In today's dynamic business environment; employees are becoming more mobile and collaborative than ever. To stay productive; they need dependable; business-class access to network applications throughout the office. The Cisco WAP131 Wireless-N Dual Radio Access Point provides a simple; cost-effective way to extend secure; high-performance mobile networking to your employees and guests; so they can stay connected anywhere in the office. This flexible solution lets you connect dozens of employees; and can scale to accommodate additional users and changing business needs.
The Cisco WAP131 Wireless-N Dual Radio Access Point uses concurrent dual-band radios for improved coverage and user capacity. The Gigabit Ethernet port allows the AP to be powered by PoE switch to help reduce cabling and wiring costs. Intelligent quality-of-service (QoS) features let you prioritize bandwidth-sensitive traffic for voice-over-IP (VoIP) and video applications.
The Cisco WAP131 Wireless-N Dual Radio Access Point is easy to set up and use; with intuitive wizard-based configuration to get you up and running in minutes. An attractive desktop design with an integrated stand allows you to place the AP on your desk vertically or horizontally.
To enhance reliability and safeguard sensitive business information; the Cisco WAP131 Wireless-N Dual Radio Access Point supports both Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA) Personal and Enterprise; encoding all your wireless transmissions with powerful encryption. In addition; 802.1 X RADIUS authentications help keep unauthorized users out.
- Provides cost-effective 802.11n connectivity for 2.4-GHz and 5-GHz clients
- Single Power over Ethernet (PoE) Gigabit Ethernet for connecting to PoE switch
- PD port allows access point to be powered by backbone switch
- Works right out of the box with easy installation and simple web-based configuration and wizard
- Concurrent dual-band radio support for up to 300 Mbps per radio to maximize capacity and coverage.
- Single Gigabit Ethernet LAN interface enables a high-speed uplink to the wired network.
- Robust security; including WPA2; 802.1X with RADIUS secure authentication; and rogue-access-point detection; helps protect sensitive business information.
- Simple installation and intuitive web-based configuration and wizard enable fast; simple deployment and setup in minutes.
- Desktop design with integrated stand; for easy access and placement.
- Intelligent QoS prioritizes network traffic to help keep critical network applications running at top performance.
- Power-saving sleep mode and port control features help maximize energy efficiency.
- Workgroup Bridge mode lets you expand your network by wirelessly connecting to a second Ethernet network.
- Support for IPv6 lets you deploy future networking applications and operating systems without costly upgrades.
- Limited lifetime hardware warranty provides peace of mind.
- Standards: IEEE 802.11n; 802.11g; 802.11b; 802.3af; 802.3u; 802.1X (security authentication); 802.1Q (VLAN); 802.1D (Spanning Tree); 802.11i (WPA2 security); 802.11e (wireless QoS); IPv4 (RFC 791); IPv6 (RFC 2460)
- Cabling type: Category 5e or better
- Antennas: Internal antennas optimized for desktop installation with vertical orientation
- LED indicators: Power; WLAN; LAN
- Operating system: Linux
- Ports: 10/100/1000 Ethernet; with support for 802.3af/at PoE; Power Port for AC adapter
- Power Supply: External 12V 1.5A DC power jack (Energy Star 2.0 compliant with Efficiency Level 5) and 802.3af/at PoE
- Buttons: Reset button; Power (on/off); Push button
- Lock slot: Slot for Kensington lock
- LEDs: Power; Wireless; Ethernet
- Physical dimensions (W x D x H): 6.693 x 6.693 x 1.413 in. (170 x 170 x 35.9 mm)
- Weight: 0.89 lbs. (0.40kg)
- VLAN support: Yes
- Number of VLANs: 1 management VLAN plus 8 VLANs for SSIDs
- 802.1X supplicant: Yes
- SSID-to-VLAN mapping: Yes
- Auto channel selection: Yes
- Spanning tree: Yes
- Load balancing: Yes
- IPv6: Yes; IPv6 host support; IPv6 RADIUS; syslog; Network Time Protocol (NTP); etc.
