Innovative and aesthetically-designed; our 270-series outdoor APs deliver fast and reliable 802.11ac Wi-Fi performance under any weather conditions.
The three-stream 270 series also enables 802.11n mobile devices to operate up to three-times faster at the same distance from the AP.
Purpose-built for the harshest outdoor environments; 270-series APs can withstand extreme temperatures; persistent moisture and precipitation; and are fully sealed to keep out airborne contaminants.
Simple To Buy; Simple To Install
The 270 series is as simple to install as an outdoor video camera and features integrated antenna options for easy deployment.
Powered with beamforming
Extend the performance benefits of beamforming to outdoor environments; where maximizing the range of Wi-Fi is most critical.
Aesthetic and inconspicuous design
270-series APs - with or without external antennas - are totally unobtrusive and look just like any other common outdoor fixture.
Access Point Models
- AP-277: 2.4-GHz and 5-GHz radios; each with 3x3 MIMO and three integrated 80 degree H x 80 degree V beam width directional antennas
Wireless Radio Specifications
- AP type: Outdoor; dual radio; 5-GHz 802.11ac
- The 2.4-GHz radio supports 802.11ac data rates using 256-QAM modulation. This gives TurboQAM-enabled clients a 33% boost above the maximum supported data rate to deliver up to 600 Mbps.
- 3×3 MIMO with three spatial streams and up to 1.3 Gbps wireless data rate
- Supported frequency bands (country-specific restrictions apply):
- 2.4000 GHz to 2.4835 GHz
- 5.150 GHz to 5.250 GHz
- 5.250 GHz to 5.350 GHz
- 5.470 GHz to 5.725 GHz
- 5.725 GHz to 5.875 GHz
- Available channels: Dependent upon configured regulatory domain
- Dynamic frequency selection (DFS) optimizes the use of available RF spectrum
- Supported radio technologies:
- 802.11n/ac: 3×3 MIMO with up to three spatial streams
- Supported modulation types:
- 802.11ac: BPSK; QPSK; 16-QAM; 64-QAM; 256-QAM
- Transmit power: Configurable in increments of 0.5 dBm
- Maximum (aggregate; conducted total) transmit power (limited) by local regulatory requirements):
- 2.4-GHz band: +28 dBm (23 dBm per chain)
- 5-GHz bands: +28 dBm (23 dBm per chain)
- Advanced cellular coexistence (ACC) feature to minimize interference from cellular systems
- Maximum ratio combining (MRC) for improved receiver performance
- Cyclic delay diversity (CDD) for improved downlink RF performance
- Short guard interval for 20-MHz; 40-MHz and 80-MHz channels
- Space-time block coding (STBC) for increased range and improved reception
- Low-density parity check (LDPC) for high-efficiency error correction and increased throughput
- Explicit transmit beam-forming (TxBF) for increased reliability in signal delivery
- Supported data rates (Mbps):
- 802.11ac: 6.5 to 1;300 (MCS0 to MCS9; 1 to 3 spatial streams
- 802.11ac very high throughput (VHT) support: VHT 20/40/80
- Maximum power consumption: 23 watts.
- Direct AC source: 100-240 Volt AC
- Power over Ethernet (PoE): 48 Vdc (nominal) 802.3at compliant source
- AP-270-MNT-H2: Low profile mount primarily for AP-277
- AP-277: Six integrated multipolar zed directional antennas with 80 degree H x 80 degree V beam widths for 3 x 3 MIMO with maximum antenna gain of 6.5 dBi in 2.4 GHz and 5GHz.
- Operating: Temperature: -40 degree C to +65 degree C (-40 degree F to +150 degreeF); Humidity: 5% to 95% non-condensing
- Storage and transportation: Temperature: -40 degree C to +70 degree C (-40 degree F to +158 degreeF)
- Maximum operating altitude: 3000m
- Chassis rating: IP66 and IP67
- Wind survivability: Up to 165 mph
- Shock and vibration: ETSI 300-19-2-4 spec T41.E 4M3
- One PoE+ PD port 10/100/1000BASE-T Ethernet network interfaces (RJ-45): Auto-sensing link speed and MDI/MDX
- One port 10/100/1000BASE-T Ethernet network interfaces (RJ-45): Auto-sensing link speed and MDI/MDX
- AC power interface; power cords sold separately
- Serial console interface (micro USB)
- Reset button
- Visual indicator (LED): Power/system status; automatically disabled after initial operation period
- CB Scheme Safety; cTUVus
- Wi-Fi Alliance certified 802.11a/b/g/n/ac
- FCC/Industry of Canada
- CE Marked
- R&TTE Directive 1999/5/EC
- Low Voltage Directive 2006/95/EC
- EN 300 328
- EN 301 489
- EN 301 893
- UL/IEC/EN 60950
- EN 60601-1-1; EN60601-1-2
- Dimensions(excluding mount): 23 cm (W) x 22 cm (D) x 13 cm (H)(9.0" (W) x 8.7" (D) x 5.1" (H))
- Weight (excluding mount): 2.1 kg/4.6 lbs
Minimum Software Versions
- Aruba OS 6.4.3
- Aruba Instant 4.2.0