A world of wonder awaits you
Ultra-Optimized optics create yet another incredible image
Uncompromised image quality
Infinitely clear images, high quality AF and image stabilization bring out the intrinsic potential of the lens.
The new SP 15-30mm F/2.8 Di VS USD G2 (Model A041) is a high-speed F/2.8 ultra-wide-angle zoom lens that inherits the outstanding image quality established from its predecessor, Model A012. By utilizing specialty glass materials and aspherical lens elements in the new Model A041, Tamron’s engineers have further minimized the distortion and lateral chromatic aberration that can be an issue with wide-angle shooting. The lens also has triple lens coatings consisting of the newly developed AX (Anti-reflection eXpand) Coating, plus eBAND (Extended Bandwidth & Angular-Dependency) and BBAR (Broad-Band Antireflection) Coatings, which all combine to provide sharp and clear images even in peripheral areas. The Model A041 lens features high precision AF technology and a powerful VC (Vibration Compensation) mechanism that provides 4.5 stops (CIPA-rated). A rear filter holder (for Canon EF-mount only) comes as a standard feature, making the use of filters much easier, and features such as Moisture-Resistant Construction and a newly developed Fluorine Coating with enhanced durability, enhance your confidence in shooting under adverse conditions.
- Super high-quality high-speed ultra-wide-angle zoom lens:
By incorporating an XGM (eXpanded Glass Molded Aspherical) lens element and multiple LD (Low Dispersion) lens elements to curtail distortion and lateral chromatic aberrations, Tamron has achieved a degree of resolution throughout the range that is just as good as a fixed focal length lens.
- The newly developed AX (Anti-reflection eXpand) Coating combined with eBand and BBAR coatings enable unsurpassed curtailment of ghosting and flare and consequently enabling superlative, exceptionally clear image quality edge to edge
- Dual MPU system for AF and VC
- Newly developed VC mechanism now reaches 4.5 stops of image stabilization (CIPA-rated)
- Rear filter holder on Canon mount model
- Moisture-Resistant Construction
- Vastly improved highly durable Fluorine Coating
- Compatible with TAMRON TAP-in Console
Model Name A041 Filter Diameter Rear on Canon mount only
The newly developed AX Coating enables clear images
The new AX (Anti-reflection eXpand) Coating developed by Tamron using specialized deposition technology has enabled a uniform coating to be applied to the convex surface of large curvatures lenses, thereby resolving the major difficulty of applying a uniform coating edge to edge on a strong convex surface. This AX Coating, coupled with a nanotechnology-based eBAND Coating, and BBAR Coating, thereby enabling unsurpassed curtailment of ghosting and consequently enabling superlative, exceptionally clear image edge to edge.
Impressive high AF performance and image stabilization
In order to engage the full optical performance of the lens, it is essential to control the slightest blue and precise focusing. In this respect, the lens applies a Dual MPU (Micro-Processing Unit), which includes two dedicated MPUs, one for lens system control including AF, and the other for vibration compensation processing. AF speed and precision have been enhanced and image stabilization has been vastly improved, reaching 4.5 stops according to CIPA standards. Even for handheld shooting, the blur that often arises in low-light conditions is effectively controlled.
Images Taken with: Tamron SP 15-30 F/2.8 Di VC USD G2
New Fluorine Coating for improved durability
The durability of the front element coating is greatly improved with the development of new Fluorine Coating. The lens surface is easier to wipe clean and is less vulnerable to the damaging effects of dirt, dust, moisture, and fingerprints. With this improved durability, your important lenses can now be safely protected on a long-term basis.
The Rear filter holder enables greater creative flexibility
A filter holder that allows you to attach gelatin filters to the rear side of the lens is included as a standard feature (for Canon EF-mount only). You can now shoot with filters much more easily traditionally rather difficult when shooting with ultra-wide-angle lenses with large front lens elements.
For greater protection when shooting outdoors, leak-resistant seals throughout the lens barrel help protect your equipment.
Tamron TAP-in Console
Optional Compatibility with the Tamron's TAP-in Console lets you easily update firmware and customize the lens by making fine adjustments to AF-focusing positions, and more.
- Model: A041
- Focal Length: 15-30mm
- Max. Aperture: F/2.8
- Optical Construction: 18 elements in 13 groups
- MOD: 0.28m(11in) Full Zoom Range
- Max. Mag. Ratio: 1:5(f=30mm)
- Max. Diameter: 98.4mm
- Length: 145mm Canon(5.7in) | 142.5mm Nikon(5.6in)
- Weight: 39.2oz(Canon) | 38.8oz(Nikon)
- Aperture Blades: 9(circular diaphragm)
- Min. Aperture: F/22
- Image Stabilization Performance: 4.5 Stops(TELE)| (CIPA Standards Compliant)|For Canon: EOS-5D MKII is used | For Nikon: D810 is used
- Standard Accessories: Integrated flower-shaped hood, Lens caps (push0oon front)
- Compatible Mounts: Canon EF mount, Nikon