A revised version of the popular 100mm f/2.8 macro lens. This lens will impress any serious photographer with its combination of versatility, image quality and superb handling. A high-performance ring type Ultrasonic Motor provides fast and silent AF throughout its focus range, and even more significantly, allows full-time manual focusing permitting the close-up or macro shooter to instantly override the AF whenever necessary. Autofocus lens for macro photography up to life-size (1x) magnification. Inner focusing affords a long working distance of 5.9in. (149mm) at 1x. A 3-group floating system results in excellent delineation at all focusing distances. Ring USM for silent and high-speed AF, and full-time manual focusing also provided.
- Lens Focal Length & Maximum Aperture: 100mm 1:2.8
- Lens Construction: 12 elements in 8 groups
- Diagonal Angle of View: 24 degrees
- Focus Adjustment: Inner focusing system with USM
- Closest Focusing Distance: 0.31m / 1 ft. (film plane to subject)
- Filter Size: 58mm
- Max. Diameter x Length, Weight: 3.1" x 4.7", 21.1 oz. / 79.0 x 119.0mm, 600g