This OPEN BOX product you are browsing has been inspected by our qualified technicians to ensure that it meets factory specifications and includes all factory packed accessories. It is guaranteed to be in perfect working order but it is sold in "AS IS" condition (for example, the box may be torn, there may be cosmetic scratches, etc), returns will not be accepted unless the item is found to be defective. Please contact us with any questions BEFORE placing an order. We accept PayPal and all major credit cards. We do our best to describe each item we are selling to the best of our ability. Bear in mind that the item is sold as-is.
Use the "contact us" page to request additional information or images on this product
Plug-and-play installationdashboard quickly guides you through the process of adding users, setting up data access, creating shared folders and scheduling backups.
The easy set up process allows you to integrate WD Sentinel into your office network like a pro. The administration
The LCD display panel on the front of the device allows you to monitor the system status and critical alerts. Ongoing maintenance is minimal and the dashboard provides a full view into the health of the system.
Low cost of ownership
WD Sentinel offers cost effective, data protection for your small office environment. It includes the software you need to protect up to 25 client computers in your network and unlike other products in this category, you don't need to purchase additional backup software licenses for each additional computer.
Comprehensive data protection
WD Sentinel offers comprehensive data protection for your small office network with WD's enterprise-class WD RE drives, RAID levels 1 or 5, automatic backup and restore, dual gigabitethernet ports, an optional backup power supply and optional off-site disaster recovery services.
To replace or add a drive, just open the door and swap out the drives. WD Sentinel does the rest. It seamlessly migrates the server to the appropriate RAID level and automatically expands the server's storage capacity with no down time. As your business grows you can also increase your storage capacity without requiring any technical know-how.
Partnerships with industry leaders
WD Sentinel combines hardware and software from industry leaders. It features enterprise-class RAID edition hard drives from WD and an Intel Atom dual core processor, and it's powered by Windows Storage Server 2008 R2 Essentials software to deliver a reliable, secure and easy-to-manage storage server for small office environments.
The ultra-fast Gigabit Ethernet interface delivers read and write speeds up to 85 MB/s. That's three times faster than a typical NAS solution (Performance of a typical NAS solution is 30MB/s).
Secure remote access
With built-in secure remote access, employees, clients or vendors can access the files on the WD Sentinel from any computer with an Internet connection.
Built-in DLNA media server
The built-in DLNA media server enables you to stream your shared media library and digital signage within your office network or over the Internet.
If you need a little help from an expert, we'll take care of you! WD Guardian Services provides free customer support to all WD Sentinel owners. We also offer additional levels of affordable, hasslefree technical support and extended warranty plans.
- Creating a secure small office network for up to 25 computers.
- Protecting your critical business data with comprehensive data protection ? WD drives, RAID, automatic backup, dual Ethernet ports, optional power supply and optional disaster recovery
- Setting up automatic backups for up to 25 computers
- Restoring files to their previous location in the event of a system failure
- Providing secure remote access to satellite offices and employees who work remotely
- Offering cross platform file sharing with Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems
- Connecting and powering through your USB interface
- Gigabit Ethernet (2 ports)
- USB 3.0 (2 ports)
- 2-drive systems, Pre-configured RAID1
- 4-drive systems, Pre-configured RAID5
- Height: 8.10 in (208 mm)
- Depth: 8.80 in (223 mm)
- Width: 6.30 in (160 mm)
- Weight: 10.7 lb (4.88 kg)
- Operating temperature 5?C to 35?C
- Non-op. temperature -40?C to 65?C
Client OS Compatibility
- Windows XP with service pack 3, 32-bit versions only
- Windows Vista with service pack 2, all 32-bit or 64-bit platforms
- Windows 7, all 32-bit or 64-bit platforms
- File sharing support for Mac OS X
- 10.5.x, Mac OS X 10.6.x, Linux/Unix
- 3 years - worldwide