Smart Antenna Wi-Fi Access Point The Perfect Choice for Easy 802.11ac Migration
In the Gigabit era in Wi-Fi connectivity; upgrading to the 802.11ac standard represents the next step in wireless evolution. Many enterprises looking to break the 1-Gbps Wi-Fi speed barrier face the challenge of replacing existing 802.11n access points. While 802.11n operates on both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequency band; 802.11ac predominantly uses the 5 GHz band which by its nature traditionally reduces coverage when compared to 2.4 GHz. This led to costly and time consuming efforts for installers to ensure that sufficient APs were installed to give complete coverage.
ZyXEL Smart Antenna technology is a groundbreaking feature of the WAC6500 Series of wireless APs that solves the coverage problem by adaptively adjusting antenna patterns to fit a variety of wireless environments. The Smart Antenna's industry-leading RF output power and sensitivity combine to offer greater coverage and performance over traditional networks; making ZyXEL's WAC6500 Series the ultimate one-to-one AP upgrade choice.
As well as ZyXEL Smart Antenna technology; the WAC6500 Series includes several other new features including the innovative APFlexTM; tool-less mounting bracket; and many other software enhancements such as the ZyXEL One Network utilities; making the WAC6500 a complete product designed to streamline network installation and speed deployment for the best possible Wi-Fi experience.
- ZyXEL smart antenna provides enhanced performance anywhere
- Advanced IEEE 802.11ac delivers up to 1.75 Gbps combined data rates
- Industry-leading receive sensitivity as low as -102 dBm
- APFlexTM; DCS and tool-less bracket design streamline deployment
- ZyXEL One Network is supported
ZyXEL Smart Antenna
ZyXEL Smart Antenna continuously applies a unique algorithm to compute the best physical-layer path for every individual client. It not only considers best signal; but also mitigates RF interference on over 700 optimized antenna patterns. The "switch-beam" technique mitigating RF interference runs at the physical layer; requiring no effort on the part of the end-user. The adaptive antenna design handles a variety of tough deployments; including high-capacity; high-performance and interference-laden environments like conference rooms; airports; classrooms and other crowded venues.
WAC6500 Series features a creative mounting bracket design allowing installation of the AP in a variety of suspended ceiling tracks without the need for tools. The variable width of ceiling tracks makes our bracket universally adaptable to any building structure. Individual end-users can easily install the hardware; saving valuable time that could be better spent deploying additional APs.
ZyXEL APFlex includes Zero-touch AP mode changing and Automatic IP configuration. The Zero-touch AP mode setting detects if there is an existing ZyXEL controller and chooses stand-alone or managed mode. The Automatic IP configuration removes manual configuration; allowing the AP to set itself to fixed or dynamic IP address automatically. With these two intelligent features; IT administrators can skip the two critical settings that were handled manually on legacy products; shifting focus to more critical configuration tasks.
ZyXEL Wireless Optimizer
ZyXEL Wireless Optimizer (ZWO) provides a powerful tool for centralized management covering initial planning; adjustment during deployment and after-sale maintenance of an AP network. Architects can simulate AP deployment on a map displaying the number of APs needed. During deployment; ZWO will also map actual signal coverage for architects to adjust their AP locations or configurations. After-sale; network administrators can access key performance details from ZWO; including channel in use; transmit retry rate and frame error rate; as well as the devices on the environment map. ZWO's user-friendly presentation saves time and facilitates quick response to the network problems.
WPA2 Enterprise Certified
ZyXEL WAC6500 Series has been certified with industrialstrength WPA2 enterprise protection and supports a wide range of Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) types. It can be seamlessly integrated with deployed corporate RADIUS servers.
Wireless Layer-2 Isolation
The Layer-2 isolation protects private networks among client users; allowing users to access their shared devices without entering the rest of a private network for enhanced security. In addition; the intra-BSS blocking prevents different WiFi clients associated with the same AP from seeing each other and each others data.
ZyXEL One Network Utility
To streamline the management process; the WAC6500 Series comes with the ZyXEL One Network (ZON) utility; allowing administrators to assign IP addresses to multiple APs through just one platform. Administrators can avoid the hassle logging into each AP to change the default IP addresses before physical installation.
Wireless Mesh is an array of access points automatically forming dynamic wireless links. Built on this foundation of mesh networking; ZyMesh is ZyXEL's proprietary protocol for creating wireless mesh links for easy configuration; optimized management and enhanced reliability.
