Introducing the AG-HSC1U, the world's smallest 3-chip AVCHD camcorder with professional features. Weighing only 1.1 lbs., this compact, handheld camcorder records beautiful, highly-accurate 1080i images in 16:9 in the new AVCHD format onto an SDHC memory card. Entry-level professionals will find the camcorder ideal for capturing natural, professional-level high definition recordings. The AG-HSC1U features a highly-sensitive 12X Leica Dicomar lens system with Optical Image Stabilizer to ensure ultra-steady, crisp shooting of both moving pictures and still images. The camcorder has a 3" widescreen (16:9) LCD monitor and 5.1-channel surround sound five-microphone system. It can also capture 2.1 megapixel 16:9 still pictures even during video recording.
The AG-HSC1U comes standard with a portable 40GB media storage unit for off-loading content from the 4GB SDHC memory card. The 40GB hard disk drive can hold the contents of ten 4GB SDHC memory cards and has a built-in rechargeable battery. The camera also comes standard with a 4GB SDHC memory card and a one-year parts and labor warranty.
- 12X Leica Dicomar Lens with smooth, slow zoom & built in Lens Cap
- F1.8 - 2.8 f=4mm - 48mm, (35mm equivalent 38.5 - 462mm), Filter diameter size: 43 mm
- No tape mechanism, heads, guides, pinch rollers or dropouts for trouble-free performance
- Faster record startup. (only 1.7 seconds from the time the monitor is opened)
- Fast, accurate Auto Focus with no hunting! (Manual Focus as well)
- No noise from a tape or disc transport to get into the on-board microphone
- Super directivity Zoom Mic function. 2 channel external Mic input (3.5mm phone jack)
- Uses the latest compression scheme (MPEG-4 AVC/H.264)
- Five program AE modes in manual mode, Fades to Black or White with Audio Fade
- Three modes of Audio: Auto / Manual / Manual + AGC audio levels
- Directional keys make it easy to navigate the On-Screen Menu (center button is enter key)
- Color reproduction optimized for professional use with natural and accurate colors
- Graphite gray body color suppresses reflections