The Avocent Merge point Unity Switch Is The Fourth-Generation Kvm Over Ip Switch From Avocent Solutions.
This switch provides IT administrators a complete remote management solution to access and control servers; networking equipment and other devices found in data centers and branch offices.
The Avocent Merge Point Unity switch enhances the in-band management typically done through the NIC of IT equipment by providing secure and remote out-of-band connections directly to the physical KVM; USB and serial ports. This unified approach enables IT administrators a faster method to diagnose; reconfigure or restore equipment to meet SLAs and minimize downtime.
Improve Remote Management And Staff Efficiency
Reduce the time required to remotely diagnose/reconfigure/repair/restore servers as well as network devices and other hardware with serial configuration and/or management consoles.
Complement in-band tools to create a more complete remote management solution to access servers and network equipment at remote locations.
Virtual media enables remote USB connections to map CD-ROM and other USB mass storage devices directly to remote servers to transfer/copy files; load updates or install new applications; etc.
Integrated serial device support allows secure SSH connections to the physical serial ports of devices attached to the MPUIQ-SRL module. The Cisco configuration settings electronically pin out the module to enable a fast and direct connection to Cisco configuration ports; without the need for any additional external wiring adapters or special wiring.
Improve Physical Security
Remote smart card/CAC reader support is provided for advanced security requirements. Using the virtual media capabilities of the Avocent Merge Point Unity switch; a smart card reader can be mapped from a desktop PC out to a remote server.
Reduce the need to physically enter the data centers for local access and control. The Avocent Merge Point Unity switch provides remote users the capabilities of a direct physical connection from anywhere to KVM; USB and serial ports of servers and other IT equipment.
- Remote access to KVM; USB and serial connections
- Serial adaptors support SSH connections
- Serial adaptors support the Cisco pinout to make connections to Cisco equipment quick and easy
- Virtual media enables remote USB connections and support for smartcard/CAC readers
- y Built-in Web interface for standalone applications or can be managed with the Avocent DSView4 management software
- Local and remote browser interface for easy setup and use
- FIPS 140-2 compliance: Based on the FIPS 140-2 validated cryptographic module(s) (Certificate #1051)
- Size: 1.72 in. (4.37 cm) H.17 in. (43.18 cm) W; 16- or 32-port models: 13.38 in. (34 cm) D; 4- or 8-port models: 9.2 in. (23.4 cm) D
- Weight: 4- and 8-port single power: 6.3 lbs. (2.86 Kg); 8-port dual power: 6.8 lbs. (3.08 Kg); 16- and 32-port single power: 8.1 lb. (3.67 Kg); 16- and 32-port dual power: 8.6 lbs. (3.9 kg)
- Network: Number: 2; Type: 10/100/1000 Ethernet
- Power Control Ports: Number: 2; Type: RS232 serial; Connector: 8-pin modular
- Device Ports: Number: 4; 8; 16 or 32; Connector: 8-pin modular
- Local Console: Number: 1; Connector: USB and VGA
- Supported Target Video: VGA; DVI-I; Display Port and HDMI
- Number: Single or dual power supplies
- Type: Internal
- AC input range: 100-240V
- Maximum local video resolution 1920x1080; maximum remote resolution 1440x900
- Approved Agency: UL; FCC; cUL; ICES-003; CE; VCCI; KCC; C-Tick; GOST.