Do you need a fast disk-based backup and recovery solution that can grow with your business? The HPE RDX Removable Disk Cartridge is a rugged cartridge style hard disk drive. When paired with an internal or external docking station to provide easy off-site data protection and quick access to your most critical data. Backups are simple with drag and drop file access and fast disk based performance (up to 360 GB/hr). There is a choice of disk capacities ranging from 500 GB; 1 TB; 2 TB; 3 TB and 4 TB of data in a single cartridge. These long lasting removable disk cartridges are forward and backward compatible with all the HPE RDX USB 3.0 Internal and External Docking Stations; lowering your overall cost of ownership.
Outstanding Reliability and Durability
- The HPE RDX Removable Disk Cartridge is designed for over 5;000 load and unload cycles and designed for long life expectancy.
- Cartridges are tested to withstand a drop of 1 meter (39.4 in) making them more reliable for easy transport and store off-site for disaster recovery.
- These rugged; portable cartridges protect the hard drive inside supporting making transporting data between locations easy and more reliable.
Business Class Design Features
- The HPE RDX Removable Disk Cartridge has built-in static protection reducing server failures due to statically charged peripherals.
- Inner buffers designed to lower vibration for better read/write disk performance.
- Supports disk spanning so backup data can continue to grow across multiple cartridges.
- Fixed disk mode capabilities offering easy server operating system integration in a small business environment.
Easy to Own and Manage
- Each HPE RDX Removable Disk Cartridge is qualified and tested making it easy to integrate into your server; storage and networking environments.
- Compatibility across various operating systems and virtualization platforms makes it simple to adapt into any small business environment.
- Fixed disk mode capabilities offering easy automated backups via the native Microsoft Windows OS.
- 4 TB cartridge and backup system; increasing backup and recovery capacity by 33 percent over the previous generation.
- Choice of disk capacities ranging from 500 GB; 1 TB; 2 TB; 3 TB and 4 TB.
- Compatibility across various operating systems and virtualization platforms.
- Capacity: 3TB Without compression Without compression Without compression Depending on the drive and disk cartridge type
- Read speed; media: 30 MB/sec
- Transfer rate: 100 MB/sec; sustained transfer rate (native)
- Data access time: 12 Milliseconds
- Files systems; supported: FAT32; NTFS; ext2; ext3
- Load/unload cycles: 5000 Minimum
- Mean time between failures: 500;000 Hours @100% duty cycle
- Uncorrected error rate: 1 error per 10^14 bits read
- Drive Rotation Speed (RPM): 5400rpm
- Cartridge robustness: 1 m; 39.4 in (3 feet) drop to tile over concrete floor
- Form factor: 2.5 inch
- Drive compatibility: HPE RDX drives
- Drive compatibility url: https://hpe.com/storage/rdx
- LED indicators: Green - cartridge is ready Blinking Green - Activity (reading; writing; seeking) Amber - Fault detected
- Vibration: Sine vib 0.25G peak; 3-200 Hz (operational); random vib 1.54G RMS (non-operational)
- Operating temperature range: 41 to 113 degreeF
- Storage humidity: 10 to 90%; Non Condensing
- Product dimensions (H x W x D): 0.924 x 3.409 x 4.68 in
- Weight: 0.364 - 0.600 lb
- Warranty: 3-Year Warranty