Olympus PEN E-PL9
- Simple, refined design with a clean, sophisticated look, metal construction, and leather texture finish.
- 16MP Live MOS Sensor
- TruePic VIII Image Processor
- 3 Inch 180deg. Flip Down Touch Screen
- In-Body 3-Axis Image Stabilization
- Intuitive Touch AF Shutter focuses and shoots with a single touch of the screen. Camera automatically switches to Selfie Mode when screen is flipped down for both stills and video.
- Built-In Flash
- New Graphical User Interface includes Intuitive Scene Modes
- 16 Art Filters with new Instant Film filter
- AP Mode: Choose from 9 different Advanced Photo Modes (Live Composite, Live Time, Multiple Exposure, HDR, Silent, Sweep Panorama, Digital Shift, AE Bracket, AF Bracket).
- High-Speed 8.6 frames/second Sequential Shooting
- 4K Video & Still Image Capture from 4K Video
- Built-In Wi-Fi & Bluetooth for remote shooting and transferring photos to smartphone wirelessly.
- "Camera How To" accessible through OI. Share app provides easy to follow instructional videos for your PEN E-PL9
- "Ships with camera body, Micro-B USB Cable, Strap, Instruction Manual, Warranty Card, BLS-50 Li-Ion Battery, BCS-5 Battery Charger,
PEN E-PL9 Quick Tip Card, PEN E-PL9 Quick Start Guide"
- Product type: Micro Four Thirds interchangeable lens system camera
- Memory: SD (SDHC, SDXC, UHS-I, Eye-Fi Card)
- Screen size: 17.3 mm x 13.0 mm
- Lens mount: Micro Four Thirds Mount
- Product type: 4/3 Live MOS Sensor
- Number of pixels / Aspect ratio: Number of effective pixels: Approx. 16.1 million pixels, Total number of pixels: Approx. 17.2 million pixels / Aspect ratio: 1.33 (4:3)
- Dust reduction: Supersonic Wave Filter (image sensor dust reduction system)
Still Photo Recording
- Recording format: DCF 2.0, Exif 2.3
- File format: RAW (12-bit lossless compression), JPEG, RAW + JPEG
- Recording image size: [RAW] 4608 x 3456 pixels
[JPEG] 4608 x 3456 pixels - 1280 x 960 pixels
Image Stabilisation System
- Type: Built-in 3-axis sensor-shift image stabilisation for video and still photos (compensates for yaw, pitch, roll)
- Stabilisation performance: 3.5 EV
Based on CIPA measurement conditions. When using M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 EZ (focal length = 42mm (35mm equivalent: 84mm))
- Preview: Live View preview
- Live view: Face detection preview (up to 8 faces)
Magnification display (x3 / x5 / x7 / x10 / x14)
- Monitor type: 3.0-inch tilting monitor: approx. 1040k dots (3:2), electrostatic capacitance touch panel
- Touch control: Available
- Tilting capability: Upward tilting angle: up to 80 degrees
Downward tilting angle: up to 180 degrees
*Mirror display when monitor is in selfie position
- Brightness / Colour temperature control: +/-7 levels / +/-7 levels
- AF system: High-speed imager AF
- Focusing point: 121-point contrast AF
- Focusing point selection mode: All target, group target (9-area), single target
- Focus mode: Single AF (S-AF), Continuous AF (C-AF)[*] / Manual Focus (MF) / S-AF + MF / AF tracking (C-AF + TR)[*]
While the four-thirds lens is attached, only S-AF (single target) or MF for video are available.
