Easy-fit 10Gb/s USB 3.1 Card bundled
World's first USB 3.1 Type-A expansion card
10Gb/s data-transfer speeds - twice as fast as USB 3.0
Fits in any PCIe x4; x8; x16 slot
Even faster USB 3.1 transfers with included ASUS USB 3.1 Boost utility
Perfect spacing and PCI Express 3.0 speed for incredible graphics!
Unleash the full power of multiple graphics cards for visuals that never stutter; with just the right amount of space between each card. Onboard switches let you selectively enable or disable cards in a flash - configuring multi-GPU setups has never been easier!
Drive CPU and DDR4 performance beyond the limits!
Designed to break performance barriers; ASUS OC Socket utilizes extra pins to connect a proprietary circuit to contacts found on Haswell-E's land grid array (LGA). Combined with our customized UEFI; this exclusive feature enables higher DDR4 memory frequencies; lower latencies and enhanced stability while overclocking; extending all the way to extreme overclocking conditions; such as Liquid Nitrogen (LN2). OC Socket is 100% compatible with new Haswell-E LGA 2011-v3 CPUs; ensuring the ideal combination of overclocking performance and compatibility.
Unique Cache Bus Voltage Adjustment
Cache bus links areas such as CPU cores; DDR4 Memory Controllers; System Agent and the shared L3 Cache. It is a critical interconnect for the whole CPU subsystem. Higher Cache Bus frequency directly gives faster total sub-system performance. ASUS OC Socket exclusively provides an adjustable cache bus voltage to reach higher cache bus frequencies.
Optimized for extreme overclocking
This is the first platform to support DDR4 memory; and it is capable of overclocking memory up to DDR4 3300+ MHz with all eight DIMMs fully loaded! ASUS-exclusive T-Topology circuit design plus patent-pending OC Socket unleash the full potential of DDR4 by minimizing crosstalk and signal reflections. Thanks to our expertise in motherboard layout design; signal timing issues are also greatly reduced; resulting in improved stability and overall performance. ASUS works with almost every DDR4 memory vendor to ensure the best compatibility - so you're assured reliable performance from your favorite brands.
Intuitive overclocking command center!
Get your hands on real-time system monitoring and tweaking in two modes. For both; a clear 2.6-inch display keeps you informed and in full control - so you can maximize the available power!
NORMAL MODE - easy system monitoring and performance boosts!
OC Panel can be installed directly into a 5.25-inch drive bay to provide real-time monitoring of multiple vital parameters; including CPU temperature; ratios; base clock and fan speeds. The CPU Level Up button provides instant control over two-stage overclocking; while CPU fan speeds can be adjusted to Turbo; Standard and Silent modes - super-simple controls; all at your fingertips.
EXTREME MODE - advanced overclocking made easy!
OC Panel can also be used as external overclocking console. In this mode; there are connectors and switches for exclusive ROG features including Subzero Sense; VGA SMB; VGA Hotwire; Slow Mode and Pause. You also have direct access to four-pin fans connectors - four in total! - as well as remote power and reset buttons.
Save more time; break more records
ROG understands overclockers better than any other manufacturer - so Rampage V Extreme includes all-new hardware-level Safe Boot and Retry buttons to help put things right when overclocking adventures go wrong. They're quick; easy and real time-savers!
Safe Boot Button
One quick tap of the Safe Boot button powers off your system and launches into Safe Mode; where you can tweak your retained previous settings.
If your system hangs during the power-on self-test (POST) boot process; just hit the motherboard's hardware-level Retry button to force a reboot right away.
Pump up your power
An extreme platform demands extreme control over the purest power; and nothing delivers more control or purer power than Extreme Engine Digi+ IV - Rampage V Extreme's exclusive voltage-regulator module (VRM).
MicroFine alloy chokes lower overall core loss for lower temperatures; while the VRM has been upgraded with the brand-new PowIRstage IR3555. This chip integrates the driver; high-side and low-side MOSFETs and features the latest RDS On current-sensing technology.
Extreme Engine Digi+ IV's high-frequency pulse-width modulation (PWM) implementation scales to 1MHz allowing the DRAM VRM to achieve a 40% increase in stability!
Copper-cooled to the core
Exclusive DirectCU cooling technology puts better conductive copper heat-pipes in direct contact with Rampage V Extreme's Extreme Engine Digi+ IV VRM zone to provide incomparable heat dissipation. Other designs merely prevent overheating - Rampage V Extreme with DirectCU goes up to 7? cooler.
Primed for your existing pot
Rampage V Extreme's three-piece X-Socket II makes easy work of mounting your existing liquid-nitrogen (LN2) or dry-ice evaporator pots to the latest LGA2011-3 socket. Use the supplied star screwdriver to replace the LGA2011-3 backplate with X-Socket II and you're ready to super-cool with your existing evaporator!