ZyXEL AP Configurator
While deploying a number of APs; repetitive configuration of each unit takes time and effort. ZyXEL AP Configurator (ZAC) builds templates that allows users to copy one profile to several APs; allowing batch firmware upgrades and profile backups in three easy steps to significantly reduce configuration time and effort.
Breakthrough Smart Antenna technology for any environment
The WAC6500 Series of 802.11ac APs delivers industry leading performance; thanks in part to its innovative Smart Antenna design. Featuring more than 700 optimized antenna patterns; the ZyXEL Smart Antenna continuously calculates the ideal physical-layer path for each individual client. This feature not only offers the best possible signal by shaping to various patterns; but it also mitigates interference from other wireless clients. The WAC6500 Series's ultra-fast capabilities makes it perfect for delivering premium performance in interference-laden environments; such as conference rooms; airports; educational facilities and other high-density venues. And the series'enhanced adaptability further simplifies one-to-one AP replacement.
Best-in-class coverage and performance
In a Wi-Fi market crowded with 802.11ac APs; the WAC6500 Series stands out with regard to performance and coverage due to its unique RF design. The AP's three-stream hardware configuration provides power of up to 30 dBm while providing unequaled receive sensitivity as low as -102 dBm. The ZyXEL Smart Antenna doubles the WAC6500 Series'performance over conventional internal antennas; and performs three times (3x) better than legacy 802.11n APs.
Easy and instant deployment with APFlexTM; DCS; and tool-less bracket design
ZyXEL APFlexTM eases installation by resolving the managed/standalone AP mode configuration; automatically integrating into the network environment with or without Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP); eliminating the need for pre-installation preparation. Other helpful features include Dynamic Channel Selection (DCS); avoid the interference of co-channel and overlapping channel at initialization. In addition to software solutions; the WAC6500 Series'simplifies installation through creative design features. For example; the universal and tool-less bracket design allows for flexible ceiling track mounting without the need for special tools. From software to hardware; the WAC6500 Series makes setup and operation fast and simple.
Efficient and reliable Wi-Fi network
The WAC6500 Series ensures users get the best possible overall network performance by utilizing load balancing and client steering. Load balancing allows administrators to set limits on network traffic and the number of clients associated with each AP. Client steering monitors the capabilities of each wireless client and steers them to the less congested band and better signal AP. When it comes to deployments in challenging cabling locations; wireless mesh networks help extend Wi-Fi coverage. ZyXEL's proprietary ZyMesh creates reliable and resilient mesh links instantly. Yet the configuration is intuitive and centralized manageable on NXC controller. ZyMesh improves network reliability through true wireless connectivity with repeater APs selecting multiple routes to provide backup and failover for uninterrupted service. Together; these three technologies provide the WAC6500 Series with unbeatable efficiency and reliability.
ZyXEL One Network experience
Aiming for relieving our customers from repetitive operations of deploying and managing a network; ZyXEL One Network is designed to simplify the configuration; management; and troubleshooting; allowing our customers to focus on the business priorities. ZyXEL One Network presents an easy-to-use tool; ZyXEL One Network Utility (ZON Utility); to realize speed network setup. ZyXEL Smart Connect allows ZyXEL networking equipment to be aware and recognize each other and further facilitating the network maintenance via one-click remote functions such as factory reset or power cycling. ZyXEL One Network redefines the network integration across multiple networking products from switch to Wi-Fi AP and to Gateway.