- Face priority AF / Eye priority AF: With
Eye priority AF mode : off / nearer-eye priority
- Manual focus assist: Focus ring rotation activates Live View image magnification and/or focus peaking when in S-AF+MF or MF mode
- Peaking function: Activate with Fn button or focus ring
Change peaking settings using the Info button
Colour selection: white, black, red, yellow
- AF illuminator: Yes
Exposure Control (Still)
- Metering system (TTL Image sensor metering): Digital ESP metering (324-area multi pattern metering), centre-weighted average metering, spot metering, spot metering with highlight control, spot metering with shadow control
- Metering range: EV -2 - 20 (using f/2.8 lens, ISO 100)
- Exposure mode / Shooting mode: Auto (Live Guide can be used), P: Programme AE (programme shift can be performed), A: Aperture Priority AE, S: Shutter Priority AE, M: Manual (Live Bulb, Live Time and Live Composite are available), Scene Select AE, Advanced Photo AE, Art Filter
- Scene select AE: [Advanced Photo]
Live Composite, Live Time, Multiple Exposure, HDR Backlight, Silent, Panorama, Keystone Compensation, AE Bracketing, Focus Bracketing
Portrait, e-Portrait, Landscape + Portrait, Night + Portrait, Children, Night scene, Hand-held Starlight, Fireworks, Light trails, Sport, Panning, Landscape, Sunset, Beach & Snow, Backlight HDR, Panorama, Candlelight, Silent, Macro, Nature Macro, Documents, Multi Focus Shot
1 4 images automatically shot and combined into a single image composite
2 8 images automatically shot and combined into a single image composite
- Live Guide: Saturation, Colour, Brightness, Background Blur, Expressing Motion, Shooting Tips (Multiple effects can be used simultaneously)
- ISO sensitivity: [AUTO ISO (default)]:
LOW (approx.100) - 6400 with customisable upper limit (200 - 25600)
LOW (approx.100), 200 - 25600 (adjustable in 1/3 steps)
- Exposure compensation: +/-5 EV, adjustable by 1/3 EV steps
When shooting in HDR or in video, only adjustable up to +/-3 EV steps
Live View only reflects up to +/-3 EV steps
- Shutter type: Focal-plane shutter (mechanical and electronic shutter)
- Shutter speed: 1/4000 - 60 sec., with 1/3 EV adjustment steps
Bulb/Live Time: Max. 30 min. (selectable in menu settings, with 8-min. default setting)
Live composite: Max. 3 hours
Electronic first curtain shutter (Anti-shock mode) : 1/320 - 60 sec.
Electronic shutter (Silent mode): 1/16000 - 60 sec.
- Sequential shooting maximum speed: [Sequential shooting H mode] approx. 8.6 fps
[Sequential shooting L mode] approx. 4.8 fps
[Anti-shock sequential shooting L mode] approx. 4.3 fps
[Silent sequential shooting H] approx. 14.1 fps
[Silent sequential shooting L] approx. 6.1 fps
(Actual sequential shooting speeds may vary depending on lens attached, camera settings, and external shooting conditions)
- Max. recordable pictures on sequential shooting: [RAW] 14 frames. (in seq. shooting L), 13 frames (in seq. shooting H)
[JPEG; LN] infinity frames (in seq. shooting L and in seq. shooting H)
- Self-timer: Operation time: 12 sec., 2 sec., custom (Wait time: 1-30sec., Shot interval: 0.5/1/2/3sec., Number of shots: 1-10)
- Flash intensity control method: TTL Auto, Auto[*], Manual, Super FP[*] (FP-TTL AUTO, FP-MANUAL)
Available on the external flash
- Built-in flash: TTL Flash, GN=5.4 (ISO100•m) / GN= 7.6 (ISO200•m)
- Flash mode: Redeye, Slow Sync.(1st curtain), Slow Sync.(2nd curtain), Red-eye Slow Sync.(1st curtain), Fill-in, Manual(1/1(FULL) ~1/64), Flash Off.
- Flash intensity control: Up to +/-3 EV in 0.3 EV steps
- Compatible external flash: FL-50R, FL-36R, FL-20, FL-14, FL-300R, FL-600R, FL-900R, STF-8
Wireless Flash Control
- Compatible external flash: FL-50R, FL-36R, FL-300R, FL-600R, FL-900R
- Control method: Olympus Wireless RC Flash system (light-triggered)
Commander flash: FL-900R, FL-600R, STF-8
- White balance mode: Auto WB, 6 Preset WBs, 4 Capture WBs, Custom WB (Kelvin setting)
- Mode: i-Enhance, Vivid, Natural, Muted, Portrait, Monotone, Custom, e-Portrait, colour creator, Art Filters
- Gradation: Auto, Normal, High Key, Low Key
- Art filter: Pop Art, Soft Focus, Pale & Light Colour, Light Tone, Grainy Film, Pin Hole, Diorama, Cross Process, Gentle Sepia, Dramatic Tone, Key Line, Watercolour, Vintage, Partial Colour, Bleach Bypass, Instant Film
- Colour creator: Adjustable colour hues: 0 to 29 / Adjustable saturation: -4 to +3
- Exposure bracketing: Available as AE Bracketing in Advanced Photo mode.
3 frames in 1.0 EV steps, 5 frames in 0.7 EV steps.
