With ten inputs and four outputs, Focusrite's Clarett 2Pre Thunderbolt interface is ideal for the discerning Singer Songwriter. It includes two newly designed Claret mic preamps accessed direct from the front panel, plus class-leading digital conversion and low round-trip latency. The new Clarett mic pre offers very low noise (EIN -128) and distortion, and also includes the switchable "Air" effect that models the sound of Focusrite's renowned ISA transformer-based preamps. It also features gain controls with a special law that makes changes smoother and more natural. Featuring the latest in Focusrite precision digital conversion, Clarett 2Pre's 192kHz/24-bit converters deliver up to 118dB (A/D from mic pre) / 119dB (D/A line out) real-world dynamic range. The two primary inputs are on the front panel in the form of mic/instrument/line combo XLR/TRS sockets and feature the newly designed Clarett mic preamps; in addition, an ADAT optical input can be used to expand the 2Pre's input capability with eight additional digital channels. The instrument-level inputs are designed with exceptional headroom, to accept the highest output pickup without distortion. Clarett 2Pre includes Focusrite's signature "Gain Haloes" surrounding the gain controls which indicate a simple go/no-go indication of level. A new software mixer, Focusrite Control, is included for easy configuration of monitoring and routing setups. Simple and intuitive to use, Focusrite Control offers a traditional mixer workflow and allows immediate access to internal hardware functions. Every Clarett also includes the Red 2 and Red 3 AAX, AU and VST Plug-in Suite, which models Focusrite's classic Red range equalizer and compressor hardware. Download the free Focusrite iOS Control app and adjust cue mixes created with the Focusrite Control desktop app remotely from an iPad, iPhone or iPod touch. Please note: the Clarett 2Pre requires a Thunderbolt enabled PC with Windows 8.1 or higher or a Mac with OS X 10.9 or higher. Thunderbolt cable not included.
Better. Faster. Easier.
Clarett 2Pre simply sounds great, with up to 119dB dynamic range, precision 24/192 conversion, and two specially-designed mic preamps with a unique analog 'Air' effect. It easily out-performs other interfaces in its class and beyond. Meanwhile, its astonishing 1.38ms round-trip latency simplifies your workflow and lets you use your favorite plug-ins in real time.
Dual Clarett Mic Pres with Extra 'Air'
The mic pres have been designed especially for the Clarett range, with plenty of gain, yet low noise and distortion. In addition, they include a special 'Air' feature that switches in an analog model of the classic transformer-based Focusrite ISA mic pre. Instrument inputs feature extra headroom to handle the loudest pickup.
Plug Straight In
This newly designed instrument input allows for even the hottest of guitar pick-ups to be recorded without clipping, and the performance specifications easily match some of the finest dedicated DI's on the market. Coupled with the low latency environment, now you can get the most out of recording through your favorite amp sim and guitar effect plug-ins in real time.
Ultra-Low Round-Trip Latency
Clarett's ultra-low round-trip latency over Thunderbolt completely transforms your workflow. You can record and monitor with your favorite DAW plugins in real time--no need for multiple mixes, add-in DSP, or special processing.
Precision Digital Conversion
Clarett features Focusrite's class-leading 24/192 conversion quality: with up to 119dB dynamic range, Clarett offers the cleanest way yet to get music in and out of your DAW.
Intuitive, Easy to Use Software Mixer and Sweet Sounding Plug-ins
Focusrite Control is a brand new software mixer designed for easy configuration of monitoring and routing setups. Simple and intuitive to use, Focusrite Control offers a traditional mixer workflow and allows immediate access to internal hardware functions. Also included is a sweet sounding plug-in collection comprising Softube's world-class Time and Tone Bundle, with TSAR-1R Reverb, Tube Delay and Saturation Knob. This is complemented by the Red 2 and Red 3 AAX, AU and VST Plug-in Suite, which accurately models Focusrite's classic Red range equalizer and compressor hardware.
The Ins and Outs
Clarett 2Pre offers 10 audio inputs and four outputs, including two front-panel multi-function inputs and a headphone output, plus four rear-panel line outputs (one pair doubling the headphone feed). There are also eight channels of ADAT-format digital input--ideal for adding eight channels of digital mic pre.
- Two Clarett Mic Pres - lots of gain, low noise and distortion, extra headroom for instruments - 'Air' effect switches in an analog model of the classic transformer-based Focusrite ISA mic pre with dedicated phantom power on each channel
- Exceptionally low latency over Thunderbolt - record and monitor with DAW plug-ins in real-time; precision digital 24/192 conversion and up to 119dB dynamic range - front panel metering, accessible monitoring including level control as well as dim and mute buttons
- 10-in/4-out, featuring 2 front-panel multi-function inputs, 4 rear-panel line outputs, 8 channels of ADAT digital input, MIDI I/O, and headphone output
- Included software - Focusrite Control software mixer, Red 2 & Red 3 AAX, AU & VST Plug-in Suite, Softube Time and Tone Bundle, 2GB of Loopmasters samples, choice of one free XLN Addictive Keys virtual instrument via download upon purchase and registration, monthly software plug-in offers from Focusrite?s Plug-In Collective via download upon purchase and registration
- Focusrite iOS Control now available - download the free Focusrite iOS Control app and adjust cue mixes remotely from an iPad, iPhone or iPod touch; Mac compatible, offering stable, reliable operation and Windows compatibility in beta; 2-year limited warranty on manufacturing defects