Graduation is one of the most important times in a young person’s life. Just as at any age, graduating honors a person’s accomplishment of work and study while setting a roadmap or guide towards their future. One of the best ways we show our support for the people we care about, and love is through graduation presents. Giving grad gifts won’t only demonstrate love but will also show you value their hard work. You can also establish your confidence and advocate their future with unique graduation gifts geared towards their field of education that will help them along the way. I always say, good graduation gifts are meant to be meaningful, fun, and useful.
Finding the right gift doesn’t have to be difficult, especially if you’re close to the person graduating. If not, it’s as easy as talking with them to discover what they need or want. Or you can seek out a parent, family member or close friend for inquiry as well. Often, you can even wing it with just a little thought and preparation, and you will still get a slam dunk with your gifts.
My Top Graduation Gift Idea
Let’s get started by highlighting one of the most ideal, pragmatic, and best graduation gifts, a laptop. It is an easy gift to think of but difficult to choose the right one. Laptops will help foster educational growth, increase work productivity, provide enjoyment, and is portable which is awesome since this is a time in their life where they’re always on the go.
The LG gram 14” is a 2-in1 lightweight touch laptop has everything a person would need as a graduate heading into the next challenge of life. It flips from laptop to tablet with a 360-degree hinge, has a powerful processor and amazing battery life. The LG gram is a featherweight (hence the name) and has a stylus pen, so it can be flipped and written on like a notebook and great for art and editing software. This on-the-go laptop has everything needed for a graduate and has CPU & GPU powerful enough for business, technology, arts, science, and medicine. As a bonus, it is also a great price.
- Highly recommended for Masters graduation gifts. After years of study, it’s time for an upgrade.
- For Phd Graduation gifts consider adding a portable monitor. The extra screen space will allow work and research windows to be open simultaneously increasing productivity. Plus, it can be used anywhere such as a library, dorm room, or home since the laptop and monitor are portable.
- If you’re gifting to someone achieving their RN, a laptop is a nice gift option, or you can consider a Garmin fitness watch which will keep them punctual and makes for fun related nurse graduation gifts.
- Physical health is a major focus when training to protect and serve. Fitness watches are very sensible police academy graduation gifts and will help keep them in peak condition and safe by monitoring their workouts and vitals in any situation.
While on the topic of computers, many people don’t have a PC monitor that is sufficient for their computer’s hardware. For someone in technology, arts, and engineering, they need a monitor that is powerful enough for the microchips in their computer. Consider this option when shopping for a graduation gift for boyfriend/girlfriend too. It will support their work while providing awesome graphics and video for entertainment, like watching movies or playing games together. Additionally, since students and grad students use their computers for entertainment anyway, a monitor in their room will provide extra comfort while watching their favorite shows or movies during their downtime. Most laptops can plug directly into these, eliminating the need for a desk computer which will also relieve eye strain because monitor screens are generally larger than laptop screens.
Graduation Gift for Daughter
Celebrating a child’s graduation is a very proud time for a parent. It is a memorable moment, and for these times, we bring cameras with us to capture the celebration in photography that will last a lifetime. A Nikon or Sony camera are wonderful ideas. Not only will you get amazing photos of this joyous occasion, but the graduate is about to embark upon new challenges and experiences, make new friends, and broaden their horizons. A good camera is the perfect gift to represent the future memories they will create, as well as the memory of now, their graduation.
- Cameras are an especially good idea for those going back to school.
- I would not recommend for students for art and film without consultation. They probably already own one.
- Also, photography makes fantastic graduation gifts for friends. This is a time in their lives where friends are everything, and friends do everything together. Imagine the photoshoots they can have, or just recording video of throwing around a football on campus or while tailgating before a ball game. The potential benefits of a gift like this are endless.
Graduation Gifts for Him
Just in case the laptop, computer monitor, fitness watch, and camera didn’t fit the profile gift of your graduate, I have another fun alternative for you. A flying drone. This fun and productive machine is awesome for anyone in technology, media, arts, photography, and content creation. With drones, you can take unbelievable aerial photographs and video that is perfect fun for almost every occasion. With the advancements in this industry, drones have become mainstream, seen huge reduction in prices and are now very affordable. These flying machines of technology and adventure are excellent graduation gifts for men to show off to their friends while also providing tools for work projects and growth.
Graduation Gifts for Her
There are many great gift ideas from the things I have mentioned. However, I have particularly had luck with this gift I am about to share with you. A turntable and headphones. Everyone loves music, if you have every listened to vinyl records, you know it is an experience you won’t get anywhere else. With the right record, it can also set the mood for studying, thus enhancing productivity and focus. Pair this trendy gift with a new set of noise canceling headphones which will reduce distraction from any outside noise. And for a finishing touch, make sure to go out and buy a few of her favorite records from her most beloved artists.
- For a senior gift idea think of a shopping for a good pair of noise cancelling headphones as well.
- Everyone owns headphones, but they do get a lot of wear and tear, and models with better technology are constantly introduced. Headphones make marvelous gifts.
For our future generation
You may be looking for kindergarten graduation gifts, or even preschool graduation gifts. These children are our future, we can’t forget about them. Even though some of the gifts mentioned in this article are for older college graduates and students, some of them can be for kids too. After all, some kids nowadays know how to function a computer better than an adult! You can consider everything from a fitness watch to teach them about health, to a drone (you can find under $200) that to teach them about technology and is a fun activity to do together.