Streamline-airflow design with CPU and memory slots in a parallel arrangement
X99-WS/IPMI deliver superior flexibility and performance with Intel 2011-v3 socket; eight DDR4 DIMM slots and five PCI Express 3.0 x16 slots. Furthermore; X99-WS/IPMI's layout is designed for optimal airflow; with the processor and memory slots placed in a parallel arrangement; providing optimized cooling for increased efficiency - making the motherboard ideal for both datacenter and workstation use.
Complete remote server management
The IPMI 2.0-compliant ASMB8-iKVM module enables remote BIOS updates; standalone KVM/Java utility; video recording and BSOD capture. With out-of-band management ASMB8-iKVM provides round-the-clock remote monitoring and diagnosis even if the server operating system is down or offline and all through a user-friendly web-based graphical interface that works with all major browsers. In addition; ASWM Enterprise software provides one-to-multiple centralized management including BIOS flash; software dispatch; task scheduler; remote control and power control; via colorful and informative graphical interface
Supreme Power Solutions
ASUS X99-WS/IPMI couples innovative thinking with premium components to deliver industry-leading power efficiency. Carefully engineered with Beat Thermal Chokes made of highly conductive and efficient gold-treated coating for minimal-loss power delivery and integrated Dr. MOS MOSFET that both saves space and reduces operating temperatures. For the latest workstation motherboard; ASUS introduce the industry's most durable 12K solid capacitors and exclusive ASUS ProCool power connectors. ASUS X99-WS/IPMI is built to stay cool under pressure - and boosts performance; power efficiency and product longevity into extreme levels!.
12K hour caps - Capacitors with World's Best Longevity
ASUS is the world's first motherboard manufacturer to introduce 12K solid capacitors and ASUS X99-WS/IPMI is of course equipped. These Japanese-made capacitors are the most durable in the industry; able to endure up to 12K hours at 105 degreeC and 1.2M hours at 65 degreeC. This is far higher than the temperatures generated by everyday computing; so ASUS X99-WS/IPMI is built for endurance. Our 12k capacitors also boast lowered equivalent series resistance (ESR) for increased efficiency and minimized heat generation - improving overall performance!
ProCool Power Connectors
ASUS ProCool is the power connector reinvented! Compared with traditional power connectors; ProCool connectors ensure an exceptionally close and secure connection with the ASUS X99-WS/IPMI motherboard. This design is much stronger and it also benefits power efficiency: the flush connection enables lower impedance and better heat dissipation; allowing cooler operating temperature.
Higher stability and lower power loss with Beat Thermal Choke
ASUS Beat Thermal Chokes deliver great durability and up to 93% power efficiency under normal operation. A special fin design results in 3-5? lower choke temps for added stability; which is increased exponentially by use of highly conductive and efficient gold-treated coating. This translates into minimal-loss power delivery.
Dr. MOS - the do-more MOSFET
ASUS X99-WS/IPMI benefits from an integrated Driver-MOSFET (Dr. MOS) that both saves space and reduces operating temperatures. Compared with traditional MOSFET designs; the Dr. MOS high-side and low-side MOSFETs and built-in driver extend component lifespan and enhances power efficiency.
Q-Code Logger - one-touch status checker
Q-code logger is your one-touch status checker that lets users easily check system status at any time. Plug a flash drive into adjacent USB port; press the motherboard's dedicated Q-Code logger button and all ASUS Q-Code event logs for the current live session will be copied to the drive even with the system off.
ASUS Dr. Power hassle-free power supply health monitoring
As the ASUS X99-WS/IPMI is meant for professional users who rely on non-stop operation; stable power delivery is critical. Real time power supply health detection helps prevent sudden system shutdown and provides hassle-free notifications should power delivery be insufficient. Additionally; LED messages on the board clearly indicate any relevant power issues in the event your system fails to boot.
Drive 8-core CPU and DDR4 performance beyond all expectations!
ASUS Exclusive OC Socket - The ASUS X99-WS/IPMI' CPU socket includes extra pins that connect proprietary circuitry to extra contacts found on Haswell-E's land grid array (LGA). When combined with our customized UEFI; this exclusive feature offers comprehensively-improved overclocking margins; especially under extreme liquid-nitrogen (LN2) overclocking. You'll enjoy better margins for memory overclocking; better comparative memory performance under the same frequencies and better margins for CPU overclocking with minimal voltage drop - so you're able to push the latest processors and DDR4 memory beyond their limits! OC Socket is 100% compatible with the new Haswell-E LGA 2011-3 processors. Forget limits; break every performance barrier with OC Socket!
