Combining performance and flexibility; the SR630 server is a great choice for small and medium businesses up to the large enterprise. It can provide outstanding uptime to keep business-critical applications and cloud deployments running safely. Ease of use and comprehensive systems management tools help make deployment easier. Outstanding reliability; availability and serviceability (RAS) and high-efficiency design improve your business environment and help save operational costs.
Scalability and performance
The SR630 server offers numerous features to boost performance; improve scalability and reduce costs:
- Improves productivity by offering superior system performance with the Intel Xeon Processor Scalable Family with up to 28-core processors; up to 38.5 MB of last level cache (LLC); up to 2666 MHz memory speeds and up to 10.4 GT/s Ultra Path Interconnect (UPI) links.
- Support for up to two processors; 56 cores and 112 threads allows to maximize the concurrent execution of multithreaded applications.
- Intelligent and adaptive system performance with energy efficient Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 Technology allows CPU cores to run at maximum speeds during peak workloads by temporarily going beyond processor thermal design power (TDP).
- Intel Hyper-Threading Technology boosts performance for multithreaded applications by enabling simultaneous multithreading within each processor core; up to two threads per core.
- Intel Virtualization Technology integrates hardware-level virtualization hooks that allow operating system vendors to better utilize the hardware for virtualization workloads.
- Intel Advanced Vector Extensions 512 (AVX-512) enable acceleration of enterprise-class and high performance computing (HPC) workloads.
- Helps maximize system performance for data intensive applications with up to 2666 MHz memory speeds and up to 3 TB of memory capacity (with the processors that support 1.5 TB per socket).
- Offers flexible and scalable internal storage in a 1U rack form factor with up to 12x 2.5-inch drives for performance-optimized configurations or up to 4x 3.5-inch drives for capacity-optimized configurations; providing a wide selection of SAS/SATA HDD/SSD and PCIe NVMe SSD types and capacities.
- Provides flexibility to use SAS; SATA; or NVMe PCIe drives in the same drive bays with a unique Any Bay design.
- Provides I/O scalability with the LOM slot; PCIe 3.0 slot for an internal storage controller and up to three PCI Express (PCIe) 3.0 I/O expansion slots in a 1U rack form factor.
- Reduces I/O latency and increases overall system performance with Intel Integrated I/O Technology that embeds the PCI Express 3.0 controller into the Intel Xeon Processor Scalable Family.
Availability and serviceability
The SR630 server provides many features to simplify serviceability and increase system uptime:
- Offers protection in the event of a non-correctable memory failure with Single Device Data Correction (SDDC; also known as Chip kill; requires x4-based DIMMs); Adaptive Double Device Data Correction (ADDDC; also known as Redundant Bit Steering [RBS]; requires x4-based DIMMs and Intel Xeon Gold or Platinum processors); memory mirroring and memory rank sparing.
- Provides easy access to upgrades and serviceable parts (such as processors; memory DIMMs and adapter cards) with tool-less cover removal.
- Offers data protection and greater system uptime with hot-swap drives supporting basic or advanced RAID redundancy.
- Provides availability for business-critical applications with redundant hot-swap power supplies and redundant hot-swap fans.
- Simplifies servicing; speeds up problem resolution and helps improve system availability with light path diagnostics.
- Allows preventive actions in advance of possible failure; thereby increasing server uptime and application availability with Proactive Platform Alerts (including PFA and SMART alerts) for processors; voltage regulators; memory; internal storage (SAS/SATA HDDs and SSDs; NVMe SSDs; M.2 storage; flash storage adapters); fans; power supplies; RAID controllers and server ambient and sub-component temperatures.
- Continuously monitors system parameters; triggers alerts and performs recovery actions in case of failure to minimize downtime with Built-in XClarity Controller (XCC).
- Provides quick access to system status; firmware; network; health and alerts information via Virtual Operator Panel from the XClarity Mobile App running on the Android or iOS mobile device that is connected to the front USB port with XClarity Controller access.
- Speeds up troubleshooting tasks to reduce service time with diagnostics built into the XClarity Provisioning Manager.
Manageability and security
Powerful systems management features simplify local and remote management of the SR630 server and deliver enterprise-class data protection:
- Provides advanced service processor control; monitoring and alerting functions with XClarity Controller; a next generation service processor.
- Improves Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI) system setup; configuration; updates; simplified error handling and operating system deployment with the embedded XClarity Provisioning Manager.
- Offers XClarity Essentials software tools that can help you set up; use and maintain the server.
- Increases uptime; reduces costs and improves productivity through advanced server management capabilities with Lenovo XClarity Administrator that provides comprehensive hardware management.
- Provides on-the-go monitoring and management of devices in XClarity Administrator from anywhere with the Lenovo XClarity mobile app; which can help improve efficiency and reduce downtime risks.
- Centralizes infrastructure resource management with Lenovo XClarity Integrators for VMware vCenter and Microsoft System Center; extending XClarity Administrator features to virtualization management software tools and enabling users to deploy and manage infrastructure end-to-end.
- Offers advanced cryptographic functionality (such as digital signatures and remote attestation) with an integrated Trusted Platform Module (TPM) or optional Trusted Cryptographic Module (TCM) or Nationz TPM (available only in PRC).
- Keeps user data safe with Lenovo Business Vantage; a security software tool suite designed to work with the Trusted Cryptographic Module (available only in PRC).
- Offers enterprise-class data protection with advanced RAID and optional self-encrypting drives.
- Provides faster; stronger encryption with industry-standard AES NI support.
- Helps prevent certain classes of malicious buffer overflow attacks with Intel Execute Disable Bit functionality; when combined with a supporting operating system.
- Enhances security through hardware-based resistance to malicious software attacks with Intel Trusted Execution Technology; allowing an application to run in its own isolated space; protected from all other software running on a system.
The SR630 server offers the following energy-efficiency features to save energy; reduce operational costs; increase energy availability and contribute to the green environment:
- Delivers impressive compute power per watt; featuring 80 PLUS Titanium and Platinum redundant power supplies.
- Enables customers to lower energy costs with design to meet ASHRAE A4 standards in select configurations.
- Reduces power drawn with Intel Intelligent Power Capability that powers individual processor elements on and off as needed.
- Helps reduce power consumption with variable speed fans.
- Helps achieve lower heat output and reduced cooling needs with Lenovo XClarity Energy Manager that provides advanced data center power notification; analysis and policy-based management.
- Intel Xeon processor (2 max): 1x 4114 10C; 85W 2.2GHz
- Memory RDIMM(24 max): 1x 16GB(2Rx8)
- Storage controller: None
- Drive bays(std /max): None(8x SFF base)
- Drives: None
- Eth.LOM: Open slot
- I/O slots(7 max): 2x PCIe x 8
- Power supply(2 max): 1x 750W Platinum
- XClarity Controller: Enterprise
- Front VGA port: Included
- Tool-less Rail Kit: Included
- CMA: Not included; optional.
- Power cord: R2.