One Click Overclock And Cooling; Done!
Get performance; efficiency; digital power; fan control and even networking and audio tuning tailored for you
5-Way Optimization at your disposal it takes just one click to tune complex settings - for instant; highly-controllable performance boosts! Our exclusive technology dynamically optimizes essential aspects of your system based on real-time use; so you get superb CPU performance; everyday energy savings; ultra-stable digital power; cool and quiet fans and even networking and audio settings that are tailored for the apps that you are using. In short; 5-Way Optimization ensures that your PC is perfect for gaming; entertainment; productivity or just about anything else!
- Games run swiftly and smoothly with high performance; prioritized bandwidth and vivid sound.
- Fans stay whisper-quiet for everyday computing and ensure extreme cooling efficiency when gaming.
- Stutter is eliminated for smooth-running apps; even under heavy loading.
- Energy waste is reduced so you'll save money.
Unleash your PC's full performance with a simple two-phase onboard switch or the ASUS AI Suite 3 utility! The TurboV Processing Unit (TPU) offers precise voltage control and advanced monitoring for the CPU and the graphics card; enabling great freedom to adjust CPU frequencies and ratios for optimized performance and to exploit the potential out of your graphics card
With the Energy Processing Unit (EPU) you'll enjoy real-time; system-wide power savings. EPU detects and adjusts power consumption according to the PC's needs - automatically. It can also reduce CPU wattage to a set level and deliver even more savings with Away Mode. This creates an extreme energy-saving scenario by shutting down unused extra I/O controllers and reduces the graphics cards' power level while you're away; so the PC consumes only the energy it needs - and not a drop more!
Fan Xpert 3
With thermal sensors and hardware-level 4-pin/3-pin PWM/DC mode detection; Fan Xpert 3 makes sure every fan achieves the best balance of cooling performance and low noise!
- Dedicated water-pump header for best water-cooling efficiency.
- Auto-Tuning Mode: Scans and detects fan characteristics for single-click customization
- Extreme Quiet Mode: Reduces CPU fan speed to below the default minimum; for extra-quiet operation and power savings during light loads.
- RPM Fixed Mode: Lowers noise levels to near-0dB silence; allowing you to fix the fan speed
DIGI+ Power Control
Power control is one of the most essential motherboard designs. Intelligent CPU-power-draw detection with ASUS DIGI+ Power Control is an innovative; industry-leading technology that fully complies with Intel IMVP8 specifications; increasing overclocking potential; enhancing system stability and improving power efficiency with superior flexibility and accurate control.
Whether hardcore gamer or business professional; you'll feel the benefit of the ASUS-exclusive Turbo App every day. Its intuitive tuning panel boosts a range of hardware; overclocking your CPU; tuning your fans; prioritizing network data and optimizing audio settings - all with automated ease!
OC Design- ASUS PRO Clock technology
A dedicated base-clock (BCLK) generator designed for 6th-generation Intel processors that allows overclocked base clock frequencies up to or beyond 400MHz. This custom solution works in tandem with the ASUS TurboV Processing Unit (TPU); to enhance voltage and base-clock overclocking control - providing an exciting new way to boost performance to extreme heights.
Advantages of ASUS Pro Clock: Reduced boot up time; Lower jitter under extreme conditions for higher overclocks; Increased stability under heavy overclocking
DDR4 overclocking strength in numbers
Second-generation ASUS T-Topology enables DDR4 memory overclocking to reach new heights: over DDR4-3466MHz with all memory slots populated. Featuring a customized trace layout for reduced crosstalk and coupling noise; our second-generation T-Topology ensures time-aligned signal transfer for improved memory stability and compatibility.
Fast storage speed with SATA Express
Current SSDs devour up to 550MB/s bandwidth; which is close to saturation point for SATA 6Gbit/s connections. Backwardly compatible with up to two SATA drives; SATA Express is the next-generation connectivity standard - and ensures that you and your system won't get left behind.
