For more than a decade; Republic of Gamers has delivered exemplary design and performance to thrill the world's best gamers and enthusiasts. But ours is journey without end. Now; it's time for competitors to be warned: the packed and pumped ROG Maximus IX Extreme is here. Expertly designed by ROG's passionate engineers and an elite cadre of industry partners; Maximus IX Extreme is the gaming motherboard that's tooled to be totally cooled - and primed to perform. It's the solution for gamers and water-cooling enthusiasts who will settle for nothing less than technological perfection!
Cool To The Extreme
ROG teamed up with the geniuses at Bits power to develop an all-new; integrated water-cooling solution for Maximus IX Extreme - one that elevates simplicity and efficiency to extraordinary levels. Designed from the ground up; and ready to work right out of the box; Maximus IX Extreme's built-in Monoblock has flow-rate; water-leak and temperature sensors all seamlessly integrated - plus Aura Sync RGB lighting; for instant curb appeal! With dedicated sensors feeding information straight into ROG's intuitive Fan Expert 4 utility; it's easy to configure options for shutdown timing and alerts; so you can stay on top of the heat and remain cool in every game!
Aura Lighting Control
Customize LED effects with intuitive ASUS Aura Sync lighting-control software. Aura allows you to cast a stunning multi-color glow across your build via the ROG Maximus IX Extreme's brilliant built-in RGB LEDs or attached RGB strips via the two onboard 4-pin headers. Fire up ASUS Aura and enjoy the creative freedom of nine lighting schemes - and watch all of the lights on your rig glow in perfect synchronization!
Outshine The Competition
ASUS Aura Sync technology makes Maximus IX Extreme the control hub for your illumination ambitions - so it's easy to synchronize incredible lighting effects between compatible components; including RGB LED strips; graphics cards; keyboards and even mice! Change all LEDs in unison or employ dynamic modes to flow the illumination effects smoothly across all synchronized devices.
New Supremefx Codec
ROG's awesome SupremeFX audio technology has levelled up; delivering an exceptional 113dB signal-to-noise ratio on the line-in connection and 120dB on line-out - and that means our best-ever recording quality! We've also added a low-dropout regulator for cleaner power delivery to the SupremeFX S1220 codec; an ESS Sabre Hi-Fi ES9023P digital-to-analog converter for superior front-panel output; and a Texas Instruments RC4580 op-amp for high gain with low distortion - which all adds up to audio that envelops you as never before.
Sonic Studio Iii
ROG's Sonic Studio III audio effects station has been updated with an all-new routing feature to port streams to different outputs as well as app-level preferences for instant audio profiles and improved noise filtering for conversations with total clarity!
Easily assign different audio streams to different outputs; such as browser audio to headphones and game audio to speakers.
Apply customized audio settings to different applications; so everything you do is perfectly tuned to the way you want to listen.
Automatically detects and eliminates unwanted background noises; ensuring that communications are loud and clear.
Sonic Radar Iii
Sonic Radar III is all-new - with an evolved audio engine that processes sounds more accurately than ever; ensuring you're always aware of what's going on around you. A new on-screen arrow has also been added to help you pinpoint the enemy position instantly!
Oc Design-Asus Pro Clock Technology
A dedicated base-clock generator designed for 7th Generation Intel processors allows overclocked base clock frequencies up to or beyond 425MHz. This custom solution works in tandem with the ASUS TurboV Processing Unit (TPU) to enhance voltage and base-clock overclocking control - providing an exciting new way to boost performance to Extreme heights.
Third-Generation Asus T-Topology
With support for DDR4 memory you're able to drive memory frequencies to 4133MHz - and even beyond! ASUS-exclusive T-Topology circuit design plus OC Socket provides superb memory-overclocking potential; minimizing coupling noise and signal reflection to enable you to unleash the full power of DDR4. With innovative equidistant memory channels; our design delivers the most balanced control and incredibly powerful overclocking capability. And that's not all: ASUS works with almost every DDR4 memory vendor to ensure the best compatibility.
SafeDIMM slots feature a metal key-pin that increases durability; versus traditional DIMM slots.
One Click Overclock And Cooling; Done!
Get Performance; Efficiency; Digital Power; Fan Control And Even Networking Tailored For You - And The Way You Play!
