Maximus Ix Code
Born from the Formula; the Maximus IX Code gives gamers the aesthetic appeal of Aura Sync lighting; the convenience of onboard Wi-Fi; and the reliability of long-lasting components. It's christened Code to echo the defining layer of ROG Armor that protects and streamlines the board. Code has roots in codex; a Latin term describing the precursor to modern books that became popular due to its unique and durable cover. The Maximus IX Code seeks to set a new standard in motherboard design by making ROG Armor more accessible to gamers.
Rog Water Cooling Zone
ROG's innovative Water-Cooling Zone lets you monitor your cooling system like never before. ROG Water-Cooling Zone's dual water-temperature headers and flow-rate header feed information straight into ROG's intuitive Fan Xpert 4 utility - so you can stay on top of the heat and stay cool in every game!
Aura Lighting Control
Customize your own favorite LED effects with Aura; the intuitive lighting-control software; to cast a stunning multi-color glow across your build via the ROG Maximus IX Code's brilliant built-in RGB LEDs or attached RGB strips via the two onboard 4-pin headers - all lights will perform in perfect synchronization! Fire up Aura and enjoy the creative freedom of nine different lighting schemes.
Outshine The Competition
ASUS Aura Sync technology makes ROG Maximus IX Code the control hub for your illumination ambitions - so it's easy to synchronize incredible lighting effects between compatible components; including RGB LED strips; graphics cards; keyboards and even mice! Change all LEDs in unison or employ dynamic modes to flow the illumination effects smoothly across all synchronized devices.
New SupremeFX Codec
ROG's awesome SupremeFX audio technology has levelled up; delivering an exceptional 113dB signal-to-noise ratio on the line-in connection - and that means our best-ever recording quality! We've also added a low-dropout regulator for cleaner power delivery to the SupremeFX S1220 codec; an ESS Sabre Hi-Fi ES9023P digital-to-analog converter for superior front-panel output; and a Texas Instruments RC4850 op-amp for high gain with low distortion - which all adds up to audio that envelops you as never before.
Sonic Studio Iii
ROG's Sonic Studio III audio effects station has been updated with an all-new routing feature to port streams to different outputs as well as app-level preferences for instant audio profiles and improved noise filtering for conversations with total clarity!
Easily assign different audio streams to different outputs; such as browser audio to headphones and game audio to speakers.
Apply customized audio settings to different applications; so everything you do is perfectly tuned to the way you want to listen.
Automatically detects and eliminates unwanted background noises; ensuring that communications are loud and clear.
Sonic Radar Iii
Sonic Radar III is all-new - with an evolved audio engine that processes sounds more accurately than ever; ensuring you're always aware of what's going on around you. A new on-screen arrow has also been added to help you pinpoint the enemy position instantly!
Improved Audio Algorithm
The new Sonic Radar III audio algorithm is now even more accurate; allowing enemies to be located with pinpoint precision regardless of the surrounding noise and chaos.
Sonic Radar III is built around its all-new head-up display with an in-game three-dimensional arrow for a more intuitive experience.
The new Audio Boost feature now allows enhanced audio to be heard directly.
Redesigned radar based on adjustable sectors (4-16) makes the enemies' position clearer and more direct
Asus Pro Clock Technology
A dedicated base-clock generator designed for 7th Generation Intel processors allows overclocked base clock frequencies up to or beyond 425MHz. This custom solution works in tandem with the ASUS TurboV Processing Unit (TPU) to enhance voltage and base-clock overclocking control - providing an exciting new way to boost performance to extreme heights.
Third-Generation Asus T-Topology
With support for DDR4 memory you're able to drive memory frequencies to 4133MHz (and beyond when overclocked)! ASUS-exclusive T-Topology circuit design plus OC Socket provides superb memory-overclocking capability to unleash the full power of DDR4 by minimizing coupling noise and signal reflection. With innovative equidistant memory channels; it delivers the most balanced control and powerful overclocking compatibility. ASUS works with almost every DDR4 memory vendor to ensure the best compatibility.
