Built to Last
ASUS is the world's foremost motherboard manufacturer; renowned for our unique Design Thinking approach. Our exhaustive testing exceeds industry standards; supported by high-quality components for exceptional real-world protection. Our motherboards are proven to be compatible with more than 1;000 components and devices; and each new model undergoes a minimum of 8;000 hours of strict validation. ASUS gives you the peace of mind of knowing that your motherboard is fit for all environments and applications. By choosing ASUS; you also gain the freedom to select outstanding component options; for trouble-free DIY experiences.
5X Protection III
Hardware safeguards to ensure long-term durability.
520+ DDR4 Compatibility
Industry-leading DDR4 memory compatibility for best flexibility and reassurance.
1000+ Compatible Devices
Compatibility with a range of CPUs; memory modules; graphics cards and more.
8000+ Validation Hours
Extensive testing with latest components for enhanced reliability; compatibility and safety.
Prime 200 motherboards are engineered with industry-leading 5X Protection III; employing the finest components; excellent circuit design; and exacting standards to guarantee the quality and long-term durability of your motherboard. That means exceptional protection and stability for your build - thanks to decades of engineering experience from the world's leading motherboard brand.
Fortified PCIe slot prevents damage
SafeSlot Core is the ASUS-exclusive PCIe slot. Featuring a fortified design that's anchored to the motherboard by a special hook; Safeslot Core provides 1.6x stronger retention and 1.3x greater shearing resistance than standard expansion slots.
ASUS Prime motherboards have strengthened solder points around both the PCIe and DIMM pins.
Pumped-up throughput. 2.5x higher surge tolerance.
ASUS LANGuard is hardware-level networking protection that employs signal-coupling technology and premium anti-EMI surface-mounted capacitors to ensure a more reliable connection and better throughput; plus electrostatically guarded and surge-protected components for greater tolerance to static electricity and improved protection against surges.
World-class circuit-protecting power design
An exclusive circuit design with built-in voltage regulators to protect your chipset; connectivity ports; and audio codecs from damage caused by unexpected high-level voltages from unstable or inferior power supplies.
Precision control for stable power
ASUS-exclusive DIGI+ VRM intelligently delivers power to the processor based on real-time demands; reducing energy waste and improving system stability.
Short-circuit damage prevention
Onboard resettable fuses prevent overcurrent and short-circuit damage. This extends beyond I/O ports to DRAM to safeguard the lifespan of your system and connected devices.
3x corrosion-resistance for greater durability
Corrosion-resistant stainless-steel back I/O panels bonded with chromium oxide have a lifespan that's three times longer than ordinary panels.
Electrostatic discharge protection
ASUS ESD Guards prevent damage from electrostatic discharge; up to +/- 10kV for air discharge and +/- 6kV for contact discharge; arranged in an active-protective-circuit design that prolongs the life of components.
ESD TVS diode protection on the LAN circuit.
Tvs Diodes For Surface-Mount And Dual-Inline Packages.
Additional on-circuit ESD TVS diodes to protect D-Sub functionality.
Keyboard and mouse connectors
Additional on-circuit ESD transient-voltage-suppression diodes.
Tested to be compatible with 1;000+ CPUs; DDR4 memory modules; graphics cards and more
Having the freedom to pick and choose the parts that go into your machine is at the heart of PC DIY. Our extensive certification program focuses on providing the very best compatibility with the widest range of components and devices; giving you the freedom to build and upgrade without frustration. Compatible today and compatible far into the future - that's the ASUS way.
View supported devices and Qualified Vendor List for compatible memory
The superior compatibility of Prime 200 series is evidenced by our extensive list of supported devices - which includes thousands of compatible components - and our Qualified Vendor List that identifies memory compatibility. That means more choices for worry-free PC-building experiences.
Great Compatibility with ASUS Products
ASUS offers a suite of proprietary components - graphics cards; sound cards; optical drives - that perfectly complement the Prime 200 series; so you can complete your custom motherboard build with confidence!
