With great power; comes great productivity. Our most powerful ultraslim 14-inch diagonal business notebook accelerates your day-to-day; and makes even your hardest tasks a breeze-with powerful multitasking; on-the-go collaboration; and industry-leading security.
Ideal for mobile professionals needing best-in-class; business-rugged notebooks with enhanced system and graphic performance in a managed-IT environment
Powered to push your pace; the HP EliteBook 1040 is ready for your biggest challenges in and out of the office. With up to 18-hours of battery life2 and an optional quad-core Intel Core processor (H-series)3 under the hood; there's almost nothing you can't handle.
Thin. Light. Your Conference Powerhouse.
Say hello to the ultrathin device packed with features and ready for your mobile world. Designed for conferencing with powerful audio; intuitive call management; and a 180 degree hinge to share your ultra-bright 700-nit display4 in a huddle room.
Our Most Secure And Manageable Pcs
Protection is simple and manageable thanks to a cutting-edge suite of security features that lets you browse confidently; keeps visual hackers in the dark; and monitors and restores in memory BIOS automatically.
- Operating system: Windows 10 Pro 64
- Processor family: 7th Generation Intel Core i7 processor
- Processor: Intel Core i7-7820HQ with Intel HD Graphics 630 (2.9 GHz base frequency; up to 3.9 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology; 8 MB cache; 4 cores)
- Chipset: Chipset is integrated with processor
- Memory: 16 GB DDR4-2133 SDRAM (1 X 16 GB)
- Internal drive: 512 GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD
Display and graphics
- Display: 14" diagonal FHD IPS eDP LED-backlit touch screen; direct bonded with Corning Gorilla Glass 4; 340 cd/m; 100% sRGB (1920 x 1080)
- Integrated Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 630
- Ports: 2 USB 3.1 Gen 1 (1 charging); 2 USB 3.1 Type-C; 1 HDMI 1.4; 1 headphone/microphone combo
- Audio: Audio by Bang & Olufsen; Integrated premium speakers; Digital dual-array microphone
- Camera: 720p HD webcam; IR camera for face authentication with Windows Hello
- Keyboard: HP Premium Collaboration Keyboard; full-size; backlit
- Pointing device: Clickpad with multi-touch gesture support
- Network interface: HP Module with NXP NFC Controller NPC300 I2C NCI
- Wireless: Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265 802.11a/b/g/n/ac (2x2) Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.2 Combo
Power and operating requirements
- Energy efficiency: ENERGY STAR certified
- Power supply: 90 W USB Type-C adapter
- Battery type: HP Long Life 6-cell; 67 Wh Li-ion
- Security management: HP BIOSphere Gen3; HP Client Security Gen3; HP DriveLock and Automatic DriveLock; HP Sure Start Gen3; Nano Security lock slot
Dimensions and weight
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 12.95 x 9.17 x 0.63 in (32.89 x 23.28 x 1.59 cm)
- Weight: Starting at 2.99 lb (Starting at 1.36 kg)
- Warranty: 3 year limited parts; labor (3-3-0) warranty. Certain restrictions and exclusions apply.