- Layer 2: 802.1Q-based VLANS; 8 active VLANS plus 1 management VLAN
- WPA and WPA2: Yes; including Enterprise authentication
- Access control: Yes; management access control list (ACL) plus MAC ACL
- Secure management: HTTPS
- SSID broadcast: Yes
- Rogue-access-point detection: No
Mounting and Physical Security
- Mounting options: Desktop only
- Physical security lock: Kensington lock slot
Quality of Service
- Quality of service (QoS): Wi-Fi Multimedia and Traffic Specification (WMM TSPEC); Client QoS
- Wireless throughput: Up to 300-Mbps data rate (real-world throughput will vary)
- Recommended user support: Up to 32 connective users; 16 active users per radio
- Web user interface: Built-in web user interface for easy browser-based configuration (HTTP/HTTPS)
- Management protocols: Web browser; Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) v3; Bonjour
- Remote management: Yes
- Event logging: Local; remote syslog; email alerts
- Network diagnostics: Logging and packet capture
- Web firmware upgrade: Firmware upgradable through web browser; imported/exported configuration file
- Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP): DHCP client
- IPv6 host: Yes
- HTTP redirect: No
- Frequency: Dual concurrent radios (2.4 and 5 GHz)
- Radio and modulation type: Dual radio; orthogonal frequency division multiplexing (OFDM)
- WLAN: 802.11n; 2x2 multiple-input multiple-output (MIMO) with 2 spatial streams; 20; and 40 MHz for 802.11n; PHY data rate up to 600 Mbps
- Data rates supported: 802.11a/b/g: 54; 48; 36; 24; 18; 12; 9; 6; 11; 5.5; 2; and 1 Mbps; 802.11n: 6.5 to 300 Mbps (20-MHz bandwidth: MCS 0-15 for supported data rates; 40-MHz bandwidth: MCS 0-15 for supported data rates)
- Frequency Band and 20-MHz Operating Channels:
- A Regulatory Domain:
- 2.412 to 2.462 GHz; 11 channels
- 5.180 to 5.240 GHz; 4 channels
- 5.745 to 5.825 GHz; 5 channels
- E Regulatory Domain:
- 2.412 to 2.472 GHz; 13 channels
- 5.180 to 5.240 GHz; 4 channels
- C Regulatory Domain:
- 2.412 to 2.462 GHz; 11 channels
- 5.745 to 5.805 GHz; 4 channels
- Maximum Number of Nonoverlapping Channels
- 2.4 GHz
- 802.11b/g (20 MHz: 3)
- 802.11n (20 MHz: 3)
- 5 GHz
- 802.11a (20 MHz: 9)
- 802.11n (20 MHz: 9/40 MHz: 4)
- Wireless isolation: Wireless isolation between clients
- External antennas: None
- Internal antennas: Internal Fixed PiFA Antenna
- Antenna gain in dBi: Maximum antenna gain of 3.4 dBi on 2.4 GHz; Maximum antenna gain of 4.5 dBi on 5 GHz
- Wireless distribution system (WDS): Yes
- 802.11i: Yes
- Multiple SSIDs: 8
- Wireless VLAN map: Yes
- WLAN security: Yes
- Wi-Fi Multimedia (WMM): Yes; with unscheduled automatic power save
- Access point: Access Point mode; WDS Bridging; Workgroup Bridge mode
- Power options
- IEEE 802.3af/at Ethernet switch
- Cisco Power Injector - SB-PWR-INJ2-xx
- AC Adapter - included 12v1.5A
- PoE Peak power: 7.42W
- Safety: UL 60950-1; CAN/CSA-C22.2 No. 60950-1; IEC 60950-1; EN 60950-1
- Radio approvals: FCC Part 15.247; 15.407; RSS-210 (Canada); EN 300.328; EN 301.893 (Europe); AS/NZS 4268.2003 (Australia and New Zealand)
- EMI and susceptibility (Class B): FCC Part 15.107 and 15.109; ICES-003 (Canada); EN 301.489-1 and -17 (Europe)
- Operating temperature: 0 degree to 40 degreeC (32 degree to 104 degreeF)
- Storage temperature: -20 degree to 70 degreeC (-4 degree to 158 degreeF)
- Operating humidity: 10% to 85% noncondensing
- Storage humidity: 5% to 90% noncondensing
- System memory: 128-MB RAM; 128-MB Flash
- Access point: Limited lifetime