Performance; Efficiency; Digital Power; Fan Control And Networking - Tailored To The Way You Play
You don't need to be an expert to max out gaming performance on your ROG Maximus IX Code build - because 5-Way Optimization sorts all the complex settings with a click; for instant; highly controllable performance boosts! Exclusive ROG technology dynamically optimizes essential aspects of your system; based on real-time use - so you get superb CPU performance; everyday energy savings; ultra-stable digital power; cool and quiet fans and networking settings that are tailored for the apps that you are using. In short; 5-Way Optimization ensures that your PC is perfect for gaming; entertainment; and productivity!
Games run swiftly and smoothly with high-performance and prioritized bandwidth.
Fans stay whisper-quiet for everyday computing; and ensure extreme cooling efficiency when gaming.
Stutter is eliminated for smooth-running apps; even under heavy loads.
Energy waste is reduced so you'll save money and the earth.
Cooler By Design
Play quieter and cooler with advanced fan and water-pump controls for the ultimate in undisturbed gaming. With onboard thermal sensors and hardware-level 4-pin/3-pin PWM/DC mode detection; Fan Xpert 4 makes sure every fan achieves the best balance of cooling performance and low noise - so you enjoy all the performance you demand with none of the racket!
Media-Acclaimed Uefi Bios
The smoothest; slickest mouse-controlled graphical BIOS has been improved to make it even more gorgeous. Whether you're a PC novice or a seasoned overclocker; the EZ and Advanced modes help you find your way; quickly and easily.
USB Uefi Bios Flashback
Refresh your BIOS in a flash; even when the system is off
ROG's revered digital power controller now delivers even-finer power; with Texas Instruments NexFET MOSFETs; MicroFine alloy chokes; Digi+ PWM controller and 10K black metallic capacitors - ensuring Extreme Engine Digi+ always delivers the smoothest core voltages.
USB 3.1 Front-Panel Connector
USB-C is the future-proof reversible connector - and ROG Maximus IX Code lets you put the connection right where it's needed! With an onboard USB 3.1 front panel connector you can position a USB-C port on your system's front panel; so it's always within reach.
ROG Maximus IX Code features the very latest Intel Ethernet (I219-V) for faster; smoother gaming. Intel's LAN has the serious double advantage of reducing CPU overhead and offering exceptionally high TCP and UDP throughput; so there's more power for your game and your gameplay.
LANGuard means safer; more reliable connections for your battles! Advanced signal-coupling technology and premium surface-mounting processes join forces to protect your Maximus IX Code motherboard's connection; plus electrostatically guarded and surge-protected components (ESD Guards) for 1.9x greater tolerance to static electricity and 2.5x greater protection (up to 15kV) against surges!
2X2 802.11Ac Wi-Fi With Mu-Mimo
ROG Maximus IX Code has next-level 802.11ac Wi-Fi with 2x2 dual-band 2.4/5GHz antennas for up to 867 Mbps transfer speeds - and the very latest Multi-User Multiple In Multiple Out (MU-MIMO) technology to ensure that every connected user experiences the best wireless and online speeds!
GameFirst IV optimizes network traffic for faster; lag-free online gaming - and now we've added Multi-Gate Teaming to team up to 4 networks for maximum bandwidth and smooth gameplay. You'll also enjoy all-new Intelligent mode; which automatically compiles a database by parsing new app data to ensure that every game is optimized for the best performance.
Strong Abs Top Cover
Stylish thermal protection that blocks heat from graphics cards and ensures lower system temperatures for better performance and chic looks!
Onboard LEDs indicate power status and potential problems with the CPU; memory; graphics card or boot device; for quick diagnosis.
SafeSlot is the PCIe slot reinvented by ASUS and engineered to provide superior retention and shearing resistance. Manufactured in a single step; a new insert-molding process integrates the slot with fortifying metal for an inherently stronger slot; which is then firmly anchored to the PCB through additional solder points.
electrostatic protection than standard. ESD Guards cover the USB; audio and LAN ports.
