot Location 1: PCI 32bit/33MHz
- Slot Location 2: PCI 32bit/33MHz
- Slot Location 3: PCI-E x1 (Gen2 X1 Link)
- Slot Location 4: PCI-E x8 (Gen3 X8 Link)
- Slot Location 5: PCI-E x8 (Gen3 X8 Link)
- Slot Location 6: PCI-E x16 (Gen3 X16 Link); Auto switch to x8 link if slot 5 is occupied
- Slot Location 7: PCI-E x1 (Gen2 X1 Link); MIO supported
- Additional Slot 1: PIKE Slot for Storage expansion
- Follow SSI Location
- FAN speed control
- Rack Ready (Rack and Pedestal dual use)
- ASWM Enterprise
- SATA Controller:
- Intel C224
- 4 x SATA3 6Gb/s ports
- 2 x SATA2 3Gb/s ports
- Intel Rapid Storage Technology Enterprise(RSTe) (For Windows Only)
- (Support Software RAID 0; 1; 5; 10)
- LSI MegaRAID (For Linux/Windows)
- (Support Software RAID 0; 1; 10)
- SAS Controller:
- ASUS PIKE 2008 8-port SAS2 6G RAID card (Optional)
- ASUS PIKE 2008/IMR 8-port SAS2 6G RAID card(Optional)
- ASUS PIKE 2108-32PD 8-port SAS2 6G RAID card (Optional)
- ASUS PIKE 2208 8-port SAS 6G HW RAID card (Optional)
- ASUS PIKE 2308 8-port SAS 6G RAID card (Optional)
- ASUS PIKE 9230 4-port SATA 6G RAID card (Optional)
- 4 x Intel I210AT + 1 x Mgmt LAN
- Aspeed AST2300 with 32MB VRAM
On Board I/O
- 1 x TPM header
- 1 x PSU Power Connector (24-pin ATX power connector + 8-pin ATX 12V power connector)
- 1 x Management Connector; Onboard header for management card
- 1 x USB 3.0 pin header; Up to 2 Devices
- 1 x USB 2.0 pin header; Up to 2 Devices
- 1 x Internal A Type USB Port
- 5 x Fan Header; 4pin
- 1 x SMBus
- 1 x Chassis Intruder
- 4 x Front LAN LED
- 2 x Serial Port Header
- 1 x SATA DOM Power connector
- 1 x VGA Header
Back I/O Ports
- 4 x External USB Port (2 x USB 3.1 Gen 1; 2 x USB 2.0)
- 1 x VGA Port
- 4 x RJ-45 + 1 x Mgmt LAN
- 1 x PS/2 KB/Mouse
- Software: ASWM Enterprise
- Out of Band Remote Management: Optional ASMB7-iKVM for KVM-over-Internet
- Operation temperature: 10? ~ 35?
- Non operation temperature: -40? ~ 70?
- Non operation humidity: 20% ~ 90% (Non condensing)