- Focus bracketing: Available as Multi Focus Shot in Scene mode and Focus Bracketing in Advanced Photo mode. Shoots 8 frames.
When in Advanced Photo mode, focus steps can be adjusted in increments of 5 or 10 levels.
Compatible with Micro Four Thirds lenses only.
- HDR (Auto composite): Available as Backlight HDR in Scene mode and HDR in Advanced Photo mode. ISO sensitivity is fixed at 200, and maximum shutter speed setting is 4 seconds.
HDR1 is available in both modes. HDR2 (painting-like) is available in Advanced Photo mode only. Exposure compensation can be performed in Advanced Photo mode only.
- Keystone Compensation: Yes (can be confirmed in Live View)
Horizontal and vertical compensation can be performed simultaneously by +/-20 steps.
- Shutter type / shutter speed: Electronic first curtain shutter / 1/320[*] - 60sec.
For speeds over 1/320 sec., mechanical shutter will automatically be selected.
- Shutter type / shutter speed: Electronic shutter / 1/16000 - 60 sec.
Available as "Silent" in Scene mode and Advanced photo mode.
Live Bulb / Live Time
- Update interval time: 0.5 sec. - 60 sec.
- Update interval time / composite method: 0.5 sec. - 60 sec. / Lighten Mode (Bright area prioritisation)
- Interval mode: Interval Time 1sec. - 24 Hours, Max. 999 frames.
Available on making Time-lapse movie automatically
- Number of picture: 2 frames
- Aspect ratio: 4:3 (default) / 3:2 / 16:9 / 1:1 / 3:4
One Push Tele-converter
- Recording format: MOV (MPEG-4AVC/H.264)
- Mode / frame rate / compression method: [MOV]
3840 x 2160 (4K) / 30p, 25p, 24p / IPB (approx. 102 Mbps)
1920 x 1080 (FHD) / 30p, 25p, 24p / IPB (SF, F, N)
1920 x 1080 (FHD) / 60p, 50p / IPB (SF, F, N)
1280 x 720 (HD) / 30p, 25p, 24p / IPB (SF, F, N)
60p: 59.94 fps, 50p: 50.00 fps, 30p: 29.97 fps, 25p: 25.00 fps, 24p: 23.98 fps
FHD IPB (SF: Super Fine / approx. 52 Mbps, F: Fine / approx. 30 Mbps, N: Normal / approx. 18 Mbps)
HD IPB(SF: Super Fine / approx. 26Mbps, F: Fine / approx.14Mbps?N: Normal / approx.10Mbps)
Frame rates may drop when particular Art Filters and Movie Effects are used.
Class 10 or higher SD card is recommended for shooting video.
UHS-I U3 card is recommended for 4K shooting.
- Maximum recording time: [MOV] Approx. 29min
- Art filter movie: Yes (Frame rates may drop when certain Art Filters are used)
- Movie effect: One-shot Echo / Multi-echo / Art Fade / Old Film
- One-push movie digital converter: Approx. 4x (enlarges view of touched area)
Available in Movie Effect
- Time lapse movie: [MOV]
3840 x 2160 (4K) / 5 fps
1920 x 1080 (FHD) / 5 fps, 10 fps, 15 fps
1280 x 720 (HD) / 5 fps, 10 fps, 15 fps, 30 fps
- Clips: 1, 2, 4, 8 sec. (Further continued shooting possible up to 16 seconds by pressing video record button again)
- High speed movie: 120 fps (1280 x 720, MOV)
- Image stabilisation for movie: M-IS1(Image sensor shift and electronic image stabiliser with multi motion IS),
M-IS2(Image sensor shift with multi motion IS),
While using M-IS1, field of view may be affected.
- Grid line / focus peaking: 5 types of grid lines / 4 colours for focus peaking
- Live view output via HDMI: Monitor Mode (outputs video and info display to a connected monitor)[*]
Camera display is turned off when connected by HDMI.
- Exposure control: Programme AE, aperture priority AE, shutter priority AE, manual
- AE lock: Yes
- Recording format: Wave Format (Stereo linear PCM/16-bit, Sampling frequency 48 kHz)
- Microphone / speaker: Built-in stereo microphone / built-in mono speaker
- Microphone function: Wind noise reduction, recording volume (audio quality may be affected)
Audio dubbing possible for still pictures (up to 30 sec.)
