Powering business productivity with superior performance and reliability
With powerful 24-pin technology; the Epson LQ-590 delivers precision text and graphics; plus rugged reliability for critical print requirements. Offering print speeds of up to 529 cps and easy integration with existing printing formats; this robust performer is sure to increase productivity. With versatile 5-part forms printing; multiple paper loading options; and a durable; long-lasting ribbon; it races through reports; purchase orders; invoices and more.
Ideal for point-of-sale; manufacturing; and production environments; this workhorse boasts an amazing 20;000 POH MTBF rating and a 400 million character print head life. Its easy-to-use control panel makes changing print settings a snap; while convenient configuration software facilitates simple setup via a PC. It even provides Parallel and USB connections; plus a slot for optional interface cards; including high-speed Ethernet; for greater compatibility with practically any system. And; with both Epson and IBM printer languages; it's a great replacement for the Okidata ML-390/490 or the Epson LQ-570e/870.
Ideal for businesses that require high quality; multi-part forms printing; the reliable Epson LQ-590 printer offer extremely low operational costs compared to other printing technologies; as well as superior performance in comparison to other printers in its class. Designed for use in demanding print environments; this heavy-duty dot matrix printer handles critical business applications with precision and ease. And; it's backed by a three-year warranty that includes Epson's superior service and support.
- Delivers high quality text and graphics for critical applications
- Speeds through multipart forms; reports; labels and more at up to 529 cps
- Offers an MTBF rating of 20;000 POH and a 400 million character print head life
- Facilitates greater productivity with less downtime
- 5 million (LQ-590) character ribbon cartridge reduces the need for frequent ribbon changes
- Ensures the lowest cost per page
- Includes USB and Parallel connections; plus an additional slot for optional Type B interface cards
- Epson and IBM printer languages ensure compatibility for new and legacy printing applications
- Improved menu navigation allows quick and easy changes to printer settings
- Remote Configuration Manager facilitates easy setup via a PC
- Printing Technology: 24-pin; serial impact dot matrix
- Print Direction: Bidirectional logic seeking for text and graphics printing
- ISO Print Speed:
- High Speed Draft: 529 cps (12 cpi); 440 cps (10 cpi)
- Draft: 330 cps (10 cpi)
- Letter Quality: 110 cps (10 cpi)
Characters & Lines:
- Character Sets: 96 ASCII characters; 14 international character sets and 1 legal character set; 128 user-defined characters; Extended IBM style graphic characters; 5 code pages
- Resident Bitmapped Fonts:
- Epson Draft 10; 12; 15 cpi
- Epson Roman 10; 12; 15 cpi proportional
- Epson San Serif 10; 12; 15 cpi proportional
- Epson Courier 10; 12; 15 cpi
- Epson Prestige 10; 12; 15 cpi
- Epson Script 10 cpi
- Epson OCRB 10 cpi
- Epson Script C proportional
- Epson Orator 10 cpi
- Epson Orator S 10 cpi
- Bar Code Fonts: EAN-13; EAN-8; Interleaved 2 of 5; UPC-A; UPC-E; Code 39; Code 128; POSTNET; Codabar (NW-7); Industrial 2 of 5; Matrix 2 of 5
- Characters per Line: 80 characters at 10 cpi
- 32 horizontal tabs
- line spacing in 1/6" or programmable (minimum 1/360" increments)
- skip over perforations in lines
- page length in lines or inches
- Sound Level: 52 dB(A)
- Dimensions: 16.3" x 13.8" x 6.3" (W x D x H)
- Weight: 15.6 lbs.
Paper Handling Impact:
- Forms: Continuous multipart; original plus 4 carbonless copies; maximum thickness 0.018"
- Single sheets: 3.9" to 10.1"
- Continuous: 4" to 10"
- Cut-sheet feeder: 7.2" to 8.5"
- No. 6 envelopes: 6.5" x 3.6"
- No. 10 envelopes: 9.5" x 4.1"
- Single sheets: 3.9" to 14.3"
- Continuous: 4" to 22"
- Cut-sheet feeder: 10.1" to 14"
- Labels: Minimum: 2.5" x 0.94"
- Roll paper: 8.5" width
- Paper Feed Speed:
- 45 millisecond per 1/6"
- 5" per second continuous feed
- Paper Path:
- Manual insertion: Front or top in; top out
- Cut sheet feeder: Top in; top out
- Tractor: Front; rear or bottom in; top out
Impact Printer Details:
- Software Drivers: Windows 95; 98; 2000; Me; XP and NT 4.0
- Printer Language:
- Input Buffer: 128 KB
- Bidirectional Parallel (IEEE 1284 Nibble Mode supported)
- USB 1.1
- Type-B slot for optional interface cards
- Control Panel: Functions: Font; pitch; pause; tear off; bin selection; line feed; form feed; load; eject; micro adjust; top-of-form adjustment; panel lockout; reset; menu; default setting selection
- 20;000 POH (25% duty cycle)
- Total Print Volume:
- 40 million lines (not including printhead)
- Print head life:
- Ribbon life:
- 5 million characters at 48 dots / character