The Rokinon Cine DS 24mm T1.5 Full Frame Wide Angle Cine Lens is one of Rokinon's newly introduced 2nd generation of cine lenses under its CINE DS line. The Rokinon Cine DS lineup has 3 primary advantages: 1) All of the gears are unified among all Rokinon Cine DS lenses. The focus and aperture gears are exactly aligned so that the user does not have to re-adjust his/her follow focus when swapping out lenses. 2) The new Cine DS lenses now feature dual focusing scales, one on each side. 3) All of the Cine DS lenses are tested to be color matched to provide the same color & contrast in video production.
Utilizing a multi-layer coating process for consistent color rendition from lens to lens the Rokinon 24mm T1.5 Cine DS Lens answers the challenge of assembling a set of lenses over time. Features industry standard geared focus and iris rings that share common position with other Rokinon Cine DS lenses. To aid focus pullers who have to work both sides of the lens, the aperture and focus scales are marked on both sides of the lens.
This 24mm lens produces a 84.1 degree coverage when used with full frame cameras. Hybrid aspherical lenses render sharply defined images with a minimum of distortion and chromatic aberrations, with a minimum focus distance of just under 10" from the lens. A removable petal shaped lens hood provides flare protection when shooting without a matte box, the lenses threaded front accepts a 77mm filter ring. Please note that some cameras may require that Shutter Lock be disengaged when using this lens.
- 24mm lens with approximate angle of view of:
- Full-Frame: 84.1 degrees
- APS-C: 57.6 degrees
- Ultra Multi Coated lenses minimize flare and ghosting, and the lenses are color matched to a standard eliminating the need to acquire an entire set of lenses at the same time.
- Industry-standard gearing for focus and aperture rings. Each lens in the Rokinon DS series share common focus and iris gear ring positions, which speeds up lens changes as accessories such as follow focus units or iris motors don't have to be re-positioned.
- "De-clicked" aperture ring for smooth iris pulls.
- A minimum focusing distance of 9.8" allows you to get up close to your subject.
- A removable petal-type lens hood provides flare protection without a matte box.
Rokinon Cine DS Lens Chart
Engineered and optimized for cine and video, Cine DS lenses offer new features including:
1) Unified focus and aperture gear positions for reduced follow focus system adjustment with faster lens changes.
2) Dual calibrated right and left side distance and T-stop scales enable an assistant to pull focus and aperture from either side of the lens.
3) All of the Cine DS lenses are tested to be tightly color matched to a standard for consistent color and contrast in video production.
With non-rotating front lens elements and pleasing bokeh, these high performing prime lenses unleash the full imaging potential of Full Frame, APS-C and Four Thirds sensor cameras.
Manufactured in Korea, Rokinon lenses utilize an aluminum alloy chassis, specialized glass types and coating techniques, including Nano Coating, to produce serious tools for photographers and videographers who appreciate high image quality with quiet, silky smooth and complete focusing control.
- Model: DS24M-S
- Focal Length: 24mm
- Maximum Aperture: T1.5
- Coverage: Full Frame (FX)
- Optical Construction: 13 Glass Elements In 12 Groups
- Aperture Range: T1.5 to T22
- Diaphragm Blades: 8
- Coating: Ultra Multi-Coating
- Minimum Focusing Distance: 9.8 " (0.25m)
- Filter Size: 77mm
- Lens Hood: Removable Petal Shaped
- Maximum Diameter: 3.27" (83mm)
- Weight: 21.5oz (609g)
- Length: 3.82" (97mm)