14 Megapixel CMOS
An amazing 14 million pixels in the high-resolution CMOS sensor create superior image quality. Create poster-sized prints without losing a single detail.
40x, 22.4mm Ultra Wide-Angle Optical Zoom Lens
Get into range with this staggering 40x optical zoom -- Olympus' longest optical zoom to date. It propels you into the action when you can't get closer, like at a concert or a sports arena, and it's perfect for snapping skittish wildlife.
80x Super Resolution Zoom
Get twice as close. Double your effective zoom power and get even closer to your subjects.
3.0" High-Resolution LCD
The huge 3.0-inch LCD features an extra-wide viewing angle for easier composing and shooting, and perfect for watching the high-definition movies you capture.
1080p Full HD Video
A simple one-touch button allows you to record videos with amazing clarity in high-definition right from your camera. And with Linear PCM recording, the same technology used in Olympus's professional voice recorders, your HD Videos will be accompanied by higher-than-CD quality audio. HDMI output and control makes playing back videos on your HDTV a breeze. Want high speed recording for slow motion playback? The SP-820 is equipped with HSQVGA recording up to 240 frames per second.
A powerful, DSLR-quality TruePic? V Image Processor and a CMOS sensor come together to dramatically improve image quality with spectacular low-light performance, blazing fast autofocus, enhanced Intelligent Auto for spectacular scene and subject recognition and Super-Resolution Zoom. It?s Intelligent. It?s High Speed. It?s High Sensitivity. It?s iHS.
The TruePic V Image Processor, first developed for professional digital SLRs, knows precisely how to deliver true-to-life color, the sharpest details and less noise.
High-Speed Sequential Shooting
Shoot like a pro. With 3 fps high-speed burst shooting at full resolution, nail the perfect shot by taking a quick sequence at the touch of a button. Still afraid you?ll miss the moment? At 3MP, the frame rate increases to an astounding 30 shots per second. You?ll have so many great shots, you won?t be able to share just one.
Shooting into backlight typically results in washed out, overly bright images. Backlight HDR Adjustment takes a collage of images at various exposure levels and blends them into one, perfectly exposed image.
Hand Held Starlight
Capture vivid night scenes without the use of a tripod. In low-light situations where image blur is more likely to occur, Hand-Held Starlight mode captures multiple images and stitches them together into a single, crisp, breathtaking photo.
Multi-Motion Movie IS
Capture clear, smooth videos thanks to the newly developed image stabilization that minimizes blur caused by large and small movements alike such as walking, breathing or panning across your subject matter.
Capture breathtaking 360? panoramic views and vistas just as you remember them, all in one frame and at the touch of a button, by simply panning the camera across the scene. No computer necessary!
PHOTO WITH VIDEO CLIP
Catch all the action before and after your shot! When the Photo with Video Clip mode is enabled on the dial, the camera automatically captures a short video before and after the shutter button is released.
Dual Image Stabilization
Dual Image Stabilization combines Sensor-Shift Image Stabilization with high ISO sensitivity and fast shutter speeds to capture crisp, clear images in any situation.
Automatically identifies the scene you?re shooting?up to 30 different scene including Portrait, Landscape, Night + Portrait, Macro or Sports?and adjusts the settings for ideal results.
Beauty Mode with Make Up Mode
Look like a star! Let the camera soften shadows and smooth wrinkles and blemishes on your subject?s face with Beauty Mode. Or, digitally apply enhancements to your portraits like eye shadow, whitening teeth and lifting cheek bones with Beauty Make-Up mode.
Magic Art Filters - Still & Video
Express your creativity with 12 special effects for your photos & HD Videos. Olympus' Magic Art Filters infuse familiar scenes with new and unexpected moods ranging from the exciting to the serene and from the whimsical to the mysterious. Choose from Pop Art, Pin Hole, Drawing, Fish Eye, Soft Focus, Punk, Watercolor, Miniature, Reflection, Sparkle, Fragmented, and Dramatic. (Effects may reduce image size. Not all effects are compatible with video recording.)
- 14 Megapixels (effective), 1/2.3" CMOS
Focal Length/Lens Configuration
- 4.0 - 160.0mm (22.4? 896mm equivalent in 35mm photography)
- 40x Optical Zoom + 4x Digital Zoom
- f3.4 (W) / f5.7 (T)
- 3.0-inch LCD
- 460,000 dots
- CMOS contrast detection
Focus Range (from lens surface)
- Normal Mode: W: 0.1m~8/T: 3.0m~8
- Macro Mode: W: 0.1m~8/T: 3.0m~8
- Super Macro Mode: 0.01m~8/f=5.73mm(focal length fixed)
- iESP Auto, Spot AF, Face Detection AF, AF Tracking
- 1/2000 sec. ?1/4 sec. (up to 4 sec. in Night Scene mode)
ISO Sensitivity (SOS: Standard Output Sensitivity)
- ISO 80, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600, 3200, 6400, Auto, High
- ?2 EV steps in 1/3 EV steps
Image File Format
- Still Image: JPEG
- Movie: MOV/H.264
Number of Recorded Pixels
- 14M (4288x3216)
- 8M (3264x2448)
- 5M (2560x1920)
- 3M (2048x1536)
- 2M (1600x1200)
- 1M (1280x960)
- VGA (640x480)
- 16:9 L (4288x2416)
- 16:9 S (1920x1080)
Motion Blur Suppression
- Dual Image Stabilization
- Intelligent Auto, Program Auto, Beauty Mode, Panorama, Hand-Held Starlight, Photo+Video Clip, Scene Modes (Portrait, Landscape, Night Scene, Night + Portrait, Sport, Indoor, Self Portrait, Sunset, Fireworks, Cuisine, Documents, Beach & Snow, Pet (Cat), Pet (Dog), Backligh HDR), HD Movie
- Magic Filter: Pop Art, Pinhole, Fisheye, Drawing, Soft Focus, Punk, Sparkle, Watercolor, Reflection, Miniature, Fragmented, Dramatic
- In-Camera Panorama (Smart Panorama),
- PC Panorama (Up to 10 frames automatically stitchable with ib software)
- Approx. 1.5 fps / 200 images(14M)
- Approx. 3fps / 3 images(14M)
- Approx. 10 fps / 34 images(3M)
- Approx. 30 fps / 34 images(3M)
Shooting Assist Functions
- Histogram, Frame Assist, Voice Recording
- 1080p, 720p, HS720 60fps, HSVGA 120fps, HSQVGA 240fps, VGA
- TruePic V
- Night Scene, Night + Portrait, Candle, Sunset and Fireworks
Playback Edit Effects
- Still Image: Beauty Fix, Resize, Cropping, Saturation
- Auto (for low light and backlit conditions)
- Red-Eye Reduction
Flash Working Range
- W: 0.2m - 15.0m (ISO 3200)
- T: 3.0m - 8.9m (ISO 3200)
- 12/2 Seconds/ Pet auto-shutter
Removable Media Card
- SD/SDHC/SDXC Card (not supported for UHSspeedclass)
- Multi-Terminal (USB Connector, Audio/Video Output)
- HDMI Type D
- USB 2.0 High-Speed (USB Mass Storage)
- Auto-Connect USB: Windows 2000/XP/VISTA/7 with USB port, Mac OS X 10.3 or later with USB port
- Software: Windows 2000PRO/XP/VISTA/7, Mac OS X 10.3 - 10.5
- 485 g
- Wi-Fi compatible via optional Eye-Fi SD memory card
Specifications and design are subject to change without notice.