Experience The Most Versatile And Easy To Manage Switches In The Market
Insight Managed Smart Cloud switches are the first switches from NETGEAR with anywhere configuration and management. Using either the NETGEAR Insight app on your mobile device or tablet; or the Insight Cloud Portal from your PC; Mac; or tablet; you can quickly discover; setup; monitor and manage your Insight Managed Switches; Wireless Access Points; and Business-class ReadyNAS storage devices; from anywhere! With their remote cloud manageability; sleek design; Gigabit Ethernet; 1G SFP and 10G SFP+ fiber ports; Insight Managed Smart Cloud Switches are the most versatile switches in the market for any environment. Whether at home; out of the office or on a business trip; you can still manage and monitor your network as if you were right there; all from the palm of your hand and from anywhere in the world!
Remote Network Connectivity & Management With Net gear Insight Management Solution
Instant discovery and set-up
Centralized network configuration polices with auto-join and configure (zero-touch provisioning)
Multi-site/remote network management and monitoring with single pane-of-glass view
No additional cloud controller; appliance; network manager; or PC/server is necessary
Build A Future-Proof Network With Net gear Insight Managed Switches
Solid performance with a non-blocking architecture (up to 140Gb/s network fabric)
Comprehensive IPv6 management; QoS and ACL support; ensuring investment protection and a smooth migration to IPv6-based networking
GC728XP/GC752XP provide PoE+ (802.3at) on all Gigabit Ethernet ports; with advanced per-port PoE controls (set specific power budget per-port in addition to automatic class-defined) and PoE scheduling plus timers
390W (GC728XP) and 505W (GC752XP) PoE+ power budgets; with the flexibility to serve power-hungry devices such as 11ac Wireless APs; VoIP voice and video phones; security/surveillance cameras including PTZ; and other IoT devices
Dedicated SFP ports on all models support long-distance uplinks or can be used for redundancy and failover; improving reliability and availability for network virtualization
Energy Efficient Ethernet (IEEE 802.3az) support for more energy savings now and in the future as more EEE-compliant end devices come to market
Advanced QoS with IPv4/IPv6 ingress traffic filtering (ACLs) and prioritization (CoS)
Dynamic VLAN assignment for easy user authentication and location-independent access to network
IPV4 & IPV6 static routing allow for a simple way to provide segmentation of the network with internal routing through the switch - reserving the router for external traffic routing only; making the entire network more efficient.
Fully-Integrated Cloud-Manageable Devices
NETGEAR Insight Managed switches are fully-integrated; cloud-manageable devices; and therefore require no additional hardware (cloud keys; network portals; local servers; VPN or proxy appliances etc.) to directly connect to the cloud and allow remote management. Just plug the switch into your network and the internet; use the Insight app to discover and add the device to your cloud managed network; and you're now connected. No additional hardware; no software or server to setup; nothing; just connect and go.
Plenty Of Poe Power For All Of Your Needs
On GC728XP/GC752XP; all 24 and 48 Gigabit Ethernet copper ports support PoE+ (802.3at) with total PoE budgets of 390W (GC728XP) and 505W (GC752XP) for power-hungry devices of today and the future. And now with remote PoE scheduling; you have complete control over your PoE connected devices; all from the Insight management solution!
Clean; Sleek And Whisper Quiet Designs
Insight Managed Smart Cloud switches have a modern; clean design; with a full complement of LEDs including power; cloud connection; PoE max; and fan status; as well as per port connection/link status and PoE power status1. All models have whisper quiet fan(s); a Kensington lock receptacle; and are rack-mountable with the included rack-mount kit.
Dedicated Sfp/Sfp+ Fiber Uplinks
Dedicated SFP and SFP+ ports provide 1G and 10G fiber uplinks without sacrificing any downlink copper Gigabit Ethernet port; and across long distances. 2 SFP 1G ports per model and additional 2 SFP+ 10G ports provide not only redundant uplinks; but can also build dual redundancy by a trunked uplink with link aggregation and failover.