- Wireless shooting: Live View, rec view, wireless touch AF shutter, self-timer (w/ countdown guidance, sequential shooting, video recording capability), wireless release, video recording, power off
- Image share: Automatic transfer is possible via Share Order.
On Android devices, 4K videos will be resized and saved as Full HD videos.
On iPhone 5(iPhone 5C) or earlier iOS devices, 4K videos cannot be imported.
File Type: JPEG, MOV
- Easy connection: QR code setting
- Playback mode: Single-frame, information display, index display (4 / 9 / 25 / 100 frames), Clips, calendar, enlargement (2x-14x), video (with sound, FF / REW / Pause, Touch operation), picture rotation (auto), slideshow (with sound and music), alternate music options, dubbed audio playback
- Information display: Histogram (independent luminance / RGB available), Highlight / Shadow point warning, AF frame, Photographic information, OFF
- Video editing function: Trimming (beginning / end) / in-video image extraction (4K only)
- Editing function: RAW data edit, Gradation auto, Monochrome, Sepia, Red-eye fix, Saturation, Resize (1280 x 960, 640 x 480, 320 x 240), Trimming, Aspect, e-Portrait, Image Overlay, Post recording
- RAW data edit: RAW data edit based on settings of the camera (including e-Portrait, Colour Creator, Art Filter, ART-BKT). Preview capability.
- Dial customisation: Dial functionality is customisable for both dials
- Button customisation: Can select from 12 functions to assign to buttons.
Input / Output
- USB connector: USB Micro-B
- HDMI connector: Micro HDMI (Type-D)
- Flash attachment: Hot shoe
- Wireless LAN: Built-in (IEEE 802.11b/g/n)
- Bluetooth: Built-in (Bluetooth Ver.4.0)
- Battery: BLS-50 Li-ion battery (included)
- Number of recordable pictures: Approx.350 shots
- Battery life for movie recording: Approx. 80 minutes[*] (under standard JEITA testing)
Approx. 140 minutes[*] (when zoom and other operational functions are not used)
When repeatedly recording at the maximum time of 29 minutes, 4K video shooting.
Dimensions / Weight
- Dimensions: 117.1 mm (W) x 68.0 mm (H) x 39.0 mm (D)
- Weight: Approx. 380 g (with BLS-50 battery and memory card, based on CIPA standards)
Approx. 332 g (body only)
- Temperature: 0deg.C - +40deg.C (when in operation) / -20 - +60deg.C (when stored)
- Humidity: 30% - 90% (when in operation) / 10% - 90% (when stored)
- Each kit contains one PEN E-PL9 Camera Body, one M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 EZ Lens, one light gray PEN Camera Case, one light gray camera strap, one 16GB Class 10 SD Card. Camera body comes with: Micro USB cable, camera strap, warranty, BLS-50 Li-Ion Battery, BCS-5 Li-Ion Battery Charger, PEN E-PL9 Quick Tip Guide, PEN E-PL9 Quick Start Guide. The 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 EZ lens comes with: manual, warranty, front and rear lens caps.
Pen E-PL9 Camera Body (Pearl White)
M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 EZ Lens
Light gray PEN Camera Case
Light gray camera strap
16GB Class 10 SD Card
Camera body comes with:
Micro USB cable
BLS-50 Li-Ion Battery
BCS-5 Li-Ion Battery Charger
PEN E-PL9 Quick Tip Guide
PEN E-PL9 Quick Start Guide
14-42mm F3.5-5.6 EZ lens comes with:
Olympus PEN E-PL9 Pearl White Body, Silver 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 EZ Lens Kit
Sandisk 32GB Extreme SD Memory UHS-I Card
Deco Gear Large Photo/Video Backpack for DSLR Camera, Lens and Accessories Grey
This Kit Includes:
PEN E-PL9 Pearl White Body, Silver 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 EZ Lens Kit
Olympus PEN E-PL9 Pearl White Body, Silver 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 EZ Lens Kit
Our Price: $699.00
32GB Extreme SD Memory UHS-I Card w/ 90/40MB/s Read/Write, SDSDXVE-032G-ANCIN
Sandisk 32GB Extreme SD Memory UHS-I Card w/ 90/40MB/s Read/Write, SDSDXVE-032G-ANCIN
Our Price: $29.99
Photo and Video Backpack for Mirrorless and DSLR Cameras and Drones (Grey)
Deco Gear Photo and Video Backpack for Mirrorless and DSLR Cameras and Drones (Grey)
Our Price: $49.95