Azden SMX-30 Stereo/Mono Switchable Video Microphone
The Azden SMX-30 was engineered to be the ultimate video microphone with outstanding audio quality, appealing design, ergonomic form factor, and all of the functional features one expects in a top-of-the-line, camera-mounted microphone.
Housed inside an innovative casing, the SMX-30 is actually two microphones packaged into one. The stereo microphone is positioned at the top and consists of 2 cardioid polar pattern microphone elements spaced apart at a 120-degree angle for capturing a natural sounding stereo image. The mono microphone uses a super-cardioid polar pattern to focus on sound in front of the camera and is equipped with the same high-quality element as Azden's SGM-250 shotgun microphone to record broadcast quality sound.
Maximize battery life by using the unique 'Auto' power setting. When set to Auto, the SMX-30 can detect when a camera is on and will automatically power on and off with the camera (requires a mic input that provides plug-in power). Ever leave your microphone on by accident to discover that the batteries are dead the next time you try to use it? Eliminate that possibility by always leaving the SMX-30 in 'Auto' mode.
Stereo or Mono? Why Choose?
If you only have the budget to buy one microphone for your camera, why should you have to choose between mono or stereo? The SMX-30 is stereo/mono switchable, so you don't have to.
The SMX-30 has a wide frequency response ranging from 40Hz to 20kHz, so the audio you capture will sound full and natural. Additionally, a low-cut filter switch is included for reducing the level of low frequencies below 120Hz, which is especially useful for mitigating noise caused by air conditioners, wind and traffic.
Integrated Shock Absorbing Shoe Mount
Integrated into the design of the SMX-30 is a custom made, shock absorbing shoe mount to isolate the microphone from camera motor and handling noise. The mount is designed to fit the standard camera shoe and comes with a 1/4"-20 thread at the bottom for mounting to boom poles and other camera accessories.
- Stereo and mono recording modes
- Level adjustment: -10dB, 0dB, +20dB
- +20dB gain booster alleviates noise produced by low-quality camera preamps
- -10dB pad for loud sound environments
- Low-cut filter selectable at 120Hz, 3dB/octave
- Operates on (2) AA batteries
- Low noise, high sensitivity, wide frequency response
- 10 year warranty with registration
- Custom, detachable foam windscreen
- Integrated shock-absorbing shoe-mount with 1/4"-20 thread
- Battery indicator LED light
- 3.5mm stereo mini-jack output
- Polar Pattern - Mono: Super-Cardioid
- Stereo - Cardioid (120 degrees)
- Freq Resp - 40Hz - 20kHz
- Sensitivity - -36dB @ 1kHz
- Dyn Range - 118dB
- S/N Ratio - 82dB, 1kHz @ 1Pa
- Max Input Level - 130dB SPL (1kHz@ 1% T.H.D.)
- Max Output Level - +6.2dBu
- Output Imp - 50 ohms
- Power Req - AA batteries x2
- Output Conn - 3.5mm Stereo mini plug
- Power Switch - Off, Battery, Auto
- Gain Control - -10dB, 0dB, +20dB
- LCF - 120Hz, 3dB/octave
- Dims - 47mm x 107mm x 145mm
- Weight - 145g