Ready to purchase a new DSLR camera? Do you want a fantastic full frame new camera? Look no further than the new Sony camera; the Sony a6700 APS-C Mirrorless Camera 26MP 4K with 16-50mm Lens Kit and the Sony a6700 Alpha APS-C Mirrorless Camera 26MP 4K with 16-50mm Lens Kit. Sitting at the pinnacle of the Sony Alpha line of cameras, with amazing lens options for this fantastic new camera, coupled with the BSI CMOS Exmor R full frame sensor which has enhanced subject recognition, the newest technology for getting your high quality stills and movies. Mounted on Sony’s patented E-mount lens mounting system, the lightweight α6700 is designed for on the go photography including landscapes, travel adventures, anytime, anywhere. This is a perfect camera for all the vloggers out there.
This is a full frame camera body interchangeable lens camera, which sits on the Sony E-Mount system and can be used with over 70 Sony prime lenses including g master lenses. Sony FE lenses that can be used on this new camera include the Sony FE 70-200mm F4 Macro G OSS II Full-Frame Compact Telephoto Zoom Lens for E-Mount and options from others such as Canon, Nikon, Panasonic, Sigma. This is quite an upgrade over the more entry level Sony ZV-E1.
With up to eight times more processing power than previous Sony processors, the new BIONZ XR image processing engine raises high-sensitivity performance, gradation rendering, color reproduction, low-noise performance, and more.
Remember if any of these lenses that you chose do not sit on the Sony E-Mount system than an adapter is needed to ensure compatibility. For example if you are trying to use a type A mount, or an F Mount lens, you can attach any of these types of zoom lenses, wide angle lenses, macro lenses or telephoto lenses.
When using a telephoto lens, we would suggest that a lens from Sony such as G OSS or GM OSS lens with the digital 5 axis image optical stabilization is the particular way to go. These lenses fall into Sony’s Gold Master line of lenses. Try attaching this fantastic lens to the camera the Sony FE 70-200mm F4 Macro G OSS II Full-Frame Compact Telephoto Zoom Lens. This is a wonderful zoom lens in the Sony Gold Master line providing amazing up close performance and class leading performance with teleconverters so you can really move in close and hone in on your subject.
The Sony a6700 is the newest compact, vlog on the go camera from Sony announced on July 12, 2023, with a Full-frame 26.0 megapixel Exmor R image sensor, perfect for 4K video recordings, low noise, high sensitivity, jaw dropping image quality, and gorgeous full-frame bokeh effect. The data generated by the image sensor can be processed in real time, even when shooting 4K video at 120 FPS. The BIONZ XR processor also contributes significantly to improved AF (autofocus) speed and precision.
This Sony A6700 APS-C camera offers 4K High Resolution HDR up to 120 FPS with full pixel read out and video recording. It also offers Full HD video recording at up to 120 FPS.
There is an articulating touchscreen LCD screen making it even easier to focus and see your shooting area and subjects. There is also an OLED “EVF” viewfinder with 2,359,296 dot resolution. Weighing at 1.1 lb or 493 grams the Sony a6700 is ergonomic and ready and made for vloggers and on the go photography.
The Built-in EVF and the LCD touch screen makes it easy to take selfies and check for proper framing. The ergonomic grip is designed for a safe and stable hold. Vloggers will love using this Sony camera even when settings are on Product Showcase. Doubling the brightness of the α6600, with a 33-degree viewing angle, the Sony a6700 is able to offer simple viewing while shooting. The finder frame rate can be set to 120 fps, with hardly any motion blur when tracking and shooting moving subjects.
The Sony a6700 is also equipped with vlogging features seen in the Sony ZV-1 digital camera, including; “Background Defocus”, “Product Showcase Setting” and “Face Priority AE” along with Sony’s tremendous autofocus.
A compact, image stabilization with 5 axis sensor shift capability, makes it easier than ever to shoot smooth, on the go, stable footage while moving around for bold, dynamic expression
Make certain that when purchasing this camera, you perform a firmware update prior to using the new camera, if one is available.
Features and Additional Specs
Let’s explore some of the additional Features and Specs that are featured on the Sony Alpha a6700 at a superb price point.
The Sony Alpha 6700 provides an intuitive and easy way to make your shooting seem like your at the movies and providing amazing still photos. Beginning with the simplistic touch the screen to activate key functions, including choosing a focus point or subject to track, and shutter movement. Swiping in from the left or right edge of the shooting display, shows easy to read and use touch icons, which allow for for swift changes to the settings of your new camera. The function (Fn) menu can also be viewed by a quick swipe-up on the display.
By using the same technology as the highly regarded CineAlta and Cinema Line, the Sony a6700 includes Sony’s S-Cinetone picture profile as a preset, delivering images with more true color reproduction and providing natural skin tones which will leave your subjects looking sharp and accurate.
By choosing a Look, Mood and AF (autofocus) transition speed, anyone can create cinematic vlog footage that ideally matches the scene and creative intent. The in camera Cinematic Vlog Setting includes “Look” options such as S-Cinetone that can enhance skin tones, “Mood” options that really define specific colors, and AutoFocus transition speed which controls how quickly autofocus will switch between subjects.
The Sony Alpha a6700 with it’s groundbreaking BIONZ XR image processing engine provides up to eight times more processing power than previous versions. The Sony a6700 standard sensitivity ranges from a low ISO 100 to ISO 320003, and coupled with the BIONZ XR processor continues to enhance wide dynamic range so that even in high contrast scenes you don’t have to worry over blown out highlights and harsh or blocked shadows.
