ALWAYS BRAND NEW ALWAYS FACTORY SEALED WITH CANON USA WARRANTY
A full range of Canon technologies - including Face Detection Technology, Motion Detection Technology and a new Easy Mode - help everyone take great photos, while experienced users can also enjoy the creative possibilities offered by full manual control.
DIGIC III - Canon's DIGIC III (Digital Imaging Core) image processor manages all of the camera's primary functions to optimize operating efficiency. Advanced image processing algorithms deliver superb image detail and colour reproduction with accurate white balance. High-speed processing results in outstanding responsiveness, rapid auto focus and extended continuous shooting ability.
DIGIC also powers advanced Noise Reduction Technology and Face Detection AF/AE/FE. Same comments as previous
Face Detection AF/AE/FE/WB and Face Select & Track - Canon's Face Detection AF/AE/FE/WB system automatically detects up to nine faces within a frame before adjusting focus, exposure, flash and white balance to ensure optimal results. It is able to determine which faces are intended to be the subject, instantly reverting to the partnering 9-point AiAF system if no face is the primary subject. Face Select & Track allows the user to select a particular face to be the main subject of a photograph and track it, for the best possible results.
iSAPS (intelligent Scene Analysis based on Photographic Space) - automatically optimizes key camera settings before every shot. Each scene is analyses and cross-referenced against Photographic Space - a vast in-camera library of photographic data. This enables the camera to make optimal adjustments to auto exposure, auto focus and auto white balance before image capture occurs.
Optical Image Stabilizer - The PowerShot SX110 IS uses a lens shift-type Image Stabilizer (IS) system to detect and correct slight camera shakes that can cause image blur. Minute vibration gyros detect lens tilting caused by hand shake. These signals - 4,000 per second - are processed by a single-chip IS controller, which discriminates between hand shake and unintentional camera movements. Shake signals are sent to the IS unit, which moves one of the lens elements accordingly to deflect the light rays and cancel out the effects of shake. For improved accuracy and responsiveness, the moving lens element is supported on tiny ceramic spheres. In addition to minimizing friction, ceramic spheres avoid some of the problems that can affect metal systems, such as thermal expansion and magnetism. The optical IS of both models allows photographers to shoot at shutter speeds up to 3 stops slower with no perceptible increase in image blur due to camera shake.
Maximum reach, minimum weight - With a 10x Canon optical zoom - featuring a 35mm film equivalent focal length of 36-360mm - the PowerShot SX110 IS brings even distant subjects into view, making it the perfect camera for everything from school sports days to family holidays. Canon?s optical Image Stabilizer technology combats the effects of camera shake, delivering sharp, blur-free shots throughout the camera's extensive zoom range.
Effortless ease and creative control - The PowerShot SX110 IS features a wide range of 20 shooting modes designed to achieve optimum results in a wide range of lighting conditions - a great help for users of all levels, from complete novices to more experienced photographers.
Shooting modes include a new Easy Mode, which sees all shooting settings chosen automatically by the camera - perfect for beginners prone to making unsuitable adjustments. Easy Mode also limits Playback options to simple image viewing and deletion functions. At the other end of the spectrum, experienced users can switch to full manual control, and customize settings for special effects or unusual lighting.
To keep shots looking sharp, Motion Detection Technology - activated in High ISO Auto mode - uses Face Detection Technology, the optical Image Stabilizer and scene information to identify subject motion and camera-shake. ISO is also optimized for minimum blur and maximum image quality.
Printing - The PowerShot SX110 IS features a dedicated Print menu for quick access to direct print options. Full PictBridge support means users can print directly to any PictBridge compatible printer without the need for a PC. A Print/Share button allows one-touch printing and easy uploads to Windows or Mac systems.
Language - The PowerShot SX110 IS features a user interface that supports 25 languages: English, German, French, Dutch, Danish, Finnish, Italian, Norwegian, Swedish, Spanish, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Japanese, Russian, Portuguese, Korean, Greek, Polish, Czech, Hungarian, Turkish, Thai, Arabic, Romanian, Ukrainian and - new for Autumn 2008 - Farsi.
Memory Card Support - In addition to SD, SDHC and MMC memory cards, the PowerShot SX110 IS supports MMCplus and HC MMCplus card formats. It is supplied with a 32MB memory card.
Software and CANON iMAGE GATEWAY - The PowerShot SX110 IS is bundled with the following Canon Software:
- ZoomBrowser EX 6.1 (Windows), ImageBrowser 6.1 (Macintosh): For organizing and editing images, movies and slideshows, or creating and printing digital photo albums.
- PhotoStitch 3.1 (Windows), PhotoStitch 3.2 (Mac): For creating panoramic photos from multiple images.
The bundled software supports Windows Vista (including SP1) / XP SP2 and Macintosh OS X v10.4-10.5. Each camera supports PTP for driverless transfer to Windows XP and Macintosh OS X, along with MTP for image and movie transfers to Windows Vista.
Purchasers of the PowerShot SX110 IS are eligible for free membership of CANON iMAGE GATEWAY, 100MB of online 'personal gallery' space for sharing stills and video with family and friends.