USB power supplies provide rock-steady 5V to all USB ports; minimizing power fluctuations for minimal data loss.
protection from socket-pin damage.
makes it easy to sort all front-panel cables.
makes it easy to swap or secure your graphics card.
clips provide super-simple; super-secure handling of memory modules.
resettable fuse protects connection ports and DRAM against overcurrent and short-circuit damage.
protect your hands from nicks and cuts.
Make It Your Own
ASUS is the first motherboard manufacturer to provide a wide range of 3D printable accessories; making it easy to customize your system's appearance and improve functionality. Easily print a 2-way SLI HB bridge cover or custom cable combs to help with wire management.
As system parts are visible in custom PC builds; make yours stand out from the competition with 3D-printed accessories.
2-Way Sli Hb Bridge Cover
Clip the cover onto the PCB SLI HB bridge to add style to your build. Multiple form factors - eATX; ATX and mATX - are available.
Add some style to your build.
Keep cables organized with the multi-connector design. 3D design files are available for 24-pin; 8-pin; 8 + 6-pin; 6-pin and 4-pin PSU connectors.
Use ROG font files to print letters - then fully customize your build by adding your name or any other word or phrase!
Print a 3D keychain and show your ROG passion to the world!
Guide To Start 3D Printing
Follow these steps to start printing your own 3D parts; and integrate them seamlessly into your PC build in no time!
A clever; unobtrusive overlay keeps you in the game and allows you to browse the Web; email; IM; stream or record while you play. The overlay is dressed in color-matched ROG skins to show you're part of an elite pack. Grab it now from Overwolf's app store!
All-new ROG CloneDrive is the smart; convenient cloning solution that quickly and efficiently replicates hard drives or SSDs. CloneDrive is so smart that it can clone one drive to two target drives at the same time; or image any file from your disk at breakneck speeds.
ROG's uniquely intelligent technology effectively caches an entire storage device so that favorite games and apps launch at breakneck speeds: going to work the moment it's activated. RAMCache II turns milliseconds into microseconds to boost game-load times to stratospheric levels!
Get a free keyboard upgrade from an exclusive microprocessor and intuitive user interface. Record macros directly from the keyboard; switch profiles in moments; enable special functions with hotkeys from F1-F10; start and even boost your PC from shutdown (S5 mode)!
Beyond Vr Ready
ROG Maximus IX Code isn't just VR Ready - it goes way beyond! The ASUS Beyond VR Ready marque means that Maximus IX Code has been tested with loads of class-leading components to ensure that your productivity; gaming and entertainment needs are tuned for maximum performance after you've taken off the headset. ASUS ROGBeyond VR Ready opens up a new way to configure and build your dream system with total confidence.
Ready For 7Th Generation And 6Th Generation Intel Lga1151 Core I7/Core I5/Core I3/Pentium/Celeron Processors
This motherboard supports 7th Generation and 6th Generation Intel Core i7/Core i5/Core i3/Pentium/Celeron processors in the LGA1151 package. Integrated graphics; memory and PCI Express controllers support onboard graphics output with dedicated chipsets; two-channel (4-DIMM) DDR4 memory and 16 PCI Express 3.0/2.0 lanes for great performance.
Intel Z270 chipset
The Intel Z270 is a single-chipset design that supports 7th Generation and 6th Generation Intel LGA1151 Core i7/Core i5/Core i3/Pentium/Celeron processors. It provides improved performance by utilizing serial point-to-point links; allowing increased bandwidth and stability. Additionally; the Z270 chipset provides a maximum of 10 USB 3.0 ports; six SATA 6Gbps ports; and 32Gbps M.2 and PCIe 3.0 lane speed support; for faster data retrieval. Intel Z270 also supports integrated graphics; so you'll enjoy the very latest in graphics performance.
