With up to 4.5 GHz of processing power the HP Z240 delivers powerful workstation performance and reliability at the price point of a desktop PC.
Powered to manage your challenges
Powerful processors; graphics; memory; and two optional ultra-fast HP Z Turbo Drives make the HP Z240 Tower a true workstation-class solution. Handle your growing and complex workloads with performance for any stage in your work process.
Small price; big possibilities
The essential features of the HP Z240 Tower easily support your workload with slots and ports to spare. When you're ready for workstation class features; like professional ISV certifications; the HP Z240 Tower is the right first step.
Priced for your budget
HP's most affordable workstation allows you to customize your experience while still balancing your IT budget. HP reliability; thorough testing; and ISV certification means your HP Z240 is designed as a long-term budget friendly solution.
- Support your unique user needs with a choice of Windows 10 Pro or Linux operating systems.
- Achieve the performance you need with your choice of next generation Intel Xeon processors or Intel Core processors.
- Get more performance; expandability and flexibility than our previous generations.
- Handle large files; reduce work time and increase performance with the optional HP Z Turbo Drive.
- Up to 64 GB DDR4 ECC memory helps provide no compromise capacity; performance; and reliability.
- Ignite productivity with NVIDIA professional graphics cards in 2D or 3D.
- Access AMD professional graphics including high-end 3D on Tower configurations.
- Help internal components stay clean and cool with a removable and cleanable dust filter.
- Charge your device using the fast charging front USB port.
- Operating system: Windows 10 Pro 64 for Workstations - HP recommends Windows 10 Pro.
- Processor family: 7th Generation Intel Xeon processor
- Processor: Intel Xeon E3-1240 v6 (3.7 GHz base frequency; up to 4.1 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology; 8 MB cache; 4 cores)
- Chipset: Intel C236
- Maximum Memory: 64 GB DDR4-2400 ECC or non-ECC SDRAM
- Memory Slots: 4 DIMM
- Drive Controllers: Integrated SATA (4 ports 6 Gb/s) with RAID 0 (striped array) and RAID 1 (mirrored array) supported on Windows operating system only. Requires identical hard drives (speeds; capacity; interface). Integrated RAID 0; 1 (data configuration) for PCIe SSDs.
- Optical Storage: HP Slim DVD-ROM Drive; HP Slim Blu-ray Writer; HP Slim DVD-Writer DVD-RW Drive
- Additional Storage: SD media card reader (optional)
- Available Graphics: NVIDIA Quadro P2000 (5 GB)
- Audio: Integrated Realtek HD ALC221-VB audio
- Networking: LAN Integrated Intel I219LM PCIe GbE
- Expansion Slots: 1 PCIe Gen3 x16
- Ports and Connectors: Front: 2 USB 3.0; 2 USB 2.0 (1 charging); 1 headphone; 1 microphone; Back: 4 USB 3.0; 2 USB 2.0; 2 DisplayPort 1.2; 1 DVI-I single link; 1 serial (optional); 1 parallel (optional); 2 PS/2; 1 RJ-45; 1 audio line-in; 1 audio line-out; 2 IEEE 1394b (optional); Internal: 1 USB 3.0; 2 USB 2.0
- Drive Bays (Internal): One 2.5"; Two 3.5"
- Drive Bays (External): Two 5.25"; One slim ODD
- Input Device: HP Wireless Business Slim Keyboard; HP USB CCID SmartCard Keyboard; HP USB Business Slim Keyboard; HP PS/2 Business Slim Keyboard HP SpaceMouse Pro USB 3D; HP USB 1000 dpi Laser Mouse; HP USB Optical 3-Button Mouse; HP USB Optical Mouse; HP PS/2 Mouse; 3Dconnexion CADMouse; HP USB Hardened Mouse
- Software: HP Performance Advisor; HP Remote Graphics Software (RGS) 7.1; PDF Complete - Corporate Edition; Cyberlink Power DVD and Power2Go; HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI; HP Client Security Software; Buy Office
- Security: HP Solenoid Lock and Hood Sensor (optional); HP Business PC Security Lock kit (optional); HP UltraSlim Cable Lock Kit (optional); HP Keyed Cable Lock (optional)
- Power: 400 W 92% efficient; wide-ranging; active PFC; 280 W 90% efficient; wide-ranging; active PFC
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 6.7 x 17.4 x 15.7 in.; 170 x 442 x 399 mm
- Weight: Starting at 18.95 lbs.; Starting at 8.6 kg
- Energy Efficiency Compliance: ENERGY STAR certified and EPEAT registered configurations available
- Environmental Certification: Low halogen
- All HP Z Displays and HP DreamColor Displays are supported: Warranty
- Protected by HP Services; including a 3-year parts; 3-year labor; and 3-year onsite service (3-3-3) standard limited warranty