In adventure segments; players can watch the story unfold through 'visual novel'-style scenes and dialogue between characters therein. There are some instances where a player would have to select a destination and various events can happen.
The exact sequence of actions in a chain is unique to the unit performing it and may include healing and buffing. New action chains can be learned by leveling up and more actions are added to existing chains each unit knows over time. When it's used; the screen will display either the 'normal' or 'charge' rings.
- Return to the World of Utawarerumono - Mask of Truth is an 80+ hours long experience that features more fascinating characters; dastardly creatures; exotic locales and important battles than ever before!
- A Grand Tale Ends - The rich Utawarerumono visual novel tradition continues in Mask of Truth. The landscape has changed and there are new nations; people and truths to discover during this uncertain time. The dramatic events of Mask of Deception have set up the story for a climactic and thrilling conclusion in Mask of Truth.
- Fight for the Rightful Heir of the Yamato Throne - Turn-based tactics make a return and an updated battle system make fights both strategic and fast paced! Utilize new extended Action Chains; a higher-level cap and more to gain the upper hand on the battlefield.
- Additionally; certain characters can team up and dish out some devastating offense with Co-op Final and Co-op Chain attacks. There's also now a Mock Battle mode that can be used to practice new combat tactics and gain EXP/BP.
- Languages - The story will be told in its powerful original Japanese voice acting with English subtitles.
- Media: Video Game
- Platform: PlayStation 4
- Dimensions: 1.4 x 5.5 x 7 inches
- Weight: 4.2 ounces