You don't need to be an expert to max out gaming performance on your ROG Maximus IX Extreme build - because 5-Way Optimization sorts all the complex settings with a click; for instant; highly controllable performance boosts! Exclusive ROG technology dynamically optimizes essential aspects of your system; based on real-time use - so you get superb CPU performance; everyday energy savings; ultra-stable digital power; cool and quiet fans and networking settings that are tailored for the apps that you are using. In short; 5-Way Optimization ensures that your PC is perfect for gaming; entertainment; and productivity!
- Games run swiftly and smoothly with high performance; prioritized bandwidth and vivid sound.
- Fans stay whisper-quiet for everyday computing; and ensure Extreme cooling efficiency when gaming.
- Stutter is eliminated for smooth-running apps; even under heavy loading.
- Energy waste is reduced so you'll save money.
Cooler By Design
Play quieter and cooler with advanced fan and water-pump controls for the ultimate in undisturbed gaming. With onboard thermal sensors and hardware-level 4-pin/3-pin PWM/DC mode detection; Fan Expert 4 makes sure every fan achieves the best balance of cooling performance and low noise - so you enjoy all the performance you demand with none of the racket!
Media-Acclaimed Uefi Bios
The smoothest; slickest mouse-controlled graphical BIOS has been improved to make it even more gorgeous. Whether you're a PC novice or a seasoned over clocker; the EZ and Advanced Modes help you find your way; quickly and easily.
The Finest Power; Digitally Controlled
ROG's revered digital power controller now delivers even-finer power; with Texas Instruments NexFET MOSFETs; Micro Fine alloy chokes; Digi+ PWM controller and 10K black metallic capacitors - ensuring Extreme Engine Digi+ always delivers the smoothest core voltages.
Procool Power Connector
ASUS ProCool is the power connector reinvented! Compared with traditional power connectors; ProCool connectors ensure an exceptionally close and secure connection with the Maximus IX Extreme motherboard. This design is stronger; and also benefits power efficiency: the flush connection enables lower impedance and better heat dissipation; allowing cooler operating temperature. ProCool even has a neat right-angled plug; helping you to keep the wiring out of the way!
Future-Proof Connectivity-USB 3.1 Front-Panel Connector
USB-C is the latest USB connector technology - and ROG Maximus IX Extreme lets you put it right where you need it! With a ASM 2142 USB 3.1 controller running at PCIe 3.0 x2 and featuring an onboard USB 3.1 front-panel connector; you can now achieve the highest data transferring speeds possible - easily.
Super-Speed Connectivity-Thunderbolt 3
Thunderbolt 3 means faster; bigger; better and more! At a breathtaking 40Gbps you'll experience faster transfers; with four times (4X) the data speeds of any other cable and twice (2X) the video bandwidth. And Maximus IX Extreme with Thunderbolt 3 also offers compatibility with billions of USB devices; device docking and charging!
Unleash 32Gbps SSD Speeds-Dual M.2 (Pcie Gen3 X4)
Maximus IX Extreme has dual PCIe 3.0 x4 M.2 slots that provide NV Me SSD RAID support for an incredible performance boost. Create a RAID configuration with up to three PCIe 3.0 storage devices via two M.2 slots and the PCIe x16 slot to enjoy the fastest data-transfer speeds on the 7th Gen Intel Core platform!
More Throughput And Less Processing Equals Faster Online Play-Intel Ethernet
ROG Maximus IX Extreme features the very latest Intel Ethernet (I219-V) for faster; smoother gaming. Intel's LAN has the serious double advantage of reducing CPU overhead and offering exceptionally high TCP and UDP throughput; so there's more power for your game and your gameplay.
Pumped-Up Throughput; Best Surge Protection-Languard
LANGuard means safer; more reliable connections for your battles! Advanced signal-coupling technology and premium surface-mounting processes join forces to protect your ROG Maximus IX Extreme motherboard's connection; plus electrostatically guarded and surge-protected components (ESD Guards) for 1.9x greater tolerance to static electricity and 2.5x greater protection (up to 15kV) against surges!
2x2 802.11Ac Wi-Fi With Mu-Mimo
2x2 dual-band 2.4/5GHz antennas for up to 867 Mbit/s transfer speeds - and the very latest Multi-User MIMO (MU-MIMO) technology to ensure that every connected user experiences the best wireless and online speeds!