- Designed for 7th generation Intel Core processors to maximize connectivity and speed with Dual M.2; front panel USB 3.1; Intel Optane Memory compatibility and onboard 802.11ac Wi-Fi
- 5-Way Optimization with Auto-Tuning and FanXpert 4 automatically tailors overclocking profiles to your unique build for maximum OC performance and dynamic system cooling
- Dedicated water cooling headers allow monitoring of water temperature and flow without needing a dedicated standalone controller
- AURA SYNC RGB lighting features a nearly endless spectrum of colors with the ability to synchronize effects across an ever-expanding ecosystem of AURA SYNC enabled products
- Two Patent-pending SafeSlots feature an injection molding process that integrates metal framing for a stronger; firmly anchored PCIe slot built for heavyweight GPUs
- Intel for 7th/6th Generation Core i5/Core i3/Pentium/Celeron Processors
- Supports Intel 14 nm CPU
- Supports Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0
- 4 x DIMM; Max. 64GB; DDR4 4133(O.C.)/4000(O.C.)/3866(O.C.)/3733(O.C.)/3600(O.C.)/3466(O.C.)/3400(O.C.)/3333(O.C.)/3300(O.C.)/3200(O.C.)/3000(O.C.)/2800(O.C.)/2666(O.C.)/2400(O.C.)/2133 MHz Non-ECC; Un-buffered Memory
- Dual Channel Memory Architecture
- Supports Intel Extreme Memory Profile (XMP)
- Integrated Graphics Processor
- Multi-VGA output support: HDMI/DisplayPort 1.2 ports
- Supports HDMI with max. resolution 4096 x 2160 @ 24 Hz
- Supports DisplayPort with max. resolution 4096 x 2304 @ 60 Hz
- Maximum shared memory of 1024 MB
- Supports NVIDIA 2-Way SLI Technology
- Supports AMD 3-Way CrossFireX Technology
- 2 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16 (x16 or dual x8; gray)
- 1 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16 (x4 mode; black)
- 3 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x1
- Intel Z270 Chipset:
- 1 x M.2 Socket 3; with M Key; type 2242/2260/2280/22110 storage devices support (both SATA & PCIE mode)
- 1 x M.2 Socket 3; with M Key; type 2242/2260/2280 storage devices support (PCIE mode only)
- 6 x SATA 6Gb/s port(s)
- Support Raid 0; 1; 5; 10
- Supports Intel Smart Response Technology
- Intel Rapid Storage Technology supports
- Intel Optane Memory Ready
- Intel I219V
- Anti-surge LANGuard
- ROG GameFirst Technology
Wireless Data Network
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
- Supports dual band frequency 2.4/5 GHz
- Supports MU-MIMO
- ROG SupremeFX 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC S1220
- Impedance sense for front and rear headphone outputs
- Supports: Jack-detection; Multi-streaming; Front Panel Jack-retasking
- High quality 120 dB SNR stereo playback output and 113 dB SNR recording input
- SupremeFX Shielding Technology
- ESS ES9023P
- Supports up to 32-Bit/192kHz playback
- Audio Feature:
- Gold-plated jacks
- Sonic Radar III
- Sonic Studio III
- ASMedia USB 3.1 controller: 1 x USB 3.1 front panel connector port(s)
- ASMedia USB 3.1 controller: 2 x USB 3.1 Gen 2 port(s) (2 at back panel; Type-A + USB Type-CTM)
- Intel Z270 Chipset: 6 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 port(s) (4 at back panel;2 at mid-board)
- Intel Z270 Chipset: 6 x USB 2.0 port(s) (4 at back panel; ; 2 at mid-board)
ROG Exclusive Features
- Clear CMOS button
- ROG Armor
