This OPEN BOX product you are browsing has been inspected by our qualified technicians to ensure that it meets factory specifications and includes all factory packed accessories. It is guaranteed to be in perfect working order but it is sold in "AS IS" condition (for example, the box may be torn, there may be cosmetic scratches, etc), returns will not be accepted unless the item is found to be defective. Please contact us with any questions BEFORE placing an order. We accept PayPal and all major credit cards. We do our best to describe each item we are selling to the best of our ability. Bear in mind that the item is sold as-is.
Use the "contact us" page to request additional information or images on this product
My Cloud EX2 Personal Cloud Storage ? Ultimate reliability from the trusted name in storage.
WD's high-performance, two-bay NAS works right out of the box featuring ultra-reliable WD Red NAS hard drives. Keep your photos, videos, music and files safe at home or your small office with access from anywhere. Choose from multiple backup options, stream large files to any screen and customize your NAS with a full suite of apps.
Featuring WD Red NAS hard drives - Works right out of the box with integrated WD Red hard drives for ultimate compatibility in the unique 24x7 NAS operating environment.
Easy to set up, easy to manage - Effortlessly install drives or hot swap with WD's advanced, all-metal enclosure design. WD's powerful dashboard means you are always in control.
Extensive data protection - Manage your data with RAID 0, 1; JBOD and spanning drive modes. Then, protect it with RAID 1, USB, cloud or LAN/WAN backup options.
Ultimate reliability - WD's populated system comes complete with integrated WD Red NAS hard drives, pre-set in RAID 1 mode for ultimate protection for your data from the start.
High-performance NAS - 512 MB memory and 1.2 GHz processor deliver reliable, fast performance for your home or small office.
Drive management - Control your data with multiple drive management options including RAID 0, 1; JBOD and spanning modes.
Data protection at its best - You're armed with multiple options to secure your data from loss. Choose from RAID 1, USB, cloud or LAN/WAN backup depending upon your data security needs.
Easy to manage - A powerful dashboard means your system is always under your control. Monitor your drives, manage users and utilize energy-saving features. Email and mobile alerts keep you informed on My Cloud EX2 status.
Award-winning mobile and desktop apps - With WD's My Cloud apps, you can upload, access and share your documents from anywhere. Conveniently transfer files from your public cloud accounts to My Cloud EX2 using the mobile app.
Powerful apps to customize your NAS - Featuring industry-leading apps, including aMule, Transmission, Icecast, Joomla!, phpBB, phpMyAdmin, SqueezeCenter and more. For the most recent apps available, visit wd.com/ex2.
Advanced serving options - Integrated file server, FTP server, backup server and P2P torrent download server.
Stream media to your connected devices - Stream videos and photos to connected TVs, media players, gaming consoles and other DLNA/UPnP devices. Features a Twonky DLNA-certified media server. And with My Cloud EX2 iTunes support, you can easily stream your music collection.
Back up, your way - Protect your data via remote backup to another My Cloud EX2 or My Cloud EX4, integrated cloud backup or local LAN/WAN backup. Enjoy peace of mind with WD SmartWare Pro for PC users and Apple Time Machine compatibility for Mac users.
Expand your capacity - Simply attach a compatible USB hard drive directly to one of the two USB 3.0 expansion ports on My Cloud EX2 and instantly expand your storage capacity.
Energy-saving features - Save energy with disk spin-down and scheduled power on/off.
Advanced features - A full suite of advanced features to power your home or office including: iSCSI target, full-featured FTP services, jumbo frame support, iPv4/iPv6 ready, UPS support (USB and network), real-time resource monitor, volume encryption with boot-up password, SNMP and virtual volumes.
Your own personal cloud - Unlike public clouds, My Cloud EX2 allows you to keep all your content in one safe place at home or your office and access it from anywhere with computers, tablets and smartphones. No monthly fees. No limits.
My Cloud personal cloud storage products work concurrently with multiple operating systems including Mac OS, Windows 8, iOS and Android with mobile apps.
- Two-bay trayless enclosure design, 4 ? 8 TB
- Multiple drive management options, including RAID 0, RAID 1, JBOD and spanning
- Multiple data protection options, including RAID 1, USB, cloud or LAN/WAN backup
- Includes WD SmartWare Pro for PC users and is Apple Time Machine compatible for Mac users
- Twonky 7.2 DLNA 1.5 & UPnP certified media server
- iTunes support
- Anywhere access from computers, tablets and smartphones with My Cloud desktop and mobile apps
- Advanced software suite including FTP and P2P torrent download servers, Transmission, Icecast, WordPress and many others
- Optimized for WD Red drives with WD's exclusive NASware technology
- Dual USB 3.0 expansion ports
- Centralizing and organizing your important documents, photos, videos and music in one secure location
- Securing your data from loss with RAID 1, USB, cloud or local LAN/WAN backup
- Streaming media to connected TVs, media players and gaming consoles
- Saving and managing files securely from any computer, tablet and smartphone
- Backing up files automatically from all the PC and Mac computers on your network
- Installing or replacing drives with ease
- Saving, backing up and sharing your stored documents, photos, videos and music from anywhere
- Uploading photos and videos directly to your personal cloud to free up space on your mobile devices
- Transferring files between your public cloud accounts and My Cloud EX2
- Windows 8.1 or earlier, Windows 7, Windows Vista or Windows XP (32 bit) SP 3 operating systems
- Mac OS X Mavericks, Mountain Lion, Lion or Snow Leopard operating systems
- DLNA/UPnP devices for streaming
- Router with Internet connection
- Supported Browsers
- Internet Explorer 8 or higher
- Safari 6 or higher
- Firefox 21 or higher
- Google Chrome 27 and later on supported Windows and Mac OS platforms