Focusrite's 18-in/20-out Clarett 8Pre combines 8 mic preamps, class-leading digital conversion and extra-low round-trip latency. Clarett's specially designed low-noise, low-distortion mic pre features 'Air', an effect that models the sound of Focusrite's renowned ISA transformer-based preamps.
Eight New Clarett Mic Pres with Extra 'Air'
The mic pres have been designed especially for the Clarett range, with plenty of gain, yet low noise and distortion. In addition, they include a special 'Air' feature that switches in an analog model of the classic transformer-based Focusrite ISA mic pre. Instrument inputs feature extra headroom to handle the loudest pickup.
Two mic/line/instrument inputs on the front panel give you instant, easy access to a pair of analog inputs, even when rack mounted.
Ultra-Low Round-Trip Latency
Clarett's ultra-low round-trip latency over Thunderbolt completely transforms your workflow. You can record and monitor with your favorite DAW plugins in real time--no need for multiple mixes, add-in DSP, or special processing.
Precision Digital Conversion
Clarett's 192kHz/24-bit converters deliver up to 118dB (A/D) / 119dB (D/A) real-world dynamic range, letting you capture every nuance and subtlety whether you're recording or mixing. Clarett offers the cleanest way yet to get music in and out of your DAW.
Intuitive, Easy to Use Software Mixer and Sweet Sounding Plug-ins
Focusrite Control is a brand new software mixer designed for easy configuration of monitoring and routing setups. Simple and intuitive to use, Focusrite Control offers a traditional mixer workflow and allows immediate access to internal hardware functions. Also included is a sweet sounding plug-in collection comprising Softube's world-class Time and Tone Bundle, with TSAR-1R Reverb, Tube Delay and Saturation Knob. This is complemented by the Red 2 and Red 3 AAX, AU and VST Plug-in Suite, which accurately models Focusrite's classic Red range equalizer and compressor hardware.
Enough Channels for the Band
18 audio inputs and 20 outputs within a 1U rack space, including eight analog inputs, 10 analogue outputs, stereo S/PDIF I/O and eight channels of ADAT I/O. The ADAT ports are ideal for sending audio to an external D/A for line output expansion, or adding eight channels of digital mic pre.
- Eight Clarett Mic Pres - lots of gain, low noise and distortion, extra headroom for instruments - 'Air' effect switches in an analog model of the classic transformer-based Focusrite ISA mic pre - dedicated phantom power, phase reverse, and high pass filters on every channel
- Exceptionally low latency over Thunderbolt - record and monitor with DAW plug-ins in real-time; precision digital 24/192 conversion and up to 119dB dynamic range - front panel metering, accessible monitoring including level control as well as dim and mute buttons
- Full I/O complement - 18-in/20-out, featuring S/PDIF, ADAT I/O, MIDI I/O, and word clock out - dual headphone outputs , Compatible : macOS sierra Mac 10.11 Mac 10.10 Mac 10.9 windows 10 windows 8.1
- Included software - Focusrite Control software mixer, Red 2 & Red 3 AAX, AU & VST Plug-in Suite, Softube Time and Tone Bundle, 2GB of Loopmasters samples, choice of one free XLN Addictive Keys virtual instrument via download upon purchase and registration, monthly software plug-in offers from Focusrite's Plug-In Collective via download upon purchase and registration
- Focusrite iOS Control now available - download the free Focusrite iOS Control app and adjust cue mixes remotely from an iPad, iPhone or iPod touch; Mac compatible, offering stable, reliable operation and Windows compatibility in beta; 2-year limited warranty on manufacturing defects
FREE XLN Addictive Keys Licence with Purchase
The Addictive Keys virtual instrument from XLN Audio is included for free with all Focusrite Scarlett, Clarett, Red and Saffire audio interfaces, and is available for existing customers as well as new customers. One full licence per account enables you to choose one world-class Addictive Keys instrument, such as Modern Upright, Studio Grand, Electric Grand or Mark One.
Addictive Keys is a powerful tool for musicians, producers and songwriters. With its unique approach to sound creation, smart workflow, fast loading time and high-quality presets, Addictive Keys is perfect for any production style of music genre.
Addictive Keys supports all of the major plug-in formats: VST, AU plug-ins and AAX (32 and 64-bit), so it can be used within most music applications including Pro Tools, SONAR, Cubase, Logic, Live and many others. Addictive Keys can also work as a standalone instrument, without requiring host music software. This makes it easy to load an instrument, find an inspiring preset, and start playing, without having to launch any other music software.