Unique Cache Bus Voltage Adjustment
Cache bus links areas such as CPU cores; DDR4 Memory Controllers; System Agent and the shared L3 Cache. It is a critical interconnect for the whole CPU subsystem. Higher cache bus frequency directly gives faster total sub-system performance. ASUS OC Socket exclusively provides an adjustable cache bus voltage to reach higher cache bus frequencies.
Make your memory go faster
This is the first platform to support DDR4 memory and it is capable of overclocking memory up to DDR4 3200+ MHz with all eight DIMMs fully loaded! ASUS-exclusive T-Topology circuit design plus patent-pending OC Socket unleash the full potential of DDR4 by minimizing crosstalk and signal reflections. Thanks to our Xpertise in motherboard layout design; signal timing issues are also greatly reduced; resulting in improved stability and overall performance. ASUS works with almost every DDR4 memory vendor to ensure the best compatibility - so you're assured reliable performance from your favorite brands.
Media-acclaimed UEFI BIOS
The smoothest; slickest mouse-controlled graphical BIOS has been improved to make it even more appealing. Whether you're a PC novice or a seasoned over clocker; the EZ and Advanced Modes help you find your way; quickly and easily.
Fan Profile: Detailed CPU and case fan information for instant cooling!
SATA Information: Displays SATA port details for you to easily recognize devices!
Fast Clock Adjustment: Use mouse controls to change the time and date!
EZ XMP: Improve your DRAM performance with a click!
GPU POST: Find more info about your graphics cards and slot bandwidth allocation. Great for 2 or 3-way SLI or Crossfire
Shortcut: Press Enter to create shortcuts to favorite settings; or select an existing shortcut and press F4 to go straight there!
Quick Notes: Make notes and capture BIOS-related ideas; quickly and conveniently!
Last Modified Log: Track last change and save preferred profiles onto a USB drive!
SATA Port Renaming: Rename SATA ports for easy identification!
Evolve your storage speed with SATA Express
SATA Express provides up to 10Gbit/s data-transfer speeds from two PCIE 2.0 lanes; resolving the higher bandwidth request in the near future. The current SSDs consume up to 550MB/s; which is close to saturation point for SATA 6Gbit/s connections. Backwardly compatible with up to two SATA drives; SATA Express is the next-generation connectivity standard - and ensures that you and your system won't get left behind.
Speed up with onboard M.2 up to 10Gb/s
With x 2 x PCI Express 2.0 bandwidth ;M.2 supports up to 10Gb/s data-transfer speeds. It is the perfect choice for an operating system or application drive; making your whole PC or professional apps work as fast as possible
Instantly upgrade to ultimate-speed 10Gb/s with USB 3.1 Card
ASUS brings you the world's first USB 3.1 Card; perfectly matched for this motherboard: 10Gb/s data-transfer speeds - twice as fast as USB 3.0; Choice of USB 3.1 connectors: 1. Popular; backwardly-compatible Type-A; 2. New; future-proof reversible Type-C; Fits in any PCIe x4; x8; x16 slot; Even faster USB 3.1 transfers with included ASUS USB 3.1
Flawless audio that makes you part of the game
Crystal Sound 2: Crystal Sound 2 makes short work of optimizing audio settings for the way you want to listen; be it gaming; chatting; watching movies or relaxing to your favorite music. Onboard physical shielding; professional engineered design and premium components; including Japanese-made audio capacitors and operational amplifiers (op-amps); result in sound output that has exceptional clarity and fidelity. Discover a whole new dimension of superior audio and get ready to rule!
A double win for gaming!
The difference between defeat and victory can be measured in milliseconds. That's why ASUS motherboards are equipped with state-of-the-art networking technology that puts your frags first!
Turbo LAN with cFosSpeed traffic-shaping technology adds even more lag-reducing support and intuitive user interface. It allows you to lower lag with no Xpert knowledge - by up to 1.45X! If you're a tweaked; use Advanced Mode for hardcore controls
Intel Gigabit Ethernet - top gaming choice that goes faster with your CPU
Faster; smoother gaming - always. Intel Gigabit Ethernet has the serious double advantage of communicating directly with CPUs and offering high TCP and UDP throughput. This significantly reduces the processor's workload; so there's more power for your game and your gameplay.