Speed up with onboard M.2 up to 32Gbit/s
With x4 PCI Express 3.0/2.0 bandwidth; M.2 supports up to 32Gbit/s data-transfer speeds. It is the perfect choice for an operating system or application drive; making your whole PC or professional apps work as fast as possible.
Ultimate-speed 10Gbit/s with USB 3.1 onboard
With one USB 3.1 reversible USB 3.1 Type-C for the very fastest USB connections; you'll experience data-transfer speeds of up to 10Gbit/s - or twice as fast USB 3.0. USB 3.1 is completely backward-compatible with your existing USB devices and you'll be all set for USB 3.1's breakneck speeds. And ASUS-exclusive USB 3.1 Boost technology automatically accelerates USB 3.1 performance even further!
Media-acclaimed UEFI BIOS
The smoothest; slickest mouse-controlled graphical BIOS has been improved to make it even more appealing. Whether you're a PC novice or a seasoned over clocker; the EZ and Advanced Modes help you find your way; quickly and easily.
- EZ Flash 3: Update the latest BIOS via the internet and from within the BIOS.
- S.M.A.R.T: Check up your storages devices' Self-Monitoring; Analysis and Reporting Technology (S.M.A.R.T) logs to gauge reliability and even determine if they're about to fail.
- EZ Tuning Wizard - OC and RAID: Select your hardware and apply different scenarios to tune system performance; or streamline your RAID configuration for faster data retrieval and backups!
- My Favorites: Quickly find tuning options and add preferred tools to the list.
Intuitive Graphical Fan Control: Fine-tune individual fans simply by dragging a curve with the mouse.
EZ XMP: Improve your DRAM performance with a click.
SATA Information: View SATA port details for easy device recognition.
Fast Clock Adjustment: Use mouse controls to change the time and date.
GPU POST: Automatically detect selected ASUS graphics cards to view detailed information.
Secure Erase: Restore your SSDs to factory-fresh condition.
Last Modified Log: Track last change and save preferred profiles onto a USB drive.
SATA Port Renaming: Rename SATA ports for easy identification.
More throughput; less CPU usage and great gaming experiences. Z170-E features the very latest Intel Ethernet for faster; smoother gaming - always. Intel's LAN has the serious double advantage of reducing CPU overhead and offering exceptionally high TCP and UDP throughput. This significantly reduces the processor's workload; so there's more power for your game and your gameplay!
Network-optimization software for customizable packet prioritization. Turbo LAN with cFosSpeed traffic-shaping technology adds even more lag-reducing support and intuitive user interface. It allows you to lower lag with no Xpert knowledge - by up to 1.45X! If you're a tweaked; use Advanced Mode for hardcore controls.
Pumped-up throughput. 2.5X higher surge tolerance. ASUS LANGuard is hardware-level networking protection that employs signal-coupling technology and premium anti-EMI surface-mounted capacitors ensuring a more reliable connection and better throughput; plus electrostatically-guarded and surge-protected components for greater tolerance to static electricity and improved protection against surges.
Your digital PC hub for sharing and home theater
Media Streamer Enjoy your PC's multimedia content - anywhere! Pipe music from your PC or cloud storage; including ASUS Web Storage; Dropbox; Google Drive and OneDrive while sipping coffee in a cafe; or sit back with friends and stream a favorite movie to a smart TV. With ASUS Media Streamer; your entertainment goes wherever you go
Watch your smart device content on the big screen
HyStream With HyStream you'll enjoy the ease and freedom of streaming HD content from your supported Apple iOS smartphone or tablet straight to your bigger screen!
All-in-one control between your PC and smart device
Mobo Connect Work with your PC and smart device at the same time through a single keyboard-and-mouse set. A simple hot key lets you switch between your PC and smart device quickly. It even charges your mobile device at the same time.
Industry-leading 5X Protection II employs the finest components; excellent circuit design and exacting standards to guarantee quality and long-term durability of your motherboard with all-round protection. For you; that means exceptional protection and stability for your build - the result of decades of engineering experience from the world's leading motherboard brand.
You will love DIY!
