32 Ohm Version - Designed for Mobile High-Performance Listening
The DT 990 Headphones with 32 Ohms perform well with mobile devices such as MP3 players, tablet PCs and laptops.
This is the 32 ohm version of the DT 990 Premium line, designed explicitly to provide quality audio from low-powered sources such as portable music players and laptops. Its open design and highly-efficient drivers allow for increased volume and a wider, clearer soundstage even while listening to low-output audio players. A lower-impedance headphone such as the 32-ohm DT 990 is ideal for use when you're on the move but don't want to sacrifice having an immersive audio experience.
A gold plated 3.5 mm stereo jack with 1/4" inch adapter is included and is therefore suitable for use with almost all headphone amplifiers.
Open, On-Ear Design with Velour Earpads
The DT 990 features an open-back circumaural (over-the-ear) design for rich audio performance that's designed for critical listening. The open design of the headphones allows increased fidelity to the original recording and a more natural sound stage. The driver design of the DT 990 gives your music full reign, with natural response and crisp linearity. You'll hear every note, every beat, and every detail just as the artist originally intended.
Dynamic Transducer for Increased Fidelity and Performance
Without exception, beyerdynamic manufactures the dynamic transducer systems that go into their headphones in-house. From the magnet and diaphragm to the careful wiring and circuitry, beyerdynamic controls quality at all levels of manufacturing, ensuring superior engineering in their headphones down to the smallest detail.
An extremely strong neodymium magnet system offers the DT 990 highly detailed sound reproduction quality, and is mechanically very robust. This increased efficiency also leaves the DT 990 with greater power reserves for precise linear response that is especially suited for high-performance audio applications where precise audio reproduction is the most important consideration, and dedicated equipment is available such as a headphone amplifier. The optimized 32 Ohm voice coil provides transparency and increased volume with portable devices.
- The famous DT 990 Premium, 32 ohm version; Stereo Headphone for MP3, iPhone, iPod and home audio applications, analytical, true sound reproduction
- Made in Germany, innovative "Bass reflex" system for excellent audio performance
- Open design, includes carry case, 11 oz light weight
- Gold vaporized stereo 3.5 mm mini-jack & 6.35 mm adapter
- Analytical and high-resolution audio reproduction
- Transmission Type: Wired
- Impedance: 32 ohms
- Frequency Response: 5 Hz - 35,000 Hz
- Sound Pressure Level: 96 dB
- Construction: Circumaural (over-the-ear)
- Cable & Plug: Straight connecting cable with mini-jack plug (3.5 mm) & 1/4" adapter (6.35 mm)
- Net Weight: 290 g