ASUS motherboards have superb endurance. We verify this by subjecting every board to more than 8;000 hours of stringent tests. A barrage of burn-in; environmental; compatibility; software and safety tests confirm that our motherboards are exceptionally robust. It also shows that ASUS reliability surpasses industry standards; ensuring that every component is designed to function flawlessly in any environment.
With DDR4; you'll accelerate memory frequencies up to an incredible to 2400MHz! And ASUS works with almost every DDR4 memory vendor; so you're assured the best compatibility.
Fan Xpert 2+ Advanced fan controls
With onboard thermal sensors and hardware-level 4-pin/3-pin PWM/DC mode detection; Fan Xpert 2+ makes sure every fan achieves the best balance of cooling performance and low noise!
Auto-Tuning Mode: Scans fan parameters and all fans with a single click.
RPM Fixed Mode: Lowers noise levels to near-0dB silence; allowing to you fix the fan speed.
LED-illuminated control for PCIe slot and trace paths
Built-in LED lighting options illuminate your build in a variety of eye-catching styles.
Combined Onboard Features Deliver Elevated Audio
Intelligent design and premium hardware create audio quality unlike anything you've ever experienced!
With the Energy Processing Unit you'll enjoy system-wide power savings - with CPU-wattage reductions of up to 12W! The EPU automatically optimizes power consumption and maximizes savings with Away mode: A setting that creates an extreme energy-saving scenario by shutting down unused I/O controllers and reducing power to the graphics cards while you're away.
Intel Optane Memory Ready
Intel Optane Memory is a revolutionary (non-volatile memory) technology supported by Prime 200-series motherboards. Intel Optane Memory modules accelerate attached storage to reduce boot and load times; so everything feels faster and more responsive.
Speed Up with Onboard M.2 Up to 32Gb/s
With x4 PCI Express 3.0/2.0 bandwidth; M.2 supports up to 32Gb/s data-transfer speeds. It is the perfect choice for an operating system or application drive; making your whole PC or professional apps work as fast as possible.
Instant front-panel USB 3.0 Experience
We've put USB 3.0 right where you need it - two super-speed ports on the front panel. Experience data-transfer speeds up to 10X faster than USB 2.0 with instant plug-and-play connectivity; so no more back-breaking contortions in the hunt for hard-to-reach rear ports!
USB Type-C for convenient connectivity
USB Type-C delivers futureproof device compatibility and high-speed connectivity; enabling data rates of up to 5Gb/s. Along with being 33% narrower and nearly 50% slimmer than traditional USB Type-A ports; the USB-C features a fully reversible port design - so connections are made the first time; every time.
Component-free areas to minimize damage risk
Fitting your ASUS motherboard is now safer than ever. The comprehensive component-free 'safe zones' around every case-mounting hole minimizes the risk of damage and short circuits caused by contact - so you'll assemble your PC with total confidence!
Effortless PCI Express component removal
The large winged clip is easy to reach and easy to operate. Just press the Q-Slot clip lightly; and the graphics card pops out. Installing or removing even the biggest graphics cards is no sweat!
Easy memory removal
Even if you work with a smaller case; just push down on the one-sided clip and push or pull RAM modules in or out - removing memory is that simple!
Media-Acclaimed Uefi Bios
The smoothest; slickest mouse-controlled graphical BIOS has been improved to make it even more appealing. Whether you're a PC novice or a seasoned over clocker; EZ and Advanced modes help you find your way; quickly and easily.
EZ Flash 3
Update the BIOS via the internet; without leaving the BIOS interface.
Check your storage device Self-Monitoring; Analysis; and Reporting Technology logs to gauge reliability and possibly to determine potential failures.
You can configure the fan's operating speed manually; or use the easy pre-configured fan profiles to select Standard; Silent; Turbo; or Full Speed modes!
Quickly find tuning options and add preferred tools to the list.
Intuitive graphical fan control Fine-tune individual fans simply by dragging a curve with the mouse.
EZ XMP Improve DRAM performance with a click.