- ROG RAMCache II
- ROG CloneDrive
- MemOK! Button
- Retry Button
- Safe Boot Button
- Start Button
- Reset Button
- LN2 Mode
- GameFirst IV
- ROG Aura
- Aura Lighting Control
- Aura RGB Strip Headers
- Extreme Engine Digi+:
- MicroFine Alloy Chokes
- NexFET Power Block MOSFET
- 10K Black Metallic Capacitors
- KeyBot II
- UEFI BIOS features:
- O.C. Profile
- Tweakers' Paradise
- ROG SSD Secure Erase
- Graphic Card Information Preview
- ROG RAM Disk
- Extreme Tweaker
- BIOS Flashback
- ASUS Dual Intelligent Processors 5-Way Optimization by Dual Intelligent Processors 5:
- 5-Way Optimization tuning key perfectly consolidates TPU; EPU; DIGI+ VRM; Fan Expert 4; and Turbo App
- ASUS Exclusive Features:
- AI Suite 3
- Ai Charger
- ASUS EZ DIY:
- ASUS CrashFree BIOS 3
- ASUS EZ Flash 3
- ASUS USB BIOS Flashback
- ASUS Q-Design:
- ASUS Q-Shield
- ASUS Q-Code
- ASUS Q-LED (CPU; DRAM; VGA; Boot Device LED)
- ASUS Q-Slot
- ASUS Q-DIMM
- ASUS Q-Connector
- Overclocking Protection:
- ASUS C.P.R.(CPU Parameter Recall)
Back I/O Ports
- 1 x DisplayPort
- 1 x HDMI
- 1 x LAN (RJ45) port(s)
- 1 x USB 3.1 Gen 2 (black)Type-A
- 1 x USB 3.1 Gen 2 (red)USB Type-CTM
- 4 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 (blue)
- 4 x USB 2.0
- 1 x Optical S/PDIF out
- 5 x Audio jack(s)
- 1 x Clear CMOS button(s)
- 2 x Wi-Fi antenna port(s)
- 1 x USB BIOS Flashback Button(s)
Internal I/O Ports
- 2 x Aura RGB Strip Headers
- 1 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 connector(s) support(s) additional 2 USB 3.1 Gen 1 port(s)
- 1 x USB 2.0 connector(s) support(s) additional 2 USB 2.0 port(s)
- 1 x M.2 Socket 3 with M Key; type 2242/2260/2280/22110 storage devices support (SATA mode & X4 PCIE mode)
- 1 x M.2 Socket 3 with M Key; type 2242/2260/2280 storage devices support (PCIE mode only)
- 1 x TPM connector(s)
- 6 x SATA 6Gb/s connector(s)
- 1 x CPU Fan connector(s) (1 x 4 -pin)
- 1 x CPU OPT Fan connector(s) (1 x 4 -pin)
- 3 x Chassis Fan connector(s) (3 x 4 -pin)
- 1 x H AMP fan connector
- 1 x W PUMP+ connector (1 x 4 -pin)
- 1 x AIO PUMP connector (1 x 4 -pin)
- 1 x 24-pin EATX Power connector(s)
- 1 x 8-pin ATX 12V Power connector(s)
- 1 x Front panel audio connector(s) (AAFP)
- 1 x System panel(s) (Q-Connector)
- 1 x MemOK! button(s)
- 1 x Slow Mode switch(es)
- 1 x Reset button(s)
- 1 x LN2 Mode jumper(s)
- 1 x ROG extension (ROG EXT) header(s)
- 1 x Safe Boot button
- 1 x Retry button
- 1 x EXT Fan header
- 1 x W IN header
- 1 x W OUT header
- 1 x W FLOW header
- 1 x Thermal sensor connector
- 1 x Start button
- 1 x USB 3.1 Gen 2 front panel connector
- 1 x 128 Mb Flash ROM; UEFI AMI BIOS; PnP; DMI3.0; WfM2.0; SM BIOS 3.0; ACPI 5.0; Multi-language BIOS; ASUS EZ Flash 3; CrashFree BIOS 3; F11 EZ Tuning Wizard; F6 Qfan Control; F3 My Favorites; Last Modified log; F12 PrintScreen; F3 Shortcut functions and ASUS DRAM SPD (Serial Presence Detect) memory information
- WfM2.0; DMI3.0; WOL by PME; PXE
- ROG GameFirst IV
- ROG RAM Disk
- ROG RAMCache II
- ROG CPU-Z
- ROG Mem TweakIt
- ROG Keybot II
- Kaspersky Anti-Virus
- DAEMON Tools Software
- ASUS WebStorage
- Sonic Studio III
- Sonic Radar III
- RAM Disk
- ASUS Utilities
- Windows 10 64-bit
- Windows 8.1 64-bit
- Windows 7 32-bit
- Windows 7 64-bit
- ATX Form Factor
- 12 inch x 9.6 inch (30.5 cm x 24.4 cm)