The AG-HMC70 provides entry-level professionals with an easy-to-use, high-quality, solid-state HD recording solution at an affordable price.
As the first shoulder-mount camcorder in Panasonic's professional AVCHD line-up, the HMC70 utilizes the new AVCHD High Profile video codec, which offers similar image quality to HDV 1080i at about half the bandwidth. This second-generation, affordable HD format offers longer recording times and half the storage requirement of older systems.
As easy to use as a digital camera, the HMC70 records onto standard SD/SDHC cards to assure a fast tapeless production workflow. It gives you fast access to content without fast forward or rewinding, and footage is immediately available to editing systems without the ingest delay and additional cost of a playback deck. SD and SDHC cards are widely available, and content can be played back in AVCHD-compatible consumer products with SD card slots, including Blu-ray players (Panasonic DMP-BD10AK Blu-ray Disc? Player), Sony Playstation 3, computers (using an AVHCD decoder software), and a growing number of large HD flat screen displays and front or rear-screen projectors.
Using just one 16GB SDHC memory card, the HMC70 can record over 2.6 hours at 13Mbps, the HMC70's highest quality mode, or up to 6 hours at 6Mbps, the camera's extended recording mode.
- 1/4 inch 3-CCD progressive image system with excellent sensitivity, superb color reproduction and resolution
- Optical Image Stabilization (O.I.S.) that ensures stable images, critical to high definition video display
- 12X 38.5mm to 462mm (35mm equivalent) Leica Dicomar wide-angle zoom lens
- Captures 2.1 Megapixal still images, even while recording motion video
- Professional audio connection including two locking XLR inputs with switches for mic/line, +48V Phantom Power, Auto/Manual level, mic attenuation, and front/rear assignment
- HD component (Y/Pb/Pr BNC) connection to send live widescreen video to a projector or flat screen display
- Stable, lightweight, shoulder-mount design (6 pounds)
- Supported by leading NLE software that allows content to be edited and rendered to almost any format or media
- Comes standard with HD Writer 2.5 software (for PC), a 2GB SD card and a 2640 mA battery
- Edius Neo 2 edit software included in carton (Through March 2010)