"Great Deal on Open Box Returns in Perfect Working Order "
This OPEN BOX product you are browsing is in perfect working condition. Our qualified technicians have inspected this unit to ensure that it meets factory specifications and includes all factory packed accessories. This Open Box unit also includes a 45-day return policy and includes free return shipping.
3x zoom with attractive pricing, compact size, and low weight
The DT 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 SAM is a 3x (approx.) zoom lens designed specifically for use with a DSLRs that have an APS-C type sensor. It is exceptionally light and compact, with a weight of only 210g (approx.) and dimensions of 69.5mm (max. diameter) x 69mm (length) that make it very easy to handle and carry.
Convenient 18-55mm zoom range
The DT 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 SAM's zoom covers the frequently used 18mm to 55mm range (35mm-format equivalent: 27-82.5mm), and provides a field of view similar to that of the human eye. As a result, it is an excellent lens for everyday use, capable of handling everything from snapshots and group photos to landscapes and portraits.
Aspherical and ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass elements
Two aspherical elements and one ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass element are incorporated into the optics to assure high image quality with excellent contrast and resolution all the way out to the periphery of the lens. In addition, a circular aperture mechanism is used to assure smoother, more beautiful background defocusing.
Newly-developed Smooth Autofocus Motor (SAM)
The DT 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 SAM's focusing lens group is driven by a new Smooth Autofocus Motor (SAM) in the lens itself, instead of a motor in the camera body. Responding instantly to AF drive control signals from the camera, the motor delivers power with smoothness and precision.
Newly designed rear lens element shade
The designed shape of the rear lens element shade has been updated in the SAL18552 to help suppress internal reflections and reduces flare and ghost for higher performance and better image quality
0.25m minimum focusing distance, 0.34 maximum magnification ratio
With a class-leading minimum focusing distance of just 0.25 meters and a maximum magnification ratio of 0.34, the DT 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 SAM can also be used to take macro close-ups.
- Small size, light weight Standard Zoom Lens
- Rear lens element enhanced to reduce flare & ghost
- New smoother zoom mechanism
- Sony Alpha mount for APS-C size DSLR
- DT 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 SAM
- Smooth and silent AF operation with built-in Motor (SAM)
- 8 Elements / 7 Group
- Circular Aperture; 7 Blades
- 35mm focal length equivalent; 27-82.5mm
- Minimum focus distance: 9-13/16" (0.25m)
- Maximum magnification: 0.34x
- Lens Type: Zoom
- Aperture (Max.): F3.5-5.6
- Aperture (Min.): F22-36
- Filter Diameter: 55 mm
- Lens Groups-Elements: 8 elements in 7 groups
- Minimum Focus Distance: 9" (0.25m)
- Aspheric Elements: 3 elements including 1 ED element
- Aperture Blade: 7 blades (circular aperture)
- Focal Distance: Min. 10" (0.25 m)
- Focal Length (35mm equivalent): 35mm equivalent focal length (APS-C) 27-82.5mm
- Magnification: x 0.34
Weights and Measurements
- Dimensions (Approx.): 2-7/8 x 2-3/4" (71.6 x 69mm)
- Weight (Approx.): 7.9 oz (222 g)
This Kit Includes:
SAL18552 DT 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 Zoom Lens - OPEN BOX
Sony SAL18552 DT 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 Zoom Lens - OPEN BOX
Our Price: $99.00