- Type of Camera
- Compact digital still camera with built-in flash, 10x Optical/4x Digital/40x Combined Zoom with Optical Image Stabilizer System
- Image Capture Device
- Type - 9.0 Megapixel, 1/2.3 inch type Charge Coupled Device (CCD)
- Total Pixels - Approx. 10.3 Megapixels
- Effective Pixels - Approx. 9.0 Megapixels
- Focal Length - 6.0-60mm f/2.8-4.3 (35mm film equivalent: 36-360mm)
- Digital Zoom - 4x
- Focusing Range - Normal: 1.6 ft./50cm-infinity (W), 3.3 ft./1m-infinity (T) Macro: 0.39 in.-1.6 ft./1-50cm (W)
- Autofocus System - TTL Autofocus
- Viewfinder & Monitor
- Viewfinder - None
- LCD Monitor - 3.0-inch low-temperature polycrystalline silicon TFT color LCD with wide viewing angle
- LCD Pixels - Approx. 230,000 pixels
- LCD Coverage - 100%
- Aperture and Shutter
- Maximum Aperture - f/2.8 (W) - f/4.3 (T)
- Shutter Speed - 15-1/2500 sec. (settable in Tv and M)
- Exposure Control
- ISO Sensitivity - Auto, High ISO Auto, ISO 80/100/200/400/800/1600 equivalent (Standard output sensitivity. Recommended exposure index)
- Light Metering Method - Evaluative, Center-weighted average, Spot Control to incorporate facial brightness in Face Detection AF Metering frame is fixed to the center/linked to AF frame
- Exposure Control Method - Program AE, Manual; AE Lock, Program Shift, Safety Shift, Auto ISO Shift
- Exposure Compensation - +/-2 stops in 1/3-stop increments
- White Balance
- White Balance Control - Auto, Preset (Daylight, Cloudy, Tungsten, Fluorescent, Fluorescent H, Flash), Custom
- Built-in Flash - Auto, Auto w/ Red-eye Reduction, Flash On, Flash On w/ Red-eye Reduction, Flash Off; FE lock, Safety FE, Slow Synchro
- Flash Range - 1.6-9.8 ft./50cm-3.0m (W), 3.3-6.6 ft./1.0-2.0m (T) (when sensitivity is set to ISO Auto)
- Recycling Time - 12 sec. or less (battery voltage=3.0V)
- Flash Exposure Compensation - +/-2 stops in 1/3-stop increments
- Shooting Specifications
- Shooting Modes - Auto, P, Av, Tv, M, Easy, Portrait, Landscape, Special Scene (Foliage, Snow, Beach, Sunset, Fireworks, Aquarium, Night Scene, ISO 3200), Indoor, Kids & Pets, Night Snapshot, Movie
- Photo Effects - My Colors - Vivid, Neutral, Sepia, Black & White, Custom
- Self-Timer - Activates shutter after an approx. 2-sec./10-sec. delay, Custom
- Wireless Control - N/A
- Continuous Shooting - Normal: approx. 1.2 fps; AF: approx. 0.7 fps; LV: approx. 0.7 fps (Large/Fine)
- Image Storage
- Storage Media - SD/SDHC Memory Card, MultiMediaCard, MMC Plus Card, HC MMC Plus Card
- File Format - Design rule for camera file system, DPOF Version 1.1
- Image Compression - Normal, Fine, SuperFine
- JPEG Compression Mode - Still Image: Exif 2.2 (JPEG) Movie: AVI (Image: Motion JPEG; Audio: WAVE (Monaural))
- Number of Recording Pixels - Still Image: 3,456 x 2,592 (Large), 2,816 x 2,112 (Medium 1), 2,272 x 1,704 (Medium 2), 1,600 x 1,200 (Medium 3), 640 x 480 (Small), 3,456 x 1,944 (Widescreen) Movie: 640 x 480 (30 fps/30 fps LP), 320 x 240 (30 fps) available up to 4GB or 60 minutes per clip, 160 x 120 (15fps) up to 3 minutes per clip
- Playback Specifications
- Playback Modes File - Still Image: Single, Magnification (approx. 2x-10x), Jump, Auto Rotate, Rotate, Resume, My Category, Transition Effects, Histogram, Index (9 thumbnails), Over Exposure Warning, Slide Show, Red-eye Correction, Resize, Image Inspection Tool, Easy
Movie: Normal Playback, Special Playback, Auto Rotate, Resume, Easy
- Erasing Specifications
- Erase Modes - Still Image: single image, all images / Movie: any movie file
- Computer Interface - USB 2.0 Hi-Speed (mini-B jack)
- Video Out - NTSC/PAL
- Audio Out - Monaural
- Other - Memory card slot; direct connection to Canon SELPHY Compact Photo Printers, PIXMA Photo Printers and PictBridge-compatible printers via camera's USB 2.0 Hi-Speed cable
- Power Supply
- Power Source- 1. AA-size Alkaline Battery (x2) 2. Rechargeable AA-size Ni-MH Battery (x2) 3. AC Adapter Kit ACK800 (optional)
- Shooting Capacity - Still Image: approx. 220 shots (AA-size Alkaline Battery), approx. 450 shots (AA-size Ni-MH Battery)*
*LCD screen on. The above figures comply with CIPA testing standards and apply when fully-charged batteries are used.
- Playback Time - Approx. 300 min. (AA-size Alkaline Battery), approx. 480 min. (AA-size Ni-MH Battery)
- Physical Specifications
- Operating Temperature - 32-104 degrees F/0-40 degrees C
- Operating Humidity - 10-90%
- Dimensions (WxHxD) - 4.35 x 2.77 x 1.76 in./110.6 x 70.4 x 44.7mm
- Weight - Approx. 8.64 oz./245g (camera body only)