Up to 2X-faster UDP game-data performance
ASUS engineers used Iscariot; an independent network-assessment test tool; to determine just how much quicker Intel Gigabit Ethernet deals with the smaller (sub-256 byte) UDP data packets that are vital for responsive gaming. The results are in - and with X99 your game-data packets flow up to two times (2X) faster than competing gaming-LAN technologies!
With support for both NVIDIA SLI and AMD Crossfire 2/3-WAY configurations; the X99 motherboard enables multi-GPU setups so you can harness the full power of the latest graphics technologies to drive games at 4K and beyond.
- Exclusive ASUS O.C Socket - Drive CPU and DDR4 performance beyond all expectations!
- Streamline Airflow Design-CPU and memory slots in a parallel arrangement providing optimized cooling
- Complete remote server management-Both ASMB8-iKVM and ASWM Enterprise offer overall remote management saving time and effort
- Supreme Power Solution - Premium components deliver industry-leading power efficiency
- Superb storage flexibility- onboard M.2; SATA Express and support for ASUS PIKE II cards
- Upgrade flexibility to ultimate-speed 10Gbit/s with ASUS USB 3.1 Card
- Build in Intel Socket 2011-v3 Core i7 Processors
- Supports Intel 22 nm CPU
- Supports Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0
- Intel Socket 2011-v3 for Intel Xeon processor E5-1600 v3 product family
- Intel Socket 2011-v3 for Intel Xeon processor E5-2600 v3 product family
- 8 x DIMM; Max. 128GB; DDR4 3200(O.C.)/3000(O.C.)/2800(O.C.)/2666(O.C.)/2400(O.C.)/2133 MHz Non-ECC; Un-buffered Memory
- 8 x DIMM; Max. 128GB; DDR4 2133/1866 MHz ECC; Un-buffered Memory
- 8 x DIMM; Max. 128GB; DDR4 2133/1866 MHz ECC; Register Memory
- Quad Channel Memory Architecture
- Supports Intel Extreme Memory Profile (XMP)
- Supports NVIDIA 3-Way SLI Technology
- Supports AMD Quad-GPU Crossfire Technology
- 40-Lane CPU: 5 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16 (single at x16; dual at x16/x16; triple at x16/x16/x8; quintuple at x8/x8/x8/x8/x8 mode)
- 28-Lane CPU: 5 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16 (single at x16; dual at x16/x8; quad at x8/x8/x8/x4 mode)
- Intel X99 chipset: 8 x SATA 6Gb/s port(s); 1 x SATA Express port; gray; ; compatible with 2 x SATA 6.0 Gb/s ports; 1 x M.2 Socket 3; gray; Support Raid 0; 1; 5; 10; Supports Intel Smart Connect Technology
- Intel I210-AT; 2 x Gigabit LAN Controller(s)
- 1 x Management LAN
- Realtek ALC1150 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC featuring Crystal Sound 2: Supports: Jack-detection; Multi-streaming; Front Panel Jack-retasking; Front Panel MIC Jack-retasking; High quality 109 dB SNR stereo playback output (Line-out at rear) and 104 dB SNR stereo playback input (Line-in); High-fidelity audio OP AMP(s)
- Audio Feature: DTS Ultra PC II; DTS Connect; Optical S/PDIF out port(s) at back panel; BD Audio Layer Content Protection; Audio Shielding: Ensures precision analog/digital separation and greatly reduced multi-lateral interference; Dedicated audio PCB layers: Separate layers for left and right channels to guard the quality of the sensitive audio signals; Audio amplifier: Provides the highest-quality sound for headphone and speakers
- Premium Japanese-made 12K hours capacitors; Absolute Pitch 192khz/24bit true BD lossless sound
