The regular season is over. That means it’s almost time for the big game and you’re hosting. Football is America’s most popular sport. From die hard football fans to those that may not care as much, everybody can enjoy a party for the big game. Whether hanging out socially with friends and family, cheering on your favorite team, or enjoying the tasty snacks and drinks, football parties are simply awesome.
Although it may take a bit of preparation and some work, hosting the big game for your friends and family is worth it. There is nothing like rooting, jeering, and slapping high fives while enjoying awesome food, good friends, and a drink or two or three.
Preparing for the Big Game
Now that you’re hosting a party for the big game or Super Bowl, you will need to determine a few things to get ready. This is a crucial step in ensuring that your party is the most memorable and comfortable experience for you and your guests. Let’s break it down and then go into more detail for each step.
- Who’s Invited – The first thing you need is a list of guests. Consider your family members, friends, and colleagues in your fantasy football leagues.
- Décor – Aesthetics will set the mood for the Super Bowl even before the big game begins. Jot down some ideas that you think your guests will like. More on this later.
- Video & Audio Setup – Go big or go home. The key to a successful football party is in the viewing experience.
- Snacks & Drinks – Serve things that will compliment your football themed party.
- Amenities – This is where you go the extra mile for the partygoers which will separate your party from the rest.
Ways to Watch the Big Game
Everyone knows that bigger is better when watching sports, and when your hosting friends for the biggest game of the year, going big is more important than ever. This is not only true because you get to see every detail of the game, but also because when you have a bunch of guests all watching the same screen at once. It can get crowded trying to watch a football game around a small TV and not be the most pleasant experience, so make sure to go big.
There are so many affordable viewing options these days, you really will have the pick of the litter. From different types of big screen smart TV’s such as QLED, OLED, and LED technologies, you will need to decide which model and size is most suitable for you. You also have the option of going with a projector setup instead, which many homes have permanently switched to over a standard television.
If you have been considering updating your audio and video equipment, this is your opportunity. Around this time of year, brands usually tend to start slashing prices to sell through inventory and make way for new models coming out. Essentially, the current product offering you see now will have all of the latest technology, but at a fraction of the retail cost.
Your television is on center stage for this Super Bowl event. Here are a few things to consider when picking one out.
- Size – One of the most important aspects of deciding on a TV. Even though you’re planning a big football party, you should choose a size that properly reflects your home. Don’t buy the largest size just because you’re hosting a bunch of people. Your TV should fit the rooms dimensions for regular year-round viewing.
- OLED/QLED vs LED – After determining the size, you should consider the display technology next. LED will provide you with good viewing angles, great power saving technology, and overall cost effectiveness. OLED & QLED models, which are typically found on the newest flagship TV’s, provide more accurate true to life colors, wider viewing angles, and better brightness. With the increased quality of production and feature sets, any of these options are good.
- 4K vs 8K – 8K TV’s are pretty incredible, however, they are a bit a head of their time. Nothing broadcasts in 8K, so your TV will be upscaling anything you’re watching with the exception of Blu-rays and some video games. If you want the latest and greatest, go for an 8K TV, but a 4K will provide an amazing up to date viewing experience.
With the recent advancements in its tech, projectors have made a huge impact on the AV industry. More people than ever have completely switched from standard TVs to a projector, or simply adding one to their home. Projectors have a ton of potential benefits, especially when it comes to viewing angles, screen size, and portability. You can literally pack one up to bring along on a camping trip, set it up in your back patio, or fit it into virtually any room in your home. Projectors now have advanced display technology that rivals some of the best top shelf TVs picture quality. Additionally, most projectors are Smart, meaning you can connect and stream your favorite shows and movies without having to connect it to a computer. Here are things to think about when shopping projectors.
- Display – Almost all better projectors will give you 4K but for the absolute best, look at laser projection options.
- Throw – This is the term used for measured distance between the projector and the screen. Ultra-short throws are great for small distances but still can support massive screen sizes.
- Brightness – Measured by Lumens, this is a key metric and can reflect in the price.
- Audio – Most projectors support their own audio, but it’s definitely something you will want to check if you don’t have your own audio system.
- Battery Span – This is only important if you plan on using your projection on trips and such.
Food & Beverages for the Big Game
Good grub and refreshing beverages will make the difference between a good party and a not so good party. Especially when sports are involved, people will be exerting energy cheering and jeering and will need some good sustenance. Here’s a few great ideas to make your life easy when preparing this aspect of your party.
- Drinks – Best to just get the drinks out of the way since it’s the easiest. You can keep a mini fridge nearby for your guests to retrieve and choose from an assortment of cold beverages at any time.
- Food selection – Having a good spread of food will help your party shine. Think about the types of food you may see on a sports bar menu. Wings, hot dogs, and pizza are some of the first items that you may think of. You can impress your friends while also making life easy on yourself by using specific appliances to simplify the process and provide delicious foods. Air Fryers are one of the fastest selling appliances today because of how easy it is to cook a variety of foods and because of how well it replicates deep fried foods. An air fryer will make your chicken, hot dogs, side dishes, and just about anything else you can think of. They are simply amazing little counter appliances. You can also consider getting a portable pizza oven to easily create your own pizzas. Not only will your pizza be amazing, but this can also be a fun activity for guests who are not as interested in sports.
- Football Themed Baked Foods – For the bakers out there, goo crazy and make some football themed cookies and treats that represent your team.
Your decorations should reflect the style of party, which in this case would be football. Think of football party decorations like each teams’ banners, pennants, posters, and decorations that represent each team’s colors.
Tailgating has become a big part of experiencing a football game. Even when you’re at home, you can have a tailgate themed party without being at the game itself. Have a tailgate themed food menu as discussed earlier or have fun tailgating activities such as cornhole or a football ready to toss around.
Amenities for your Guests
To enhance your guest’s experience, there are a few other things that you can do to bring your party over the top.
- Music – For pregaming and to entertain any other guests who are not watching the game.
- Wi-Fi – You may want to create a “guest” network on your Wi-Fi router. This way, your guests can connect to your home internet without being able to access other devices on your home network.
Leave a Reply