Advanced fan controls for ultimate cooling and quietness
Rampage V Extreme has 8 x 4/3-pin (PWM/DC) combo fan connectors; four intelligent onboard sensors plus three additional 2-pin headers and a selection of three thermal cables to help you monitor the temperatures of up to seven motherboard or key components in real time - so you're able to adjust CPU and case coolers automatically or manually for the best dissipation.
Exclusive Fan Xpert 3 delivers complete information that allows you to take advanced control over each fan. Create your perfect balance between quietness; cooling and performance.
Precision-engineered audio that's as great as a dedicated sound card
ROG knows the importance of flawless audio - pristine effects and full-range soundtracks make the game. That's why we invest substantial engineering resources to perfect onboard audio. The result is SupremeFX. Cutting-edge isolation technologies minimize electromagnetic interference (EMI) and exceptionally premium components deliver best-in-class audio that's as great as a dedicated soundcard. But we never rest on our laurels; which is why SupremeFX 2014 has been refined even further for Rampage V Extreme. That means even finer components and superbly clever software innovations for gaming and multimedia experiences beyond compare!
Sonic Studio - Brilliant one-click virtual sound!
Sonic Studio is a brand-new audio-tuning suite that provides an aural treat. Use the one-click Virtual Surround function to simulate 7.1 channel audio; through a stereo (2.0-channel) headset. It offers five superb audio controls; including Reverb; Bass Boost; Equalizer; Voice Clarity and Smart EQ - ensuring that everything you hear sounds just amazing!
Perfect Voice - Simple and effective noise reduction
Perfect Voice removes ambient noise with one click; for crystal-clear in-game chat
Scan and detect to dominate!
Designed for first-person shooters (FPS); Sonic Radar II displays a stealthy overlay that shows what opponents and teammates are up to. See the precise direction and origin of in-game sounds such as gunshots; footsteps and call-outs; and practice your enemy-pinpointing skills - and exclusive Audio Enhancement further improves in-game sound for superb hearing awareness. The all-new Sonic Radar II includes a redesigned control panel with customizable game list!
More throughput; less CPU usage and great gaming experiences!
Rampage V Extreme features the very latest Intel Ethernet for faster; smoother gaming - always. Intel's LAN has the serious double advantage of reducing CPU overhead and offering exceptionally high TCP and UDP throughput. This significantly reduces the processor's workload; so there's more power for your game and your gameplay!
ASUS engineers used IxChariot; an independent network-assessment test tool; to determine just how much faster Intel Gigabit Ethernet deals with the smaller (sub-256 bytes) UDP data packets that are vital for responsive gaming. The results are in - and with Rampage V Extreme your game-data packets flow up to two times (2X) faster than competing gaming-LAN technologies!
Pumped-up throughput. Best surge protection.
ROG has reinvented the LAN port. Advanced signal-coupling technology and premium surface-mounted capacitors improve throughput; while surge-protected and electrostatically-guarded components (ESD Guards) protect your motherboard from lightning strikes and static electricity!
Network-Optimization Software For No-Delay Gameplay!
Exclusive GameFirst III has been upgraded with even more gamer-helping features and an interface that's even more intuitive! GameFirst III helps you to assign top priority to game packets and allocate more bandwidth to the game; ensuring the best online gaming experience.
Choose from a preset mode to suit what you're doing - Optimization; Game; Media Streaming or File Sharing. You can manage bandwidth down to the level of individual applications; with five priority levels and even the ability to block specific traffic. GameFirst III even has a built-in Network Monitor tool; so you can supervise your network traffic and test your connection speed to check that you're getting the bandwidth you pay for!
Your keyboard; instantly upgraded!
Fancy a free keyboard upgrade? That's what KeyBot gives you - instantly. Just plug your existing keyboard into the dedicated USB socket to activate the exclusive KeyBot microprocessor on the Rampage V Extreme. Use the easy-to-use utility to assign macros to function keys F1-F10 to launch any application with a single press or control multimedia playback - or store up to 15 keystrokes per key!
Dynamically unleash your RAM - 20X faster than SSD!
With RAM Disk you can turn system memory into superfast temporary storage. Put large files; such as game maps; into RAM Disk and watch loading times fly - you'll never again wait to play. The improved 2014 edition of RAM Disk dynamically allocates memory; so unused RAM is released back to the system when it's needed. You'll even enjoy the bonus of protecting your SSD drives; as RAM Disk reduces excessive reads and writes that can reduce lifespan! Last but not least; the junction function serves as quick links between files and RAM storage. All files are automatically saved and restored to their specific locations on hard drives when you turn your PC off; then go back to RAM when you power on again.