- Wireless frequency: 2.4 and 5 GHz
- Radio: 2
2.4 GHz (IEEE 802.11 b/g/n)
- USA (FCC): 2.412 to 2.462 GHz
- Europe (ETSI): 2.412 to 2.472 GHz
- Taiwan (TW): 2.412 to 2.462 GHz
5 GHz (IEEE 802.11 a/n/ac)
- USA (FCC): 5.15 to 5.35 GHz; 5.725 to 5.850 GHz
- European (ETSI): 5.15 to 5.35 GHz; 5.470 to 5.725 GHz
- Taiwan (TW): 5.25 to 5.35 GHz; 5.725 to 5.850 GHz
802.11n/ac premium features
- 2x2 Multiple-Input Multiple-Output (MIMO) with two spatial streams
- Maximal Ratio Combining (MRC)
- 20-; 40- and 80-MHz channels
- Packet aggregation: A-MPDU (Tx/Rx); A-MSDU (Tx/Rx)
- Cyclic Delay Diversity (CSD) support
- Maximum Likehood Demodulation (MLD) support
- Low Density Parity Check (LDPC) support
Number of antenna
- 5 dBi @2.4 GHz
- 7 dBi @5 GHz
Support data rate
- 802.11a/g: 1; 2; 5.5; 6; 9; 11; 12; 18; 24; 36; 48; and 54 Mbps
- 802.11n: up to 300 Mbps in MCS15 (40 MHz)
- 802.11ac: up to 866 Mbps in MCS9 (80 MHz)
- Min. Rx sensitivity up to -100 dBm
Typical Transmit Output Power (Conducted)
- FCC 11b/g: 28
- FCC 11g/n: 28
- FCC 11a: 28
- FCC 11n/a (ac): 28
- EU 11b/g: 14
- EU 11g/n: 14
- EU 11a: 22
- EU 11n/a (ac): 22
- Number of 10/100/1000M LAN: 2
- Console port: RJ-45 serial
- PoE: Yes
- PoE power draw: 15.12 W
- WLAN maximum throughput: Up to 600 Mbps
- Mesh AP (By license): Yes
- Mesh AP for multiple SSID with VLAN (through tunnel mode): Yes
- WEP: Yes
- WPA/WPA2-PSK: Yes
- WPA/WPA2-Enterprise: Yes
- WMM (Wi-Fi certified): Yes
- EAP types: EAP-TLS; EAP-TTLS; EAP-PEAP;
- : EAP-FAST; EAP-AKA and EAP-SIM
- IEEE 802.1X: Yes
- Number of SSID: 16
- Web authentication: Yes
- MAC filtering: Yes
- Layer-2 isolation: Yes
- RADIUS authentication: Yes
- Microsoft AD authentication: Yes
- LDAP authentication: Yes
- MAC authentication: Yes
- Rogue AP detection: Yes
- Rogue AP containment: Yes
- IPv6 host: Yes
- VLANs: Yes
- DHCP client: Yes
- WMM: Yes
- WMM power save: Yes
- DiffServ marking: Yes
- Discovery of ZyXEL switches; APs and gateways
- Centralized and batch configurations
- IP configuration
- IP renew
- Device reboot
- Device locating
- Web GUI access
- Firmware upgrade
- Password configuration
- One-click quick association with ZyXEL AP Configurator (ZAC)
- Discover neighboring devices
- One-click remote management access to the neighboring ZyXEL devices
ZyXEL AP configurator
- Batch AP configuration
- Batch AP firmware upgrade
- Batch AP profile backup
ZyXEL wireless optimizer
- Wi-Fi AP Planning
- Wi-Fi coverage detection
- Wireless health management
- Standalone AP mode: Yes
- Managed AP mode: Yes
- CLI: Yes
- Web UI: Yes
- SNMP: v1/2c/3
- Plenum rating: Yes
- Kensington lock support: Yes
- Input power: DC input: 12 VDC 2 A; PoE: 802.3at compliant (Power adapter is sold separately
- MTBF (hr): 1427755
- Ethernet: IEEE 802.3; IEEE 802.3u; IEEE 802.11ab; IEEE 802.3au; IEEE 802.3az; IEEE 802.3at
- PoE: IEEE 802.3at
- WLAN: 802.11b: DBPSK; DQPSK; CCK; 802.11g: BPSK; QPSK; 16-QAM; 64-QAM; 802.11a: BPSK; QPSK; 16-QAM; 64-QAM; 802.11n: BPSK; QPSK; 16-QAM; 64-QAM; 802.11ac: BPSK; QPSK; 64-QAM; 256-QAM
- Radio: FCC Part 15C; FCC Part 15E; ETSI EN 300 328; EN 301 893; LP0002
- EMC: FCC Part 15B; EN 301 489-1; EN 301 489-17; EN55022; EN55024; EN61000-3-2/-3; EN60601-1-2; BSMI CNS13438
- Safety: EN 60950-1; IEC 60950-1; BSMI CNS14336-1
- Item Dimensions (WxDxH)(mm/in.): 236 x 227 x 62/9.28 x 8.95 x 2.43
- Item Weight (g/lb.): 841/1.86
- Included accessories: External antenna; Ceiling mount plate; Mounting screws
- Operating temperature: 0 degreeC to 50 degreeC/32 degreeF to 122 degreeF
- Operating humidity: 10% to 90% (non-condensing)
- Storage temperature: -40 degreeC to 70 degreeC/-40 degreeF to 158 degreeF
- Storage humidity: 10% to 90% (non-condensing)