SATA information Easily display SATA port details for device identification.
Fast clock adjustment Use mouse controls to quickly change time and date settings.
Last modified log Track last change and save preferred profiles onto a USB drive.
SATA port renaming Rename SATA ports for easy identification.
One-stop access to innovative ASUS features
ASUS AI Suite 3 offers a brand-new user experience through a clearer and more attractive interface with support for larger monitors. It consolidates all exclusive ASUS features into one simple-to-use package; allowing you to supervise overclocking; energy consumption; fan speeds; voltages and more. This all-in-one app offers diverse and easy-to-use functionality; with no need to switch back and forth between different utilities.
Intel B250 Chipset
The Intel B250 is a single-chipset design that supports 7th & 6th-generation Intel LGA1151 Core i7 / Core i5 / Core i3 / Pentium / Celeron processors. It provides improved performance by utilizing serial point-to-point links; allowing increased bandwidth and stability. It natively supports up to six USB 3.0 ports; six SATA 6Gbit/s ports; and PCIe 3.0 lane speed support for faster data retrieval. Intel B250 chipset also supports iGPU functionality; so you'll enjoy the very latest Intel integrated graphics performance.
Ready for 7th Generation and 6th Generation Intel LGA1151 Core i7/Core i5/Core i3/Pentium/Celeron processors
The ASUS Prime 200 series motherboard supports 7th Generation and 6th Generation Intel Core i7/Core i5/Core i3/Pentium/Celeron processors in the LGA1151 package. Integrated graphics; memory and PCI Express controllers support onboard graphics output with dedicated chipsets; two-channel (4-DIMM) DDR4 memory and 16 PCI Express 3.0/2.0 lanes for great performance.
- Maximize your connectivity and speed with integrated Dual M.2 slots with Intel Optane Memory compatibility; front panel USB 3.0 and a rear USB 3.1 Type C connection
- 5X Protection III Hardware-level safeguards provide component longevity and reliability
- FanXpert 2 PLUS delivers advanced fan control for dynamic cooling
- Dual Patent-pending SafeSlot Core fortified PCIe slot prevents damage caused by heavyweight GPUs
- On-board 3D-printing mounts for creating unique designs on your customized build
- Intel Socket 1151 for 7th/6th Generation Core i7/Core i5/Core i3/Pentium/Celeron Processors
- Supports Intel 14 nm CPU
- Supports Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0
- 4 x DIMM; Max. 64GB; DDR4 2400/2133 MHz Non-ECC; Un-buffered Memory
- Dual Channel Memory Architecture
- Supports Intel Extreme Memory Profile (XMP)
- Integrated Graphics Processor- Intel HD Graphics support
- Multi-VGA output support: HDMI/DVI-D/RGB ports
- Supports HDMI with max. resolution 4096 x 2160 @ 24 Hz / 2560 x 1600 @ 60 Hz
- Supports DVI-D with max. resolution 1920 x 1200 @ 60 Hz
- Supports RGB with max. resolution 1920 x 1200 @ 60 Hz
- Maximum shared memory of 1024 MB
- Supports Intel InTru 3D; Quick Sync Video; Clear Video HD Technology; Insider
- Supports up to 3 displays simultaneously
- Supports AMD CrossFireX Technology
- 1 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16 (x16 mode; gray)
- 1 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16 (x4 mode; black)
- 1 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x1
- AMD A320 chipset: 2 x PCIe 2.0 x1
- Intel B250 Chipset
- 1 x M.2 Socket 3; with M Key; type 2242/2260/2280 storage devices support (both SATA & x2 PCIE mode)
- 1 x M.2 Socket 3; with M Key; type 2242/2260/2280 storage devices support (x4 PCIE mode)
- Intel Optane Memory Ready
- Intel I219V; 1 x Gigabit LAN Controller(s)
- ASUS LAN Guard
- Dual interconnect between the integrated Media Access Controller (MAC) and physical layer (PHY)
- Realtek ALC887 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC
- Supports: Jack-detection; Front Panel Jack-retasking
- Audio Feature:
- LED-illuminated design - Brighten up your build with the gorgeous illuminated audio trace path.
