The Seagate 1200.2 SSD family includes the next-generation of high-capacity; high-performance SAS SSDs designed with multiple endurance offerings optimized for demanding enterprise applications and maximum TCO savings
Industry Leading Performance up to 1900MB/s
The 1200.2 SAS SSD family delivers ultra-fast; consistent and easily scalable performance that exceeds 12Gb/s SAS single port bandwidth. By removing the storage bottleneck; it closes the gap between processor and data storage performance and significantly improves overall system and application responsiveness. The 1200.2 SAS SSD family also provides consistent low-latency data access; reliably accelerating enterprise and cloud storage systems.
High Capacity Solution with Multiple Endurance Offerings
Enterprise applications have different storage workload requirements for performance; endurance and cost. The optimal storage solution for databases or virtualization with a typically mixed read/write workload; for example; requires the highest random read/write IOPS; ultra-low latency and high endurance; content streaming applications with highly intensive read workloads; however; demand high sequential read throughput and high storage density at the lowest cost per gigabyte.
The 1200.2 SAS SSD family offers; industry-leading range of capacities including 4TB-class in a 2.5-inch form factor; to increase enterprise storage density in data centers. It also enables the maximum TCO savings by offering four endurance categories to match cost and performance requirements of all enterprise workloads.
Enhanced Enterprise Reliability; Data Protection and Security
The 1200.2 SAS SSD family leverages Seagate's decades of enterprise SAS expertise and proven feature set to deliver the highest levels of reliability; data integrity and data security for mission critical enterprise applications.
The 1200.2 SAS SSD family delivers best-in-class data protection and reliability by integrating full internal and external data path protection (T10 DIF); Seagate's advanced ECC algorithms; media life cycle management and other techniques for extending flash memory life. With advanced power-loss data protection; the 1200.2 SSD maintains high data integrity to help prevent loss of user data in the event of unexpected power interruptions.
The 1200.2 family implements security features to prevent unauthorized access to a drive and safeguards stored data with three levels of security; including Secure Downloads & Diagnostics; TCG-compliant Self-Encrypting Drive and FIPS drive.
- Dual port 12Gb/s SAS interface for the highest level of enterprise reliability; availability and scalability
- Industry-leading storage density range including 4TB-class capacity in a 2.5-inch form factor
- Ultra-fast performance of up to 1900MB/s that nearly saturates both 12Gb/s ports
- Endurance options to match the needs of a wide range of enterprise workloads
- SAS dual-port communication path for redundant; failover I/O communication to ensure data availability in critical production systems
- Power loss data protection circuit to help prevent loss of data in the event of unexpected power interruptions or hot swap
- Superior data security including Secure Downloads & Diagnostics and Seagate Secure Self Encrypting Drive (SED) and FIPS SED models
- Advanced error correction for high level of data integrity
- Interface: Dual 12Gb/s SAS
- NAND Flash Type: eMLC
- Form Factor: 2.5 in × 7mm
- Sequential Read (MB/s) Peak; 128KB (Dual port/Single port): 1550/1100
- Sequential Write (MB/s) Peak; 128KB: 600
- Random Read (IOPS) Peak; 4KB QD32: 200;000
- Random Write (IOPS) Peak; 4KB QD32: 120;000
- Average Latency (µs): 115
- Lifetime Endurance (DWPD): 25
- Nonrecoverable Read Errors per Bits Read: 1 per 10E17
- Annualized Failure Rate (AFR): 0.35%
- +5/+12V Max Start Current (A): 0.44/0.41
- Average Sleep Power (W): 2.7
- Configurable Power Limit Settings (W): 9 to 12
- Average Idle Power (W): 3.5
- Temperature; Operating Internal ( degreeC): 0 to 70
- Temperature; Nonoperating ( degreeC): -40 to 75
- Temperature Change Rate/Hr.; Max ( degreeC): 20
- Relative Humidity; Noncondensing (%): 5 to 95
- Shock; 0.5ms (Gs): 1000
- Vibration; 10Hz to 500Hz (Grms): 1.98
- Height (in/mm; max): 0.276/7.00
- Width (in/mm; max): 2.760/70.10
- Depth (in/mm; max): 3.955/100.45
- Weight (lb./g): 0.1764/80