Acclaimed by media worldwide as the most-intuitive UEFI BIOS!
The smoothest mouse-controlled graphical UEFI BIOS has been upgraded to deliver faster setup and easier functions; with an even more appealing design for better overclocking and DIY experiences. Whether you're a PC novice or a seasoned overclocker; the EZ and Advanced Modes help you find your way; quickly and easily.
Fan Profile: Detailed CPU and case fan information for instant cooling!
SATA Information: Displays SATA port details for you to easily recognize devices!
Fast Clock Adjustment: Use mouse controls to change the time and date!
EZ XMP: Improve your DRAM performance with a click!
Shortcut: Right-click to create shortcuts to frequently-used settings or press F4 to manage your list!
Quick Notes: Make notes and capture BIOS-related ideas; quickly and conveniently!
Last Modified Log: Track recent changes and save preferred profiles onto a USB drive!
SATA Port Renaming: Rename SATA ports for easy identification!
Forget The USB Power Drop-Outs!
ROG's TrueVolt USB design delivers a rock-steady 5V supply to both the front and back USB sockets - no drop-outs!
Two 5V Isolated Linear Power Supply For All USB Ports
Low noise; low loss.
Stable 5V supply to provide clean 5V USB power to minimize potential fluctuations
- Intel Core i7 processors on LGA 2011-v3 socket
- Intel X99 Express chipset
- OC Socket; OC Panel; Safe Boot and Retry buttons - Powerful tuning kit for breaking records
- Extreme Engine Digi+ IV - Primo components for rock-steady power
- DirectCU; X-Socket II; multiple thermal sensors and Fan Xpert 3 - Stay even cooler
- PCI Express 3.0 x4 M.2; dual SATA Express; 3T3R 802.11ac Wi-Fi - Unparalleled connectivity with blistering-fast transfer speeds
- SupremeFX 2014; Sonic Radar II; Intel Ethernet; LANGuard; GameFirst III; KeyBot; RAM Disk - Hear more; banish lag; accelerate loading and control
- USB 3.1 Type-A Card (Dual) bundled
- Intel Socket 2011-v3 Core i7 Processors
- Supports Intel 22 nm CPU
- Supports Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0
- 8 x DIMM; Max. 64GB; DDR4 3300(O.C.)/3000(O.C.)/2800(O.C.)/2666(O.C.)/2400(O.C.)/2133 MHz Non-ECC; Un-buffered Memory
- Quad Channel Memory Architecture
- Supports Intel Extreme Memory Profile (XMP)
- Supports NVIDIA 4-Way SLI Technology
- Supports NVIDIA 3-Way SLI Technology
- Supports NVIDIA SLI Technology
- Supports AMD 4-Way CrossFireX Technology
- Supports AMD 3-Way CrossFireX Technology
- Supports AMD CrossFireX Technology
- 4 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16 (x16; x16/x16; x16/x8/x8 or x16/x8/x8/x8 mode with 40-LANE CPU; x16; x16/x8; x8/x8/x8 mode with 28-LANE CPU)
- 1 x PCIe 2.0 x16 (x4 mode)
- 1 x PCIe 2.0 x1
- New Intel Core i7 Processors:
- 1 x M.2 Socket 3; with M Key; type 2260/2280/22110 storage devices support (Supports PCIE SSDs only)
- Intel X99 chipset:
- 1 x SATA Express port; red; compatible with 2 x SATA 6.0 Gb/s ports
- 8 x SATA 6Gb/s port(s); red
- Supports Intel Smart Response Technology; Intel Rapid Recovery Technology
- ASMedia SATA Express controller:
- 1 x SATA Express port; red; compatible with 2 x SATA 6.0 Gb/s ports
- Intel I218V; 1 x Gigabit LAN Controller(s); featuring GAMEFIRST III
- Intel LAN- Dual interconnect between the Integrated LAN controller and Physical Layer (PHY)
- Anti-surge LANGuard
Wireless Data Network
- Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac
- Supports dual band frequency 2.4/5 GHz
- Up to 1300Mbps transfer speed
- ROG SupremeFX 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC
- Supports: Jack-detection; Multi-streaming; Front Panel Jack-retasking
- SupremeFX Shielding Technology
- ELNA premium audio capacitors
- Audio Feature:
- Blu-ray audio layer Content Protection
- DTS Connect