- Separate layer for left and right track; ensuring both sound deliver equal quality
- Intel X99 chipset: 6 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 port(s) (2 at back panel; 4 at mid-board)
- Intel X99 chipset: 6 x USB 2.0/1.1 port(s) (2 at back panel; 4 at mid-board)
- AS Media USB 3.0 controller: 2 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 port(s) (2 at back panel; +blue)
- 5 x PCIe x 16 slot(s)
- ASUS Dr. Power
- 12K hours Capacitors
- ProCool Power Connector
- Q-Code Logger
ASUS Digital Power Design
- Industry leading Digital 8 Phase Power Design
- Industry leading Digital 4 Phase DRAM Power Design
- CPU Power Utility
- DRAM Power Utility
ASUS Exclusive Features
- USB BIOS Flashback
- Ai Charger+
- USB Charger+
- M.2 & SATA Express
- Disk Unlocked
- Turbo LAN
- Crystal Sound 2
- EZ XMP ASUS Exclusive Features
ASUS EZ DIY
- ASUS O.C. Tuner
- ASUS Crash Free BIOS 3
- ASUS EZ Flash 2
- Push Notice
- ASUS Q-Shield
- ASUS Q-Code
- ASUS Q-LED (CPU; DRAM; VGA; Boot Device LED)
- ASUS Q-Slot
- ASUS Q-DIMM
Operating System Support
- Windows 8.1 86x64
- Windows 8 86x64
- Windows 7 86x64
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- Windows Server 2012 R2
Back I/O Ports
- 2 x LAN (RJ45) port(s)
- 4 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 (blue)
- 2 x USB 2.0 (one port can be switched to USB BIOS Flashback)
- 1 x Optical S/PDIF out
- 8 x Audio jack(s)
- 1 x USB BIOS Flashback Button(s)
- 1 x Q-Code Logger button
- 1 x 8-channel Audio I/O
- 1 x Management LAN
Internal I/O Ports
- 1 x AAFP connector
- 2 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 connector(s) support(s) additional 4 USB 3.1 Gen 1 port(s) (19-pin)
- 2 x USB 2.0 connector(s) support(s) additional 4 USB 2.0 port(s)
- 1 x SATA Express connector: gray; compatible with 2 x SATA 6.0 Gb/s ports
- 1 x M.2 Socket 3 for M Key; type 2260/2280 devices
- 1 x TPM connector(s)
- 1 x TPM header
- 8 x SATA 6Gb/s connector(s)
- 1 x CPU Fan connector(s) (1 x 4 -pin)
- 1 x CPU OPT Fan connector(s) (1 x 4 -pin)
- 4 x Chassis Fan connector(s) (4 x -pin)
- 1 x S/PDIF out header(s)
- 2 x 8-pin EATX 12 V Power connector
- 1 x 6-pin EATX 12 V_1 Power connector(s)
- 1 x 24-pin EATX Power connector(s)
- 1 x EZ XMP switch
- 1 x AUX panel header(s)
- 1 x SMBus header(s)
- 1 x System panel(s)
- 1 x DRCT header(s)
- 1 x MemOK! button(s)
- 1 x TPU switch(es)
- 1 x EPU switch(es)
- 1 x Power-on button(s)
- 1 x Reset button(s)
- 1 x Clear CMOS button(s)
- 1 x Dr.Power switch(es)
- 1 x 3-pin CHASSIS(Chassis intrusion) connector
- User's manual
- ASUS Q-Shield
- 1 x COM port cable(s)
- 10 x SATA 6Gb/s cable(s)
- 1 x Supporting DVD
- 1 x 3-Way SLI bridge(s)
- 1 x SLI bridge(s)
- 1 x 2-port USB 2.0 module(s)
- 1 x ASWM Enterprise SDVD
- 1 x ASMB8 Support DVD
- 128 Mb Flash ROM; UEFI AMI BIOS; PnP; DMI2.7; WfM2.0; SM BIOS 2.7; ACPI 5.0; Multi-language BIOS;
- ASUS EZ Flash 2; Crash Free BIOS 3; F11 EZ Tuning Wizard ; F3 My Favorites; Quick Note; Last Modified log;
- F12 Print Screen; F3 Shortcut functions and ASUS DRAM SPD (Serial Presence Detect) memory information.
- WfM 2.0; DMI 2.7; WOL by PME; PXE
- Drivers; ASUS Utilities; EZ Update; Anti-virus software (OEM version)
- ATX Form Factor: 12 inch x 10 inch ( 30.5 cm x 25.4 cm )
- Operation temperature: 10? ~ 35?
- Non operation temperature: -40? ~ 70?
- Non operation humidity: 20% ~ 90% ( Non condensing)