Well AI is all the rage in today’s technology world and the Sony Alpha a6700 is here to meet the new challenges in this market. The Sony a6700 is equipped with an intuitive AI processing unit that vastly enhances its performance. This comes in especially handy when searching for more accurate subject recognition.
The Sony Alpha a6700 will help keep things smooth taking shots images and stills on the move. Active Mode electronic image stabilization delivers stable video footage with minimal shake and blur during hand-held recording.
With its ergonomic design, and lightweight 493 gram body, the Sony a6700 offers amazing ease of travel or movement and maneuverability without compromising image quality. An all new grip design provides a more comfortable grip, while giving greater control for shooting both stills and video recordings.
Images and Video Recording
A set focal length lens whether you go with the 16-50 MM lens or the 18-135mm lens attached to this digital camera makes it simple to shoot a vlog or any type of scene that will jump out to the viewer. These type of lenses makes for a natural background blur that lets the subject stand out. These lenses can even produce amazing image quality in an easy to hold new camera such as this which can handle even the harshest lighting conditions. In addition, if you want to choose a different lens, Sony itself makes over 70 compatible lenses for this on the go camera, including lenses from their gold master line.
- 26 effective megapixel CMOS sensor for high quality images.
- Easy to use as a webcam for livestreaming.
- Custom user LUT files (.cube format) can be installed into the camera and set to Picture Profiles. This makes it easy to use LUTs for monitoring while shooting and to create specific looks when shooting in modes other than preset looks. The look is recorded in-camera, so post processing should not be needed.
- Availability to interchange with so many lenses as previously discussed, even the Sony EPZ lenses. This lens uses a power zoom design and is made for Sony’s APS-C mirrorless cameras. This is in addition to the availability of their Gold Master Lenses.
- ISO sensitivity of 100 to 32,000. Included Flexible ISO is an S-Log3 shooting mode that allows ISO sensitivity to change according to the brightness of the scene, while aperture and shutter speed are set manually. ISO can also be set to AUTO.
- When shooting in the Intelligent Auto or Scene Selection mode, icons on the touch LCD screen or EVF monitor makes it a breeze to adjust background bokeh effect, brightness, as well as other features. This is an intuitive way take your images without being familiar with technical details such as F stop, etc.
- Real-time Auto Focus Tracking is intuitive to use. Just touch the EVF or LCD screen to indicate the subject or object on which you want to focus on. From there, Real-time Tracking will take over and keep your subject steady with no shake in the image.
- Image recording can save files in jpeg format or even HEIF format which is used on many smartphones and video cameras to save file storage space.
- The Sony Alpha a6700 offers in-camera 4K recording at up to 120 frames per second and FHD Full HD 1920x1080p in 120 FPS. Slow motion video capturing is also provides on this extraordinary new camera. The camera will even use its back-illuminated CMOS Sensor to power sensor crop even when recording slow motion at 4k resolution.
- A built in two channel stereo recording mic is built in to provide accurate sound reproduction as you shoot video recordings. Such a great feature for vloggers.
- HDR video functions include using the HLG (Hybrid Log-Gamma) and S-Log3/2 standards.
- The Sony Alpha a6700 will help keep things smooth taking shots images and stills on the move. Active Mode electronic image stabilization delivers stable video footage with minimal shake and blur during hand-held recording.
- The Sony a6700 powerful back illuminated CMOS sensor is made to maximize light, producing breathtaking 4K HDR movies with high-quality images and less noise. This is true even when shooting in difficult lighting conditions such as a low light setting.
- With the Sony a6700 providing real time tracking AI-based, you get a dramatic improvement in Real-time Tracking performance, automatically recognizing, tracking, and focusing on the eyes of the subject in your exposure. The camera’s eye AutoFocus detects, and tracks a subject’s eyes precisely.
- AI based auto framing for video recording, this is nice for content creators and vloggers looking to provide fantastic image quality that will surely increase the amount of subscribers to your social media channel.
Battery Life, Storage and Connectivity
The Sony Alpha a6700 comes with a single slot memory card holder compatible with SD cards SD/SDHC/SDXC (UHS-I). There is a micro HDMI output port to connect to an external display of your choosing. Additional inputs include 1 Sony Multi/Micro-USB Input/Output (Shared with Power Input, Remote Input)
The Sony a6700 supports the Sony Creators’ App for seamless uploads of videos and still images to cloud services. Wi-FI is standard on the new camera with access to the faster 5 ghz network and connectivity to the 2.6 gh network.
The Sony a6700 comes with the NP-FZ100 Rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery (rated at approx. 570 Shots). Even though this is a powerful battery, we highly recommend purchasing a spare battery as this new camera is made for on the go use and you don’t want to run out of power in the middle of a photo shoot. A portable power bank may help as well.
Availability and Final Conclusion
This fantastic new on the go camera from Sony, the Sony Alpha a6700, was announced by Sony on July 12, 2023 now available for pre-order with full shipping availability anticipated by the end of July. You can purchase this amazing new camera with the lenses we discussed before or as a body only, and attach the lens of your choice. Although it is important to remember if you are trying to mount a lens that does not sit on the Sony E mount system, you will need to purchase a separate adapter to mount your lens.
Grab this new camera and get ready for an awesome on the go experience in photography.