The DT 990 Edition over-ear headphones have been winning the hearts of countless Hi-Fi and music enthusiasts since the 1980s
The DT 990 Edition has been an integral part of beyerdynamic's portfolio for more than 20 years – not that this has detracted at all from its popularity: music lovers galore continue to value the stereo headphones as a reliable companion. Boasting vibrant and natural sound, these headphones know how to impress and are also ideally suited for many music styles. Because all components and replacement parts are always available, you are guaranteed a product that is exceptionally durable.
The DT 990 Edition comes in an open back design. This means that background noise outside the headphones remains clearly discernible even at higher volumes. This design lends the music a feeling of a wide soundstage, an appreciation of space that gives almost the same sense of enjoyment as listening to music with loudspeakers. The sound is spectacular. Distinctive highs and intense bass combine to produce a perfect richness of sound that delights rock and pop enthusiasts in particular.
This is the 250 Ohms version which is suitable for the use with hi-fi systems (as longs as they have a sufficiently dimensioned headphones output) or with purpose-built headphone amplifiers. For the use with portable devices we recommend the 32 Ohms version.
- Semi-open back design
- Neutral, balanced sound
- Robust spring steel headband
- Single-sided cable
- Soft headband pad
- Gold-plated 1/8" mini stereo jack plug (3.5 mm) and 1/4" adapter (6.35 mm)
- Transmission type - Wired
- Headphone design (operating principle) - Semi-open
- Headphone impedance - 250 ohms
- Headphone frequency response - 5 - 35.000 Hz
- Nominal sound pressure level - 96 dB
- Construction - Circumaural (around the ear)
- Cable & plug - Stereo jack plug 3.5 mm (1/8") & 1/4" adapter (6.35 mm)
- Net weight without packaging - 290 g