The Fluke Networks TS25D telephone test set; available with various line cord connectors to suit specific applications; is designed for indoor testing of telephone lines to detect dial tone and polarity; make and receive calls; and indicate line voltage and current; has a one-way; adjustable-volume speaker for hands-free listening during testing and a built-in analog tone generator that sends a signal through wires for locating and tracing wires with a probe (sold separately); monitors lines without disrupting service and remains off hook if data is detected; and stores up to ten 23-digit telephone numbers which can be speed-dialed via the keypad. The test set provides tone or pulse operation; detects caller ID and call-waiting ID; and tests continuity to detect short circuits. It has two basic modes of operation: talk mode for off-hook operations including verifying dialing and receiving calls; and monitor mode for on-hook operations including checking for an idle line; listening for line noise; measuring DC voltage on the line; and capturing DTMF (dual-tone multi-frequency) tones to check for proper signaling. In monitor mode; the test set provides a high impedance coupling to monitor lines without disrupting service. When switching to talk mode; the data lockout feature tests the line for high-speed data signals and remains on hook and beeps if such signals are detected. The lockout can be overridden to pull dial tone from a noise line. The keypad has 12 standard dialing keys including star and pound; and function keys to redial numbers; adjust speaker volume; and navigate menus; among other functions. The LCD displays icons for test status such as indicating normal or reversed DC polarity; and displays readings of voltage from 0 to 250VDC when on-hook and current from 0 to 110mA when off-hook. The test set can be programmed to turn off automatically after 30 or 60 minutes (default setting is 60 minutes) of inactivity to conserve battery life.
- Detects dial tone and polarity; places and receives calls; indicates line voltage and current; and has a speaker for hands-free listening during testing of telephone lines
- Available with various line cord connectors to suit specific applications
- Built-in analog tone generator sends a signal through wires for locating and tracing wires with a probe (sold separately)
- Monitors lines without disrupting service; remaining on hook if data is detected; and stores up to ten 23-digit numbers which can be speed-dialed via the keypad
- Keypad has standard dialing keys and function keys; plus a large LCD for viewing test status
- Line current range: Off-hook: 10 to 100mA
- DC resistance: Off-hook: 150O (nominal); on-hook: greater than 1MO
- AC impedance: Off-hook: 600O (nominal); 300 to 3;400 Hz; on-hook: greater than 120kO; 300 to 3;400 Hz
- Rotary dial pulse rate: 10 + or - 1 pulses per second
- DTMF (dual-tone multi-frequency) tone frequency error: + or - 1.5% maximum
- Memory capacity: Ten 23-digit speed dial numbers; one redial number
- Agency certifications and standards met: CE (European Conformity) marking
- Power source: Shared line power; 9V battery (included)
- Dimensions: 20 x 6.8 x 4cm/7.8 x 2.7 x 1.6 inches (H x W x D)
- Weight: 284g/10oz.