- Audio Shielding: Ensures precision analog/digital separation and greatly reduced multi-lateral interference
- Dedicated audio PCB layers: Separate layers for left and right channels to guard the quality of the sensitive audio signals
- Premium Japanese audio capacitors: Provide warm; natural and immersive sound with exceptional clarity and fidelity
- Intel B250 Chipset: 1 x USB 5Gb/s port(s) port(s) (1 at back panel; USB Type-CTM; Support 3A power output)
- Intel B250 Chipset: 5 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 port(s) (3 at back panel; blue; Type-A; 2 at mid-board)
- Intel B250 Chipset: 6 x USB 2.0/1.1 port(s) (2 at back panel; black; 4 at mid-board)
- ASUS 5X Protection III:
- ASUS SafeSlot Core: Fortified PCIe Slot prevents damage
- ASUS LANGuard: Protects against LAN surges; lightning strikes and static-electricity discharges!
- ASUS Overvoltage Protection: World-class circuit-protecting power design
- ASUS Stainless-Steel Back I/O: 3X corrosion-resistance for greater durability!
- ASUS DIGI+ VRM: 6 Phase digital power design
- ASUS EPU:
- ASUS Exclusive Features:
- AI Suite 3
- Ai Charger
- ESD Guards
- ASUS UEFI BIOS EZ Mode featuring friendly graphics user interface
- ASUS Quiet Thermal Solution:
- Stylish Fanless Design Heat-sink solution & MOS Heatsink
- ASUS Fan Xpert 2+
- ASUS EZ DIY:
- ASUS CrashFree BIOS 3
- ASUS EZ Flash 3
- ASUS UEFI BIOS EZ Mode
- ASUS Q-Design:
- M.2 Onboard(The latest transfer technologies with up to 32Gb/s data transfer speeds)
Back I/O Ports
- 1 x PS/2 keyboard/mouse combo port(s)
- 1 x DVI-D
- 1 x D-Sub
- 1 x HDMI
- 1 x LAN (RJ45) port(s)
- 1 x 5Gb/s port(s) USB Type-CTM (support 3A power output)
- 3 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 (blue) Type-A
- 2 x USB 2.0
- 6 x Audio jack(s)
Internal I/O Ports
- 1 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 connector(s) support(s) additional 2 USB 3.1 Gen 1 port(s) (19-pin)
- 2 x USB 2.0 connector(s) support(s) additional 4 USB 2.0 port(s)
- 2 x M.2 Socket 3 for M Key; type 2242/2260/2280 devices
- 1 x COM port(s) connector(s)
- 6 x SATA 6Gb/s connector(s)
- 1 x CPU Fan connector(s) (1 x 4 -pin)
- 2 x Chassis Fan connector(s) (2 x 4 -pin)
- 1 x S/PDIF out header(s)
- 1 x 24-pin EATX Power connector(s)
- 1 x 4-pin ATX 12V Power connector(s)
- 1 x Front panel audio connector(s) (AAFP)
- 1 x System panel(s)
- 128 Mb Flash ROM; UEFI AMI BIOS; PnP; DMI3.0; WfM2.0; SM BIOS 3.0; ACPI 6.0; Multi-language BIOS; ASUS EZ Flash 3; CrashFree BIOS 3; F6 Qfan Control; F3 My Favorites; Last Modified log; F12 PrintScreen; and ASUS DRAM SPD (Serial Presence Detect) memory information
- WfM 2.0; DMI 3.0; WOL by PME; PXE
- ASUS Utilities
- ASUS EZ Update
- Anti-virus software (OEM version)
- Windows 10 64-bit
- Windows 8.1 64-bit
- Windows 7 32-bit
- Windows 7 64-bit
- Micro ATX Form Factor
- 9.6 inch x 8.8 inch (24.4 cm x 22.4 cm)