Aruba Wireless Location Beacons leverage Bluetooth Low-Energy (BLE) technology to power indoor location and wayfinding; and proximity-aware push notifications at enterprises; stadiums; hospitals and other public venues. The ability to customize the placement of beacons ensures a highly engaged customer experience. These small; low-power wireless transmitters broadcast radio signals at regular intervals that can be heard and interpreted by iOS and Android devices equipped with Meridian-powered mobile apps from Aruba and our Meridian Engage app development partners. Aruba APs with built-in Aruba Beacons allow you to remotely manage our four-year battery-powered standalone Beacons.
Aruba Wireless Location Beacons can be configured for either location-based wayfinding or for proximity-aware notifications so that corresponding actions are triggered on a venue's Meridian-powered mobile app.
Aruba Wireless Location Beacons are available in different form factors to better match your specific needs.
The standard Aruba beacon is great for permanent installations and is maintenance-free for four years.
The event beacon; designed for short duration installations; has a smaller form factor; lower cost; and a four-month battery life.
USB models can plug into an older Wi-Fi AP or other USB-enabled device.
Aruba Wireless Location Beacons broadcast 2.4-GHz radio signals at regular intervals.
Beacons can be heard and interpreted by iOS and Android devices that are also equipped with Meridian-powered mobile apps.
- Software configurable for location or proximity mode
- Remote beacon management support
- Easy to deploy - no infrastructure wiring required
- Install in any size or shape room
- Work both indoors and outdoors; with battery and USB powered options
- SDK support for iOS and Android mobile devices
- Differentiator: 5-pack of battery-powered beacons; second generation
- Mounting: High-strength indoor/outdoor 3M adhesive for direct mounting to wall
- Input voltage: Two coin cell batteries
- Power consumption: 0.22 mW
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 0.6 x 1.8 x 1.8 in (per beacon)
- Weight: 1.3 oz. (per beacon)