We understand how you use your PC. From assembly; system setting and monitoring and to firmware and hardware updates - we're all about making your life easier. That's why we never stop developing new and exciting DIY opportunities to make PC DIY easy; fun and free from hassle!
Work faster; start quicker and smoother Your computer is running slow? PC Cleaner cleans up unused and unwanted files and programs that take up spaces in your storage drives; eliminating the clog It also accelerates PC start-up with a click!
Easy memory removal - Even if you work with a smaller case; just push down on the one-sided clip and push or pull RAM modules in or out - couldn't be simpler!
Easy PC diagnostics - Q-LED indicates problems with the CPU; memory; graphics card or boot device; so you can quickly diagnose and remedy any issues - and wave goodbye to endless frustrations!
- 5-Way Optimization: One click to optimize your entire system; plus a dedicated onboard water-pump header
- ASUS Pro Clock Technology: Extends base clocks and improves stability for extreme overclocking
- Crystal Sound 2; Intel LAN and Turbo LAN: Flawless audio and low-latency networking
- USB 3.1 onboard: One reversible Type-C port
- 5X Protection II: Advanced hardware safeguards
- Intel Socket 1151 for 6th Generation Core i7/Core i5/Core i3/Pentium/Celeron Processors
- Supports Intel 14 nm CPU
- Supports Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0
- 4 x DIMM; Max. 64GB; DDR4 3466(O.C.)/3400(O.C.)/3333(O.C.)/3200(O.C.)/3000(O.C.)/2800(O.C.)/2666(O.C.)/2400(O.C.)/2133 MHz Non-ECC; Un-buffered Memory
- Dual Channel Memory Architecture
- Integrated Graphics Processor- Intel HD Graphics support
- Multi-VGA output support: HDMI/DVI-D ports: Supports HDMI with max. resolution 4096 x 2160 24 Hz / 2560 x 1600 60 Hz; Supports DVI-D with max. resolution 1920 x 1200 60 Hz
- Maximum shared memory of 512 MB
- Supports Intel InTru 3D; Quick Sync Video; Clear Video HD Technology; Insider
- Supports up to 2 displays simultaneously
- Supports NVIDIA 2-Way SLI Technology
- Supports AMD 2-Way Crossfire Technology
- 2 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16 (x16 or dual x8)
- 1 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16 (x2 mode)
- 3 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x1
- Intel Z170 chipset: 1 x SATA Express port; Compatible with 2 x SATA 6.0 Gb/s ports; 1 x M.2 x4 Socket 3; with M Key; type 2242/2260/2280/22110 storage devices; support (both SATA & PCIE mode); 6 x SATA 6Gb/s port(s); gray; Support Raid 0; 1; 5; 10; Supports Intel Smart Response Technology
- Intel I219V; 1 x Gigabit LAN Controller(s); Dual interconnect between the Integrated Media Access Controller (MAC) and Physical Layer (PHY)
- Gigabit Intel LAN Connection- 802.3az Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE) appliance
- ASUS Turbo LAN Utility
- ASUS LAN Guard
- Realtek ALC887 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC featuring Crystal Sound 2: Supports: Jack-detection; Multi-streaming; Front Panel MIC Jack-retasking
- Audio Feature: LED-lit Audio Shielding: Ensures precision analog/digital separation and greatly reduced multi-lateral interference; with a gorgeous illuminated trace path; Dedicated audio PCB layers: Separate layers for left and right channels to guard the quality of the sensitive audio signals; Premium Japanese-made audio capacitors: Provide warm; natural and immersive sound with exceptional clarity and fidelity; Unique de-pop circuit: Reduces start-up popping noise to audio outputs; Top notch audio sensation delivers according to the audio configuration; Absolute Pitch 192khz/24bit true BD lossless sound
- Separate layer for left and right track; ensuring both sound deliver equal quality
- Intel Z170 chipset: 6 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 port(s) (2 at back panel; blue; 4 at mid-board)
- Intel Z170 chipset: 6 x USB 2.0/1.1 port(s) (2 at back panel; 4 at mid-board)
- AS Media USB 3.1 Gen 2 controller: 1 x USB 3.1 Gen 2 port(s) (1 at back panel )
OC Design - ASUS PRO Clock Technology
- Full BCLK range for extreme overclocking performance
5-Way Optimization by Dual Intelligent Processors 5
- Whole system optimization with a single click! 5-Way Optimization tuning key perfectly consolidates TPU; EPU; DIGI+ Power Control; Fan Xpert 3 and Turbo App together; providing better CPU performance; efficient power saving; precise digital power control; whole system cooling and even tailor your own app usages.
