Perfect for engineering; visualization and Machine Learning; HP's most popular workstation delivers disruptive performance for a wide spectrum of applications. With a choice of Intel Xeon or Core X processors and support for dual extreme graphics; you get all you need; nothing more.
- Windows 10 Pro or other operating systems available
The Z4 is ahead of its time with more standard features than any other single processor HP workstation. With multiple configuration options; you can choose the perfect blend of components that meet your performance requirements.
Visualize your project anytime with the power to move seamlessly between 3D CAD; rendering and simulation applications. The Z4 can easily handle tasks that require high frequency processing; multiple cores and high-powered GPUs for an optimized design process.
HP's most secure workstations
Advanced security features come standard on every Z4. Rest assured your device; identity and data are safe with security software like HP Client Security Suite Gen3 and HP Sure Start Gen3 featuring a self-healing BIOS.
Support your unique user needs with a choice of Windows 10 Pro 64 or Linux operating systems.
Run demanding professional apps with the newest generation Intel Xeon processors available with up to 18 cores for powerful performance and productivity.
Intel Core X-Series processors
Experience disruptive price-performance on multi-threaded applications; or combined workflows such as simulation based design; with Intel Core X-Series processors: the high-performance single-socket processors from Intel.
Get serious about graphics and reach peak productivity with access to a breadth of NVIDIA and AMD professional graphics from entry to high-end 3D.
Install pro-grade storage Hardware and elevate your storage-bound apps without sacrificing standard PCIe slots.
The simply stunning design features front and rear handles; so you can easily relocate your system.
Save space within your office layout with a chassis that is 10% smaller than the previous generation.
Multiple high-speed network connections are easy and speedy with dual embedded 1GbE LAN ports with Thunderbolt 3 technology for fast data transfers.
USB Type -C
The optional dual front I/O USB 3.1 G2 Type C module lets you transfer data to devices using modern connection technology at higher data rates.
Optional self-encryption drives thwart outside access so your valuable IP won't fall into the wrong hands.
- Operating system: Windows 10 Pro 64
- Processor family: 7th Generation Intel Core i7 processor
- Processor: Intel Core i7-7800X (3.5 GHz base frequency; up to 4 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology; 8.25 MB cache; 6 cores)
- Number of processors: 1
- Chipset: Intel C422; Intel X299
- Environmental: Low halogen
- Memory; standard: 8 GB DDR4-2666 ECC SDRAM (1 x 8 GB)
- Memory Slots: 8 DIMM
- Internal drive bays: Two 2.5" or 3.5"
- External drive bays: Two 5.25"
- Internal drive: 1 TB 7200 rpm SATA
- Additional storage: HP SD 4 Media Card Reader (optional)
- Storage controller: Integrated SATA 6.0 Gb/s supporting RAID 0; 1; 5; 10; Optional SAS controller supporting RAID; 0; 1; 10 for SAS drives
- Optical drive: HP Slim DVD-Writer
Display and graphics
- Compatible displays: All HP Z Displays and HP DreamColor Displays are supported.
Power and operating requirements
- Energy efficiency: ENERGY STAR certified
- Power: 1000 W internal power supply; up to 90% efficiency; active PFC
Dimensions and weight
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 15.2 x 6.65 x 17.5 in (38.6 x 16.9 x 44.5 cm)
- Weight: Starting at 22.4 lb (Starting at 10.2 kg)