Remote Monitoring And Management From Anywhere
With the NETGEAR Insight management solution; you can setup; manage; and monitor all of your networks and multiple locations from anywhere; anytime and any device (smartphone or tablet with Insight mobile app or PC; Mac; or tablet with the Insight Cloud Portal*). Check network status; view dashboards for network health and activity; power cycle PoE-connected devices; and update firmware remotely. With the Insight Cloud service; the Insight mobile app or the Insight Cloud web portal*; you can update firmware on your Insight Managed devices directly from the cloud; from anywhere in the world!
Advanced L2+/L3 Lite Smart Switch Features
Insight Managed Smart Cloud switches support a full suite of advanced L2+/L3 Lite switching features for everything from a simple network to a highly complex one; and are designed to meet current and future needs of fully converged network. Advanced features include include VLANs; LAGs; QoS; ACLs; IPv6 support; IPv4 & IPv6 Static Routing; IGMP snooping; multicast; STP/RSTP/MSTP; rate limiting; advanced per port PoE controls; PoE scheduling; and more.
Dynamic Vlan Assignment
IP phones and PCs can authenticate on the same port but under different VLAN assignment policies. Users are free to move around and enjoy the same level of network access regardless of their physical location in the network.
Comprehensive Qos Features
Advanced controls for optimized network performance and better delivery of mission-critical traffic such as voice and video. Ingress and egress rate limiting allows for bandwidth shaping for mitigating network resources constraints or for optimizing guest access bandwidth on the network.
- Port-based or VLAN 802.1p-based prioritization
- Layer 3-based (DSCP) prioritization
- Port-based egress rate limiting
Ensure no exchange of unicast; broadcast; or multicast traffic between the protected ports on the switch; therefore; improve the security of your converged network where your sensitive phone conversation can stay private and your surveillance video clips can be forwarded to their designated storage device without leakage or alteration.
Loop Prevention / Auto Dos Prevention
Detect and prevent accidental network loops and protect against DoS (Denial of Service) attacks.
For better and quicker network diagnostics and troubleshooting.
Network-Centric Configuration And Management
NETGEAR Insight Managed switches and Wireless Access Points using NETGEAR Insight allow for cross-device automated configuration of VLANs; QoS; ACLs and LAGs. Auto-join and configure (zero-touch provisioning) allows for additional devices added to the network to automatically inherit the network configuration parameters for seamless integration. Firmware updates are done through NETGEAR Insight directly to the device; from anywhere in the world!
Build Your Network With Future In Mind
Ensure investment protection and a smooth migration to IPv6-based network without switch replacement with comprehensive IPv6 support for management; QoS; and ACLs. Facilitate fast receiver joins and leaves for multicast streams. Save cost and improve network efficiency by ensuring multicast traffic only reaches designated receivers without the need of an extra multicast router.
Robust Security Features
Build a secured; converged network with all types of traffic by preventing external attacks and blocking malware while allowing secure access for authorized users.
- 802.1x authentication§
- DHCP Snooping
- Port-based security by locked MAC
- ACL filtering to permit or deny traffic based on MAC and IP addresses
Auto Voice And Auto Video
Automatic Voice over IP prioritization with Auto-VoIP simplifies most complex multi-vendor IP telephones deployments either based on protocols (SIP; H323 and SCCP) or on OUI bytes (default database and user based OUIs) in the phone source MAC address; providing the best class of service to VoIP streams (both data and signaling) over other ordinary traffic by classifying traffic; and enabling correct egress queue configuration. When deployed IP phones are LLDP-MED compliant; the Voice VLAN will use LLDP-MED to pass on the VLAN ID; 802.1P priority and DSCP values to the IP phones; accelerating convergent deployments.
Port Trunking / Link Aggregation (Lag)
Build up bigger bandwidth to support aggregated uplink/downlink traffic. Automatically configures across Insight Managed devices.
Allows IT administrators to increase network security; better utilize network resources and conserve energy by scheduling or remotely controlling on/off of PoE ports.