Team Up To Banish Lag-Game first Iv
GameFirst IV optimizes network traffic for faster; lag-free online gaming - and now we've added Multi-Gate Teaming to team up to 4 networks for maximum bandwidth and smooth gameplay. You'll also enjoy all-new Intelligent mode; which automatically compiles a database by parsing new app data to ensure that every game is optimized for the best performance.
Pre-Mounted I/O Shield
ROG's patent-pending pre-mounted I/O shield offers increased protection against electrostatic discharge of 12kV ; and is pre-fitted to make it even easier to install the motherboard. It also has a sleek new design that makes it look as good as it performs.
Safe Slot is the PCIe slot reinvented by ASUS and engineered to provide superior retention and shearing resistance. Manufactured in a single step; a new insert-molding process integrates the slot with fortifying metal for an inherently stronger slot; which is then firmly anchored to the motherboard through additional solder points.
Copper-Plated Pcb Edge
Maximus IX Extreme has an exclusive copper-plated edge; levelling up the board's aesthetic appeal and providing enhanced protection against electromagnetic interference (EMI).
3D printing Make It Your Own
Dedicated 3D mounts on the motherboard makes fitting 3D-printed parts easy. Using the same screws as M.2 drives and standard motherboard mounting holes; you can easily add nameplates and cable covers.
As system parts are visible in custom PC builds; make yours stand out from the competition with 3D-printed accessories.
2-Way Sli Hb Bridge Cover
Clip the cover onto the PCB SLI HB bridge to add style to your build. Multiple form factors - EATX; ATX and mATX - are available.
Make your cooling a little cooler.
Keep cables organized with the multi-connector design. 3D design files are available for 24-pin; 8-pin; 8 + 6-pin; 6-pin and 4-pin PSU connectors.
Use ROG font files to print letters - then fully customize your build by adding your name or any other word or phrase!
Print a 3D keychain and show your ROG passion to the world!
Guide To 3D Printing
Follow these steps to start printing your own 3D parts; and integrate them seamlessly into your PC build in no time!
A clever; unobtrusive overlay keeps you in the game and allows you to browse the Web; email; IM; stream or record while you play. The overlay is dressed in color-matched ROG skins to show you're part of an elite pack. Grab it now from Over wolf's app store!
Rog Clone Drive
All-new ROG Clone Drive is the smart; convenient cloning solution that quickly and efficiently replicates hard drives or SSDs. Clone Drive is so smart that it can clone one drive to two target drives at the same time; or image any file from your disk at breakneck speeds.
Speed Your Game Loads
ROG's uniquely-intelligent technology effectively caches an entire storage device so that favorite games and apps launch at breakneck speeds; getting to work the moment it's activated. RAM Cache turns milliseconds into microseconds to boost game-load times to stratospheric levels!
The Free Keyboard Upgrade - Upgraded!
Get a free keyboard upgrade from an exclusive microprocessor and intuitive user interface. Record macros directly from the keyboard; switch profiles in moments; enable special functions with hotkeys from F1-F10; start and even boost your PC from shutdown (S5 mode)!
Beyond Vr Ready
Maximus IX Extreme isn't just VR Ready - it goes way beyond! The ASUS ROG Beyond VR Ready marque means that Extreme has been tested with loads of class-leading components to ensure that your productivity; gaming and entertainment needs are tuned for maximum performance after you've taken off the headset. ASUS ROG Beyond VR Ready opens up a new way to configure and build your dream system with total confidence.
- LGA1151 socket for 7th Gen and 6th Gen Intel Core desktop processors.
- Integrated ROG-built Monoblock detects water flow; temperature and leakage; and integrates the M.2 heatsink for improved reliability and performance.
- Best gaming lighting: Aura Sync RGB LEDs; Aura 4-pin RGB-strip headers and color-coded LED audio jacks.
- SupremeFX: Exclusive new codec plus intuitive Sonic Studio III and Sonic Radar III.
- 5-Way Optimization: One-click system-wide overclocking.
- Best gaming networking: Intel Gigabit Ethernet; 2x2 802.11ac MU-MIMO Wi-Fi ; LANGuard and GameFirst technologies.
