Is your data center poised to take the 16 Gb step in Fibre Channel (FC) connectivity? The growth in enterprise flash storage and the deployment of servers with multi-core processors is driving the need for high performance storage networking to prevent application performance bottlenecks. The FC Host Bus Adapter (HBA) is a critical element of this storage network to improve storage performance. The HPE StoreFabric SN1200E 16Gb Fibre Channel Host Bus Adapters deliver the high bandwidth; low latency and high IOPs to meet any application requirements; from online transaction processing or data warehousing to backup/restore and OpenStack Cinder block storage. Supporting higher virtual machine density on powerful host servers; the SN1200E 16Gb HBAs delivers increased ROI on enabling more applications and virtual machines to run on a single server and I/O port without impacting SLAs. The 16 Gb FC HBA is backward compatible with 8 and 4 Gb FC storage networks to protect legacy investments.
The High Performance Fibre Channel Host Bus Adapters
- The HPE StoreFabric SN1200E 16Gb Fibre Channel Host Bus Adapters deliver twice the I/O performance of 8Gb Fibre Channel (FC) Host Bus Adapters (HBAs) while being backward compatible with 8 and 4Gb FC environment.
- Moving to 16 Gb technology provides the infrastructure required for the more powerful servers and data intensive applications of the future.
- When using storage intensive applications like backup/restore; database transactions; virtualization and rich media; the improved I/O performance enables faster storage and retrieval of data.
- The HPE StoreFabric SN1200E 16Gb Host Bus Adapters accelerate the time to business insight by completing data warehousing queries faster than 8 Gb FC HBAs.
- Meets the massive bandwidth requirements of flash storage arrays.
- Increases the performance of flash-based storage by prioritizing mission critical traffic in congested networks with exclusive ExpressLane feature.
- The HPE StoreFabric SN1200E 16Gb Host Bus Adapters provides near limitless scalability to support increased virtual machine (VM) density with 2x more on-chip resources and bandwidth than previous offerings.
- Improves the virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) end-user experience with low latency features providing noticeable improvements during boot storms (degradation of service that occurs when a significant number of end-users boot up within a very narrow time frame and overwhelm the network).
- Simplifies management and installation with OneCommand Manager plugin for VMware vCenter server.
- 16 Gb Single Port Fibre Channel Host Bus Adapter
- 16 Gb Dual Port Fibre Channel Host Bus Adapter
- Product dimensions (H x W x D): 4.75 x 0.845 x 7.31 in
- Weight: 5.43 oz