Who’s in the garden? Are the kids doing their homework yet? Nest Cam is wire-free, so it goes almost anywhere, outside or in. It knows the difference between people, animals, and vehicles, so you can get the alerts that are important to you. Listen and speak through the camera right from the Google Home app. Check in anytime with 24/7 live view. If you miss a notification, you can always go back and see what happened with 3 hours of free event video history.1 And it’s easy to install yourself – no outlet or wires required.
Alerts for people, animals and vehicles
24/7 HDR video and night vision
Wire-free installation, outside or in
Records up to 1 hour, during a Wi-Fi or power outage
3 hours of free video history
Add more video history with Nest Aware
Check in anytime.
Know what’s happening at home 24/7. Nest Cam shows you live video in 1080p HD, so you can check up on things whenever you want, from anywhere.1
See clearly in any light.
HDR helps you see key details in bright, high-contrast sunlight, and night vision gives you a clear image even in low light and darkness.
Go back in time.
If you miss a notification or other event, you can go back and see what happened with 3 hours of free event video history.1 And you can always add a Nest Aware subscription to get up to 60 days of video history.
Talk to who’s there, from anywhere.
Talk and listen to people through the built-in speaker and mic.1 Tell your kids to stop running in the house, or say hello to your dog, just for fun.
Get alerts about the things that matter most.
Nest Cam will send you an alert when it spots a person, vehicle or animal.1 You can choose which alerts you get, so you’re only notified about things that are important to you.
Know if there’s a person nearby.
Nest Cam can tell the difference between a person or thing. If it sees a person, you’ll get an alert. It can even recognize familiar faces and tell you who’s there.
Choose the areas that matter most.
Activity Zones let you define specific areas and get notified when something happens there. So you only get alerted about things that are important to you.
Wi-Fi problems? Not a problem.
If your Wi-Fi goes down or there’s a power outage, Nest Cam will automatically store up to one hour of recorded events in its memory.1 When things are up and running again, you’ll be able to see exactly what happened.
Install it yourself.
Wire-free installation is easy. You can put Nest Cam almost anywhere you want, outside or in. And since it’s battery powered, you don’t need to install it near an outlet.
Accessories for any situation.
With a range of accessories,1 Nest Cam is designed to go almost anywhere you need it. If you’re putting Nest Cam outside and want continuous power and 24/7 video recording,2 add a weatherproof power cable. Or if you’re using it inside your home, you can add a stand that makes it easy to place anywhere.
Nest Cam works with Nest Hub to let you see your Nest Cam live feed on the Nest Hub display. You can also zoom in to get a closer look.
• 2-megapixel color sensor
• 130° diagonal field of view
• 6x digital zoom
• 16:9 aspect ratio
• Up to 1080p at 30 FPS, HDR
• 24/7 live view
• Night vision with HDR
• H.264 encoding
Includes up to 3 hours of event video history
• Captures and stores video clips of activity within the past 3 hours.
• With a Nest Aware subscription (sold separately), Nest Cam can capture and store up to 60 days of event video history.
Continuous video recording (up to 10 days of 24/7 video history) requires:
1) Connection to a continuous power source (check out available accessories)
2) A Nest Aware Plus subscription (sold separately)
• High-quality speaker and microphone
• Full-duplex 2-way audio with noise cancellation
• Single motion sensor
• 110° horizontal field of view
• Up to 25 ft (7.5 m)
• Up to 20 ft (6.10 m) illumination
• 6 high-power 850 nm infrared LEDs
• 802.11a/b/g/n (2.4GHz/5GHz) Wi-Fi
• WEP, WPA, WPA2, WPA3 encryption supported
• Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE)
• On-device machine learning
• Secure boot
• Automatic security updates
• 128-bit AES encryption with TLS/SSL
• Built-in magnetometer sensor
Ports and Connectors
• Nest Cam uses a proprietary magnetic connector
• Built-in rechargeable 6 Ah, 3.65V lithium-ion battery
• Included 3.3 ft (1 m) indoor rated charging cable
• Included 7.5W USB-A power adapter
• Nest Cam weatherproof cables (available in 5 m and 10 m) and other power options available (sold separately)
• Mounts to wall with 2 screws
• Sticks magnetically to a metallic surface
• Nest Cam stand available separately
• -4°F to 104°F (-20°C to 40°C)
• Weather-resistant (IP54)
• RGB status LED
Dimensions and Weight (Camera)
• Length: 3.27 in (8.3 cm)
• Diameter: 3.27 in (8.3 cm)
• Weight: 14.04 oz (398 g)
Dimensions and Weight (Magnetic Mount)
• Diameter: 3.24 in (8.2 cm)
• Wall mount: 3.3 oz (94.7 g)
• Wall plate: 0.27 oz (7.7 g)
• Mount + plate: 3.6 oz (102.4 g)
• Nest Cam is sustainably designed with 47% post-consumer recycled material across all its plastic mechanical parts.
• English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian, Spanish, Swedish
• 1-year limited warranty (details in box)