- Best gaming protection: pre-mounted I/O shield and gold-plated PCB edges for EMI protection and maximum durability.
- Best gaming connectivity: Front-panel USB 3.1; onboard Thunderbolt 3. and dual M.2.
- Intel Socket 1151 for 7th Generation for 7th/6th Generation Core i7/Core i5/Core i3/Pentium/Celeron Processors
- Supports Intel 14 nm CPU
- Supports Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0
- 4 x DIMM; Max. 64GB; DDR4 4133(O.C.)/4000(O.C.)/3866(O.C.)/3800(O.C.)/3733(O.C.)/3600(O.C.)/3500(O.C.)/3466(O.C.)/3400(O.C.)/2666(O.C.)/2400(O.C.) MHz Memory
- Dual Channel Memory Architecture
- Supports Intel Extreme Memory Profile (XMP)
- Integrated Graphics Processor- Intel HD Graphics support
- Multi-VGA output support: HDMI/DisplayPort 1.2 ports
- Supports HDMI with max. resolution 4096 x 2160 24 Hz
- Supports DisplayPort with max. resolution 4096 x 2304 60 Hz
- Maximum shared memory of 1024 MB
- 2 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16 (Single at x16; dual at x8/x8)
- 1 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16
- 1 x PCIe 3.0 x4
- Intel Z270 Chipset:
- 1 x M.2 Socket 3; with M key; type 2242/2260/2280 storage devices support (both SATA & PCIE mode)
- 1 x M.2 Socket 3; with M Key; type 2242/2260/2280/22110 storage devices support (both SATA & PCIE mode)
- Support Raid 0; 1; 5; 10
- Supports Intel Smart Response Technology
- Intel Rapid Storage Technology supports
- Intel Optane Memory Ready
- Intel I219V
- Anti-surge LANGuard
- ROG GameFirst IV
Wireless Data Network
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
- Supports MU-MIMO
- ROG SupremeFX 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC S1220
- Impedance sense for front and rear headphone outputs
- Supports: Jack-detection; Multi-streaming; Front Panel Jack-retasking
- High quality 113 dB SNR stereo playback output and 110 dB SNR recording input
- SupremeFX Shielding Technology
- ESS ES9023P
- Supports up to 32-Bit/192kHz playback
- Audio Feature:
- LED-illuminated design - Brighten up your build with the gorgeous illuminated audio trace path.
- Sonic Radar III
- Sonic Studio III
- AS Media USB 3.1 controller:
- 1 x USB 3.1 front panel connector port(s)
- Intel USB 3.1 controller:
- 2 x USB 3.1 Gen 2 port(s) (2 at back panel)
- Intel Z270 Chipset:
- 6 x USB port(s) (4 at back panel)
- AS Media USB 3.0 controller:
- 2 x USB port(s) (2 at back panel)
- Intel Z270 Chipset:
ROG Exclusive Features
- Clear CMOS button
- ROG RAM Cache II
- ROG CPU-Z
- ROG Clone Drive
- Pre-mounted I/O Shield
- MemOK! Button
- Slow Mode
- ReTry Button
- Safe Boot Button
- Start Button
- Reset Button
- LN2 Mode
- GameFirst IV
- ROG Aura
- Aura Lighting Control
- Aura RGB Strip Headers
- Extreme Engine Digi:
- Micro Fine Alloy Chokes
- NexFET Power Block MOSFET
- 10K Black Metallic Capacitors
- Mem Tweak It
- KeyBot II
- UEFI BIOS features:
- O.C. Profile
- Tweakers' Paradise
- ROG SSD Secure Erase
- Graphic Card Information Preview
- ROG RAM Disk
- Extreme Tweaker
- USB BIOS Flashback
- ASUS Dual Intelligent Processors 5-Way Optimization by Dual Intelligent Processors 5:
- 5-Way Optimization tuning key perfectly consolidates TPU; EPU; DIGI+ VRM; Fan Expert 4; and Turbo App
