The Lenovo 120 GB solid-state drives (SSDs) are next-generation Enterprise Value SSDs that are based on the Micron M500DC family of SSDs. The drives are engineered for greater performance and endurance in a cost-effective design; and to support a broader set of workloads. These SSDs are available as 2.5-inch form factor drives with both simple-swap (SS) and hot-swap (HS) options; as well as 3.5-inch hot-swap and 1.8-inch drives.
The next-generation Enterprise Value SSDs offer endurance of up to 2.4 DWPD for five years that is a substantial increase for Enterprise Value class SSDs and positions these drives to support larger data center workloads. Overall; these SSDs provide outstanding IOPS/watt and cost/IOPS for enterprise solutions and are an excellent choice for read-intensive and up to 70%/30% mixed read/write-intensive applications; such as web serving; hyperscale cloud; content delivery; caching; databases; and analytics.
Unlike client drives; these solid-state drives for System x are equipped with a robust suite of enterprise features; including Self-monitoring; analysis; and reporting technology (SMART) attributes and hot-plug support. They also use enterprise data path protection to verify data to and from NAND at every possible location and protect the integrity of the data. The NAND flash in these SSDs is screened and then tested specifically for enterprise customer use.
Providing that additional peace of mind; Enterprise Value MLC SSDs are covered under Lenovo warranty. These drives carry a 1-year limited warranty; or when installed in a supported Lenovo server; these drives assume your system's base warranty.
- 1.8-inch; 2.5-inch; and 3.5-inch industry standard form factors
- Support for a conventional 2.5-inch or 3.5-inch drive bay (2.5-inch or 3.5-inch SSDs; respectively) or eXFlash SSD drive bay or SSD drive bay on selected iDataPlex; BladeCenter; Flex System; and NeXtScale System servers (1.8-inch drives)
- 6 Gbps SATA interface
- Use of industry-leading Micron 20 nm MLC NAND technology
- Cost-effective MLC NAND technology with high read and write performance:
- Up to 65;000 read IOPS
- Up to 35;000 write IOPS
- Up to 425 MBps sequential read rate
- Up to 375 MBps sequential write rate
- Enterprise Data Path Protection to ensure NAND integrity
- Static and dynamic wear leveling
- Endurance: up to 1.9 PB of total bytes written (TBW) for an 800 GB drive
- Support for MegaRAID CacheCade feature of a supported ServeRAID controller
- Energy-saving 6 watt typical power consumption per drive
- Absence of moving parts reduces potential failure points in the server
- Native command queuing support
- Self-monitoring; analysis; and reporting technology (SMART) command set
- Hot-swap drive: Yes
- Form factor: 2.5-in.
- Interface: 6 Gbps SATA
- Capacity: 120 GB
- Endurance: 0.5 PB
- Data reliability: < 1 in 1015 bits read
- MTBF; hours: 2000000
- IOPS read: 63000
- IOPS write: 23000
- Sequential read rate: 425 MBps
- Sequential write rate: 200 MBps
- Read latency: 0.5 ms
- Write latency: 1.5 ms
- Shock; operating: 1500 G/0.5 ms
- Vibration; operating: 10-500 Hz at 3.1 G
- Typical power: 4 W
- Dimensions(H x W x D): 0.3 x 2.8 x 4.0 in./7 x 70 x 100 mm
- Weight: 74 g (0.2 lb.)