This HP Deskjet offers affordable, easy, everyday printing. Simply print what you need, when you need it, and use optional high-capacity cartridges for extra value. Save space with this compact design that fits in small spaces. Ideal for home printing on a tight budget with a straightforward printer that's easy to set up and use.
Affordable, everyday printing
- Designed for everyday ease?this printer was designed to be simple so you can print without worries.
- Lock in a better value, using optional high-capacity cartridges.
- Get right to it?start printing right out of the box with quick and easy setup.
Fits right in
- Save your space with a compact printer designed to fit where you need it.
Reduce your impact
- Designed to conserve. Save energy, using a printer that?s Energy Star qualified.
- Easily recycle your Original HP ink cartridges for free through HP Planet Partners.
- Functions - Print
- Print speed, black (ISO, laser comparable) - Up to 7 ppm
- Print speed, color (ISO, laser comparable) - Up to 4 ppm
- Print speed, black (draft) - Up to 20 ppm
- Print speed, color (draft) - Up to 16 ppm
- Print speed - Either after first page or after first set of ISO test pages. For details see hp.com/go/printerclaims
- Printer page yield - Approximate yield. Actual yield depends on printer and specific use. See hp.com/go/pageyield for more information
- First page out (ready) black - As fast as 17 sec
- First page out (ready) color - As fast as 24 sec
- Resolution (black) - Up to 600 x 600 optimized dpi
- Resolution (color) - Up to 600 x 600 optimized dpi
- Monthly duty cycle - Up to 1000 pages
- Recommended monthly page volume - 250 to 500
- Print Technology - HP Thermal Inkjet
- Display - None
- Number of print cartridges - 2 (1 black, 1 Tri-color [cyan, magenta, yellow])
- Replacement cartridges - HP 61 Black Ink Cartridge (~190 pages); HP 61 Tri-color Ink Cartridge (~165 pages); HP 61XL Black Ink Cartridge (~480 pages); HP 61XL Tri-color Ink Cartridge (~330 pages). [Average based on ISO/IEC 24711 or HP testing methodology and continuous printing. Actual yield varies considerably based on content of printed pages and other factors. For details see hp.com/go/learnaboutsupplies]
- Compatible ink types - Dye-based (color); pigment-based (black)
- Print languages - HP PCL3 GUI
- Automatic paper sensor - No
- Paper trays, standard - 1
- Paper trays, maximum - 1
- HP ePrint capability - No
- Connectivity, standard - 1 USB 2.0
- Ports - 1 USB 2.0
- Minimum system requirements - Windows 8, 7: 1 GHz 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor, 2 GB available hard disk space, CD-ROM/DVD drive or Internet connection, USB port, Internet Explorer; Windows Vista: 800 MHz 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor, 2 GB available hard disk space, CD-ROM/DVD drive or Internet connection, USB port, Internet Explorer; Windows XP SP3 or higher (32-bit only): any Intel Pentium II, Celeron or compatible processor, 233 MHz or higher, 750 MB available hard disk space, CD-ROM/DVD drive or Internet connection, USB port, Internet Explorer 6 or higher.
- Mac OS X v10.6, OS X Lion, OS X Mountain Lion; Intel Core Processor; 1 GB available hard disk space; CD-ROM/DVD or Internet; USB
- Compatible operating systems - Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP (SP3)* or higher (32-bit only); Mac OS X v10.6, Lion, Mountain Lion
- Paper handling input, standard - 60-sheet input tray
- Paper handling output, standard - 25-sheet output tray
- Duplex printing - Manual (driver support provided)
- Envelope input capacity - Up to 5 envelopes
- Borderless printing - No
- Finished output handling - Sheetfed
- Media sizes supported - Letter; legal; 4 x 6 in; 5 x 7 in; 8 x 10 in; No. 10 envelopes
- Media sizes supported - A4; B5; A5; A6; DL envelope
- Media types - Paper (brochure, inkjet, plain), photo paper, envelopes, labels, cards (greeting)
- Recommended media weight - 20 lb
- Supported media weight - Letter: 16 to 32 lb; HP envelopes: 20 to 24 lb; HP cards: up to 110 lb; HP 4 x 6 inch photo paper: up to 145 lb
- Media weights by paper path - A4: 60 to 90 g/m; HP envelopes: 75 to 90 g/m; HP cards: up to 200 g/m; HP 10 x 15 cm photo paper: up to 300 g/m
Power & Operating Requirements:
- Power - Input voltage 100 to 240 VAC (+/- 10%), 50/60 Hz (+/- 3 Hz). For China & India, Input ratings are 200 to 240VAC (+/- 10%), 50/60 Hz (+/- 3Hz).
- Power consumption - 10 watts maximum, 10 watts (Active), 0.2 watts (Off), 1.6 watts (Standby), 0.8 watt (Sleep)
- Power requirements are based on the country/region where the printer is sold. Do not convert operating voltages. This will damage the printer and void the product warranty.
- Operating temperature range - 41 to 104?F
- Operating humidity range - 5 to 90% RH (non-condensing)