ASUS 5X Protection II
- ASUS LANGuard - 2.5X higher surge tolerance
- ASUS Overvoltage Protection - World-class circuit-protecting power design
- ASUS DIGI+ VRM - 4 Phase digital power design
- ASUS DRAM Overcurrent Protection - Prevents damage from short circuits
- ASUS Stainless-Steel Back I/O - 3X corrosion-resistance for greater durability
ASUS Digital Power Design
- Industry leading Digital 4 Phase Power Design
- CPU Power Utility
ASUS Exclusive Features
- AI Suite 3
- Ai Charger+
- ASUS UEFI BIOS EZ Mode featuring friendly graphics user interface
- USB 3.1 Boost
- Turbo LAN
- Crystal Sound 2
- EZ XMP ASUS Exclusive Features
- Mobo Connect
- PC Cleaner
Operating System Support
- Windows 10; 64bit
- Windows 8.1; 64bit
- Windows 7; 32bit/64bit
Back I/O Ports
- 1 x PS/2 keyboard/mouse combo port(s)
- 1 x DVI-D
- 1 x HDMI
- 1 x LAN (RJ45) port(s)
- 1 x USB 3.1 Gen 2 USB Type-C
- 2 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 (blue)
- 2 x USB 2.0
- 6 x Audio jack(s)
Internal I/O Ports
- 2 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 connector(s) support(s) additional 4 USB 3.1 Gen 1 port(s) (19-pin)
- 2 x USB 2.0 connector(s) support(s) additional 4 USB 2.0 port(s)
- 1 x SATA Express connector: Compatible with 2 x SATA 6.0 Gb/s ports
- 1 x M.2 Socket 3 with M Key design; type 2242/2260/2280/22110 storage devices support (Supports both SATA & PCIE SSD)
- 1 x COM port(s) connector(s)
- 6 x SATA 6Gb/s connector(s)
- 1 x CPU Fan connector(s) (1 x 4 -pin)
- 1 x CPU OPT Fan connector(s) (1 x 4 -pin)
- 2 x Chassis Fan connector(s) (2 x 4 -pin)
- 1 x S/PDIF out header(s)
- 1 x Thunderbolt header(s)
- 1 x 24-pin EATX Power connector(s)
- 1 x 8-pin ATX 12V Power connector(s)
- 1 x Front panel audio connector(s) (AAFP)
- 1 x System panel(s)
- 1 x 5-pin EXT_FAN(Extension Fan) connector
- 1 x DRCT header(s)
- 1 x MemOK! button(s)
- 1 x Clear CMOS jumper(s)
- 1 x Water Pump header (4-pin)
- 1 x 14-1 pin TPM connector
- User's manual
- I/O Shield
- 1 x M.2 Screw Package
- 1 x CPU installation tool
- 1 x Supporting DVD
- 1 x SLI bridge(s)
- 128 Mb Flash ROM; UEFI AMI BIOS; PnP; DMI3.0; WfM2.0; SM BIOS 3.0; ACPI 5.0; Multi-language BIOS; ASUS EZ Flash 3; Crash Free BIOS 3; F11 EZ Tuning Wizard; F6 Qfan Control; F3 My Favorites; Quick Note; Last Modified log; F12 Print Screen and ASUS DRAM SPD (Serial Presence Detect) memory information
- WfM 2.0; DMI 3.0; WOL by PME; PXE
- ASUS Utilities
- EZ Update
- Anti-virus software (OEM version)
- ATX Form Factor (Brown): 12.0 in x 9.2 in ( 30.5 cm x 23.4 cm )