AXIS C2005 Network Ceiling Speaker makes audio smart and easy and opens up a wealth of new possibilities. The speakers are perfect for background music and for live and scheduled announcements in retail stores.
Audio made easy
AXIS C2005 is a complete high-quality audio system in a single unit. There's no need for an amplifier; mixer; digital signal processor; streaming functionality; microphone or power supply because they're all built-in. And because it's preconfigured; you don't have to be a sound Xpert to set it up. In other words; AXIS C2005 simply works - and sounds great - right out of the box. Plus; a built-in auto speaker-test function means you can be confident it will keep on working. AXIS C2005 connects to your existing IP network and it's powered over a single Power over Ethernet cable.
Audio made smart
Since AXIS C2005 is a network solution; it can be combined into a flexible and scalable system where it is easy to add or remove speakers in an instant. By creating zones to address a number of speakers at the same time; it is possible to direct different background music; or live or scheduled announcements; as well as control and change the volume for each unit individually and simultaneously. This way you can send your customers the best music and most efficient messaging to the right place; at the right time.
AXIS C2005 can run onboard applications - such as music streaming. You can also create and schedule local playlists that can be stored on an SD card directly on the speaker system.
Schedule your announcements to inform your customers about opening hours or share your latest campaign. Announcements can be triggered by events captured by a surveillance camera; such as someone passing an exit the wrong way. With AXIS C2005 you can also easily make live voice announcements; such as help needed at cash out.
Audio made open
Our AXIS Audio Player application is pre-installed on AXIS C2005. It has support for streaming sources and everything you need to schedule playlists with music and announcements. And like all Axis products AXIS C2005 is based on Axis open platforms (VAPIX and AXIS Camera Application Platform; ACAP). That means you'll have access to the new applications being developed by our partners all the time.
The slim design of AXIS C2005 means it blends in nicely with its surroundings and a spring-based installation method means it can be easily flush mounted.
Watch the AXIS C2005 Network Ceiling Speaker installation tutorial
This tutorial shows you how to install AXIS C2005 Network Ceiling Speaker in a stand-alone audio system.
- All-in-one speaker system
- Quick installation with just one network cable (PoE)
- Easy music streaming
- Scheduled and customized playlists
- Scheduled or live voice announcements
- Future-proof with openness and integration
- Audio streaming: One-way/two-way a; mono
- Audio compression: G.711 PCM 8 kHz; G.726 ADPCM 8 kHz; Axis µ-law 16 kHz; WAV; MP3 in mono/stereo from 64 kbps to 320 kbps. Constant and variable bit rate. Sampling rate from 8 kHz up to 48 kHz.
- Audio input/output: Built-in microphone (can be disabled)
- Built-in microphone specification: 50 Hz - 16 kHz
- Speaker component: 20 cm (8 in) coaxial cone type
- Max sound pressure level: 95 dB
- Frequency response: 45 Hz - 20 kHz
- Coverage pattern: 130 degree coaxial
- Amplifier description: Built-in 6 W Class D amplifier
- Security: Password protection; IP address filtering; HTTPSb encryption; IEEE 802.1Xb network access control; Digest authentication; User access log; Centralized Certificate Management
- Supported protocols: IPv4/v6c; HTTP; HTTPSb; SSL/TLSb; QoS Layer 3 DiffServ; FTP; SFTP; CIFS/SMB; SMTP; Bonjour; UPnP; SNMP v1/v2c/v3 (MIB-II); DNS; DynDNS; NTP; RTSP; RTP; TCP; UDP; IGMP; RTCP; ICMP; DHCP; ARP; SOCKS; SSH; NTCIP; SIP (Cisco; Asterisk)
- Music streaming: Music playback through AXIS Audio Player. Offline streaming from SD card and online streaming support
- Voice announcement: Pre-recorded voice announcements through AXIS Audio Player. Voice announcement through built-in SIP support for connection to any IP telephone /VoIP system and VAPIX support.
- Application Programming Interface: Open API for software integration; including VAPIX; AXIS Video Hosting System (AVHS) with One-click Connection; AXIS Camera Application Platform (ACAP).
- VoIP: Support for Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) for integration with Voice over IP (VoIP) systems. Peer to peer or integrated with SIP/PBX. Tested with: SIP client such as Cisco; Bria and Grand stream and PBX suppliers such as Cisco and Asterisk. Supported SIP features: secondary SIP server; IPv6; SRTP; SIPS; SIP TLS; DTMF (RFC2976 and RFC2833); NAT (ICE; STUN; TURN) Supported codecs: PCMU; PCMA; opus; L16/16000; L16/8000; speex/8000; speex/16000; G.726-32
- Audio synchronization: Built-in audio synchronization for up to 50 speakers with unicast and hundreds of speakers with multicast. No additional speaker management software or hardware required.
- Intelligent audio: Auto Speaker Test (verification via built-in microphone)
- Event triggers: Virtual inputs; AXIS Camera Application Platform (ACAP) Call: DTMF; State changes
- Event actions: Play audio clip; send SNMP trap; send Auto Speaker Test; status LED File upload via HTTP; network share and email; Notification via email; HTTP; HTTPS and TCP
- Built-in installation aids: Test tone verification and identification
- Casing: UL2043 Plenum rated Baffle: Steel plate Grille: Surface-treated steel plate Color: Off-white (RAL 9010 or equivalent) For repainting instructions and impact on warranty; contact your Axis partner. Speaker mounting method: Metal spring clamp
- Memory: 256 MB RAM; 256 MB Flash
- Power: Power over Ethernet (PoE) IEEE 802.3af/802.3af Type 1 Class 3 ( max 12.95 W)
- Connectors: RJ45 10BASE-T/100BASE-TX PoE
- Storage: Support for microSD/microSDHC/microSDXC card For SD card and NAS recommendations.
- Reliability: Designed for 24/7 operation.
- Operating conditions: - 20 degreeC to 50 degreeC (4 degreeF to 122 degreeF) Humidity 10 - 85% RH (condensing)
- Storage conditions: -40 degreeC to 65 degreeC (-40 degreeF to 149 degreeF)
- Approvals: EMC EN 55022 Class A; EN 55032 Class A; EN 50121-4; IEC 62236-4; EN 61000-3-2; EN 61000-3-3; EN 55024; EN 61000-6-1; EN 61000-6-2; FCC Part 15 Subpart B Class A; ICES-003 Class A; VCCI Class A; RCM AS/NZS CISPR 32 Class A; KN24; KCC KN32 Class A; KN35 Safety IEC/EN/UL 60950-1; CNS 13438 Environment UL2045 (Plenum rating); IEC 60068-2-1; IEC 60068-2-2; IEC 60068-2-14; IEC/EN 60529
- Optional accessories: Safety wire kit For more accessories.
- Video management software: AXIS Camera Station; Video management software from Axis' Application Development Partners available.
- Languages: English; German; French; Spanish; Italian; Russian; Simplified Chinese; Japanese; Korean; Portuguese; Traditional Chinese
- Dimensions: 280 x 92 mm (11.02 x 3.62 in) Ceiling thickness for mounting: 5 - 25 mm (0.2 - 0.98 in) Dimensions for fixing hole: Ø250 mm +/- 3 mm (9.84 in +/- 0.12 in)
- Weight: 1.7 kg (3.75 lb.)
- Warranty: 3-Year