- Auto Negotiation of speed and duplex modes
- IEEE 802.3x Flow Control
- Dynamic MAC address management
- IEEE 802.1Q-based VLAN
- Auto Voice VLAN
- Auto Video VLAN
- QoS based on WRR; strict priority; or both
- Port-based and IEEE 802.1p-based QoS
- TCP/UDP-based QoS
- IPv4 and IPv6-based QoS
- DSCP Support
- Rate Limiting (ingress; or egress)
- Link Aggregation and LACP
- IPv4 and IPv6 static routing
- MAC lockdown
- MAC lockdown by number of MACs
- IEEE 802.1x port authentication (MD5; EAP; PEAP)
- Dynamic VLAN Assignment
- Guest VLAN
- Trusted MAC
- IPv4; L4-based Access Control List (ACL)
- IPv6-based ACL
- IGMP snooping; v1; v2 and v3
- IGMP snooping queried
- Blocking of unknown multicast traffic
- MLD snooping
- IEEE 802.1D; IEEE 802.1w RSTP and MSTP
- Option to enable/disable BPDU flooding when STP is disabled
Reliability; Performance and Troubleshooting
- Port mirroring both on ingress and egress traffic
- Jumbo frame support
- Broadcast Storm Control
- Cable diagnostics
- Loop Detection & Prevention
- DoS Prevention
- IEEE 802.1ab LLDP
- Option to enable/disable the flooding of EAPOL when 802.1x is disabled
- Protected ports
- DNS client
- DHCP clients
- DHCP snooping
- Ping and traceroute client
- Energy Efficient Ethernet (IEEE 802.3az) compliant
- Insight mobile app or Insight Cloud Portal (Network-centric management)
- Cloud/remote setup; configuration; management; monitoring; and troubleshooting
- Device auto-join and configure (zero-touch provisioning)
- Multi-site; multi-network single pane-of-glass view
- Multi-switch; multi-port concurrent configuration
- Network/global password (for all Insight Managed devices on a network)
- IP Access List
- Configurable management VLAN
- Admin access control via RADIUS and TACACS+
- IPv6 management
- SNTP client over UDP port 123
- SNMP v1/v2c
- SNMP v3 with multiple IP addresses
- RMON group 1;2;3;9
- uPnP Discovery & Bonjour Discovery
- Local-only web browser-based management GUI (for debugging or very advanced configuration parameters)§
- SSL/HTTPS Web-based access (version)
- TLS Web-based access (version)
- Firmware upgrade through the Cloud using NETGEAR Insight
- Firmware update through TFTP/HTTP (using local web browser-based management GUI)
- Firmware update fromt USB storage device (using local web browser-based management GUI)
- Dual software (firmware) image
- Memory and flash log
- Syslog (RFC 3164)
- Gigabit copper ports: 48
- Gigabit SFP ports: SFP Ports: 2 (dedicated); 10G SFP+ Ports: 2 (dedicated)
- Bandwidth (full-duplex): 140 Gbps
- Buffer size (dynamically shared across ports in use): 2 MB
- MAC address database size (48-bit MAC addresses): 16K
- VLAN (number supported): 256
- VLAN routing: Yes
- Dynamic VLAN assignment: Yes
- MLD Snooping: Yes
- Static routes: 32 (IPv4) / 31 (IPv6)
- Link Aggregation / Port Trunking: LACP (802.3ad Dynamic Link Aggregation) & Manual Static LAG
- Number of LAGs & number of members: 24 LAGS with max 8 members in each LAG
- Number of priority queues: 8
- Supported multicast groups: 512
- DoS prevention: Yes
- Loop detection/prevention: Yes
- Jumbo frame support: Up to 9K packets
- EEE (IEEE 802.3az): Yes
- Power supply: Internal: 100-240VAC; 50-60Hz; 1A max (power cord localized to country of sale)
- Max power (worst case; all ports used; line-rate traffic): 43.9W
- Fan(s): 1
- Acoustic noise level 25 degreeC (dBA): 25 dBA
- Operating temperature: 0 degree to 50 degreeC (32 degree to 122 degreeF)
- MTBF ( 25 degreeC): 1;360;115 hrs. (155 yrs.)
- Electromagnetic compliance (A or B): Class A
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 440 x 224 x 44 mm (17.3 x 8.8 x 1.7 in)
- Weight: 3.16 kg (6.97 lb.)
- Warranty: 5-year