- SafeDIMM slot
- ASUS Exclusive Features:
- AI Suite 3
- Ai Charger
- ASUS Q-Design:
- ASUS Q-Code
- ASUS Q-LED ()
- ASUS Q-DIMM
- ASUS Q-Connector
- Gaming Aesthetics:
- Overclocking Protection:
- ASUS C.P.R.(CPU Parameter Recall)
Back I/O Ports
- 1 x DisplayPort
- 1 x HDMI
- 1 x LAN (RJ45) port(s)
- 2 x USB 3.1 Gen 2 ()Type-A + USB Type-C
- 6 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 (blue)
- 1 x Optical S/PDIF out
- 1 x Clear CMOS button(s)
- 1 x USB BIOS Flashback Button(s)
- 5 x LED-illuminated audio jacks
- Supports NVIDIA 2-Way SLI Technology
- Supports AMD 3-Way CrossFireX Technology
Internal I/O Ports
- 1 x AAFP connector
- 2 x Aura RGB Strip Headers
- 1 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 connector(s) support(s) additional 2 USB 3.1 Gen 1 port(s)
- 2 x USB 2.0 connector(s) support(s) additional 4 USB 2.0 port(s)
- 1 x M.2 Socket 3 with M key; type 2242/2260/2280 storage devices support (SATA & PCIE 3.0 x 4 mode)
- 1 x M.2 Socket 3 with M key; type 2242/2260/2280/22110 storage devices support (SATA & PCIE 3.0 x 4 mode)
- 1 x TPM connector(s)
- 8 x SATA 6Gb/s connector(s)
- 2 x Chassis Fan connector(s)
- 2 x W_PUMP+ connector
- 1 x 24-pin EATX Power connector(s)
- 1 x 8-pin ATX 12V Power connector(s)
- 1 x 4-pin ATX 12V Power connector(s)
- 1 x 4-pin EZ_PLUG Power connector(s)
- 1 x Front panel audio connector(s) (AAFP)
- 1 x System panel(s) (Q-Connector)
- 1 x Slow Mode switch(es)
- 1 x Thermal sensor connector(s)
- 1 x EZ Plug connector(s) (4-pin Molex power connector)
- 1 x Power-on button(s)
- 1 x Reset button(s)
- 1 x BIOS Switch button(s)
- 1 x Clear CMOS button(s)
- 1 x 5-pin EXT_FAN(Extension Fan) connector
- 1 x USB BIOS Flashback button(s)
- 1 x LN2 Mode jumper(s)
- 1 x ROG extension (ROG_EXT) header(s)
- 1 x Safe Boot button
- 1 x ReTry button
- 1 x T_Sensor Connector
- 2 x W_Pump+ Header
- 1 x EXT_Fan header
- 1 x W_IN header
- 1 x W_OUT header
- 1 x W_FLOW header
- 1 x USB 3.1 Gen 2 front panel connector
- 1 x MemOK! Button
- 1 x RSVD Switch
- 1 x 9 pin Monoblock sensor
- 8 x Radiator Fan Headers
- User's manual
- 8 x SATA 6Gb/s cable(s)
- 1 x M.2 Screw Package
- 1 x CPU installation tool
- 1 x Fan Extension Card (3 x 4-pin fan out)
- 1 x Fan Extension card screw pack
- 1 x ASUS 2T2R dual band Wi-Fi moving antennas (Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n compliant)
- 1 x SLI HB BRIDGE(2-WAY-M)
- 1 x ROG big sticker
- 1 x Q-Connector
- 1 x 10-in-1 ROG cable label
- 2 x Thermal sensor cable pack(s)
- 1 x Extension Cable for RGB strips (80 cm)
- 1 x USB drive with utilities and drivers
- 1 x ROG coaster(s)
- 1 x ROG Monoblock
- 1 x ROG Monoblock Accessory pack
- 1 x M.2 Heatsink package
- 2 x 128 Mb Flash ROM; UEFI AMI BIOS; PnP; DMI3.0; WfM2.0; SM BIOS 3.0; ACPI 5.0; Multi-language BIOS; ASUS EZ Flash 3; Crash Free BIOS 3; F11 EZ Tuning Wizard; F6 Qfan Control; F3 My Favorites; F9 Quick Note; Last Modified log; F12 Print Screen; F3 Shortcut functions and ASUS DRAM SPD (Serial Presence Detect) memory information.
- Windows 10 64-bit
- Windows 8.1 64-bit
- Windows 7 32-bit
- Windows 7 64-bit
- Extended ATX Form Factor: 12 inch x 10.7 inch ( 30.5 cm x 27.2 cm )