- 17 elements in 15 groups reduces aberrations, 3 Super ED lenses, 2 ED lenses diminish peripheral chromatic aberrations
- 180 degree angle of view
- ZERO lens coating effectively minimizes ghosting and flaring
- Silent auto focus for Movie-Still compatibility
- Minimum working distance of 2.5cm from the end of the lens
A Brighter, Sharper Fisheye
The M.Zuiko 8mm f1.8 PRO Fisheye lens features unparalelled optical performance thanks to its lavish 17-element, 15-group lens architecture. Three Super ED lenses and 2 ED lenses dramatically diminish peripheral chromatic aberration, while the front HR lens keeps the unit compact and lightweight while maintaining a large diameter f1.8 aperture.
For such a sophisticated piece of photographic equipment, the M.Zuiko 8mm f1.8 Pro Fisheye lens in surprisingly rugged. You don't have to baby it- it's dust- splash- and freezeproof and can take whatever Mother Nature throws your way. The lens's weatherproof design handles the elements and it's easy-to-carry portability gives you the freedom to seek our great images in any location.
180 Degree Diagonal Angle of View
Shoot landscapes that span the horizon and incredible underwater scenes that really put the "fish" in fisheye. The f1.8 max aperture also enables you to apply the lens's unique perspective to long exposure night scenes and achieve amazing detail.
Adapted from multilayer film dposition technology used in Olympus' industry-leading line of precision microscopes, the Zuiko Extra-Low Reflective Optical Coating practically eliminates ghosts and flares caused by in-frame light sources. This feature in invaluable when shooting into the sun or other back-lit situations.
Close Focusing Distance
Enjoy close focus distance of approximately 1 inch from the front of the lens. The combination of the M.Zuiko 8mm f1.8 PRO Fisheye's controlled distortion, its close-up shooting capability, and the gorgeous bokeh attainable with a wide-open f1.8 results in stunning shots! Maximum magnification is 0.2x (0.4x 35mm equivalent).
Unique Expression for Everyday Shots
Take any image with the M.Zuiko 8mm f1.8 PRO Fisheye and you'll see the world in a startling new way. This lens is the perfect tool for elevating everyday shots into the realm of sublime.
Serious Hand-Held Performance
Paired with the serious in-body image stabilization of the Olympus OM-D series of cameras, this extremely bright f1.8 lens allows you to capture never-before-seen hand-held night and starscape images.
- Focal Length: 8mm
- 35mm Equivalent Focal Length: 16mm
- Lens Construction: 17 Elements in 15 Groups (1 Aspherical lens, 3 Super ED lenses, 2 ED lenses, 1 Super HR lens, 2 HR lenses)
- Dust & Splash Proof: Yes
- Focusing System: High-speed Imager AF (MSC)
- Angle of View: 180 Degrees
- Closest Focusing Distance: 0.12m
- Maximum Image Magnification: 0.20x
- 35mm Equivalent Max. Image Magnification: 0.40x
- Minimum Field Size: 154 x 82 mm
- Number of Blades: 7 (Circular Aperture Diaphragm)
- Maximum Aperture: f1.8
- Minimum Aperture: f22
- Filter Size: -
- Dimensions: Diameter 62mm x 80mm
- Weight: 315gf
- Box Contents: Lens Cap(LC-62E), Lens Rear Cap(LR-2), Lens Case(LSC-0811-BLK), Local Warranty Card, Instruction Manual
This Kit Includes:
M.Zuiko Digital ED 8mm f1.8 Fisheye PRO Lens
Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 8mm f1.8 Fisheye PRO Lens
Our Price: $849.00