- Optical S/PDIF out port(s) at back panel
- Sonic SoundStage
- Sonic SenseAmp
- Sonic Studio
- Sonic Radar II
- Intel X99 chipset: 4 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 port(s) (4 at mid-board)
- Intel X99 chipset: 6 x USB 2.0 port(s) (2 at back panel; black; 4 at mid-board)
- ASMedia USB 3.0 controller: 10 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 port(s) (10 at back panel; blue)
- 2.6 " LCM display
- EXTREME/NORMAL mode switch
- EXTREME Mode for subzero OC benching:
- VGA Hotwire
- Subzero Sense
- Slow Mode
- Pause Switch
- VGA SMB header
- 4 x 4-pin extra fan connectors
- NORMAL Mode for in-chassis usage:
- CPU Level Up OC button
- FanSpeed control button
- LCM backlight on/off button
- I/O Ports:
- POWER: 1 x SATA power connector
- ROG EXT port: 1 x 18-1 pin data connection port
ROG Exclusive Features
- DirectCU thermal design ROG Connect:
- RC Diagram
- RC Remote
- RC Poster
- ROG Extreme OC kit:
- Retry button
- Safe Boot button
- Start button
- Reset button
- Slow Mode
- LN2 Mode
- PCIe x16 Lane Switch
- Debug LED
- CPU Level Up
- Direct Key
- UEFI BIOS features:
- ROG BIOS Print
- GPU.DIMM Post
- Tweakers' Paradise
- ROG SSD Secure Erase
- Graphic Card Information Preview
- ROG RAM Disk
- GameFirst III
- Extreme Tweaker
- USB BIOS Flashback
- Overclocking Protection:
- COP EX (Component Overheat Protection - EX)
- Voltiminder LED II
- ASUS Exclusive Features:
- AI Suite 3
- Ai Charger+
- USB Charger+
- USB 3.1 Boost
- Disk Unlocker
Operating System Support
- Windows 8.1 86x64
- Windows 8 86x64
- Windows 7 86x64
Back I/O Ports
- 1 x PS/2 keyboard/mouse combo port(s)
- 1 x LAN (RJ45) port(s)
- 10 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 (blue)
- 2 x USB 2.0 (one port can be switched to ROG Connect)
- 1 x Optical S/PDIF out
- 5 x Audio jack(s)
- 1 x Clear CMOS button(s)
- 1 x ROG Connect On/ Off switch(es)
- 1 x ASUS Wi-Fi GO! module (Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac and Bluetooth v4.0
Internal I/O Ports
- 2 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 connector(s) support(s) additional 4 USB 3.1 Gen 1 port(s)
- 2 x USB 2.0 connector(s) support(s) additional 4 USB 2.0 port(s)
- 2 x SATA Express connector: red; with M key; type 2242/2260/2280 storage devices support (both SATA & PCIE mode)
- 1 x M.2 Socket 3 for M Key; type 2260/2280/22110 storage devices support (Support PCIE SSD only)
- 1 x TPM header
- 8 x SATA 6Gb/s connector(s)
- 1 x CPU Fan connector(s) (1 x 4 -pin)
- 1 x CPU OPT Fan connector(s) (1 x 4 -pin)
- 6 x Chassis Fan connector(s) (6 x 4 -pin)
- 1 x Thunderbolt header(s)
- 1 x 24-pin EATX Power connector(s)
- 1 x 8-pin ATX 12V Power connector(s)
- 1 x 4-pin ATX 12V Power connector(s)
- 1 x Front panel audio connector(s) (AAFP)
- 1 x System panel(s) (Q-Connector)
- 1 x MemOK! button(s)
- 1 x Slow Mode switch(es)
- 9 x ProbeIt Measurement Points
- 3 x Thermal sensor connector(s)
- 1 x EZ Plug connector(s) (4-pin Molex power connector)
- 1 x Power-on button(s)
- 1 x Reset button(s)
- 1 x BIOS Switch button(s)
- 1 x LN2 Mode jumper(s)
- 1 x ROG extension (ROG EXT) header(s)
- 1 x KeyBot Button
- 1 x Sonic SoundStage Button
- 1 x Safe Boot button
- 1 x Retry button
- 2 x 128 Mb Flash ROM; UEFI AMI BIOS; PnP; DMI2.7; WfM2.0; SM BIOS 2.8; ACPI 5.0; Multi-language BIOS; ASUS EZ Flash 2; CrashFree BIOS 3; F11 EZ Tuning Wizard; F6 Qfan Control; F3 My Favorites; Quick Note; Last Modified log; F12 PrintScreen; F3 Shortcut functions and ASUS DRAM SPD (Serial Presence Detect) memory information.
- WfM2.0; DMI2.7; WOL by PME; PXE
- ROG GameFirst III
- ROG RAM Disk
- ROG CPU-Z
- ROG Mem TweakIt
- Kaspersky Anti-Virus
- DAEMON Tools Pro Standard
- ASUS WebStorage
- ASUS Utilities
- Extended ATX Form Factor
- 12 inch x 10.7 inch (30.5 cm x 27.2 cm)