nuviCam: Guides. Alerts. Records
- All-in-one 6.0-inch premium navigator with built-in dash cam and driver awareness features
- Detailed maps of North America with free lifetime (1) map updates and HD Digital Traffic (2), the best traffic avoidance solution available from Garmin
- Integrated dash cam continuously records your drive and automatically saves files on impact
- Forward Collision Warning (3) alerts if you drive too close to the car ahead
- Lane Departure Warning (3) alerts if you drift off the road or into oncoming traffic
- Garmin Real Vision displays camera view when approaching select destinations
With a built-in dash cam that continuously records your drive, plus features that enhance driver awareness, nuviCam LMTHD takes GPS auto navigation to a whole new level.
Want to take a closer look at your route? The high-resolution 6.0-inch glass display on your nuviCam LMTHD offers pinch-to-zoom capability. The product design also features a powered magnetic mount that securely holds and charges nuviCam as you drive.
Detailed Maps with Free Updates
nuviCam LMTHD comes preloaded with detailed maps of North America. With free lifetime (1) map updates, your routes are sure to reflect the most up-to-date maps, points of interest (POI) and navigation information available. New maps are available for download for the useful life of your GPS device - no subscriptions; no fees
Our Best Traffic Solutions
HD Digital Traffic is the best traffic solution available from Garmin. HD Digital Traffic is fast and free (2) - no distracting advertising and no subscription fees, ever, for the useful life of your device. Receive traffic updates as often as every 30 seconds. Plus, HD Digital Traffic has a great coverage area that includes interstates, highways and secondary roads. HD Digital Traffic is voice-activated, so it responds to spoken requests. It can give details about the situation, such as how many minutes of delay to expect and if there are any possible detours. Even learn whether or not you are on the fastest route. Traffic information is delivered straight to your nuviCam - no smartphone needed.
Premium Driver Awareness Features
One of the most comprehensive portable navigation units ever to hit the highways, nuviCam LMTHD offers the latest in premium driver-assist features typically found only in luxury automobiles. For example, the Forward Collision Warning (3) alerts if you're driving too close to the vehicle ahead. Or, if you drift off the road or into oncoming traffic, you'll see and hear Lane Departure Warning (3) alerts.
Built-in Dash Cam
Offering the protection of "an eyewitness that never blinks", nuviCam LMTHD comes with a built-in, high-definition dash cam that records your drive. If a collision occurs, the device's Incident Detection G-sensor will automatically save files on impact. GPS records exactly where and when events occurred. And the device's swivel lens lets you adjust camera angle for better recording from your nuviCam's windshield or dashboard mounting location.
You can play back the video on your large, 6.0-inch display - and even view a map of where you were, at the time of the incident. If you like, you can even watch the video later on your computer. There's also a Snapshot feature on the nuviCam that allows you to capture still images - and you can even remove the unit from your vehicle to take pictures of any collision damage. For storage of your recorded video data, a 4 GB microSD card (class 4 or higher) is included with your device.
Talk to Your nuviCam
nuviCam LMTHD offers you the option of convenient voice-activated navigation. Speak and your device intelligently responds, while your hands can remain safely on the wheel.
Get a Clear View of Your Destination
Thanks to Garmin Real Vision, hard-to-read house numbers are a thing of the past. When approaching select destinations, your nuviCam LMTHD display will switch to camera view and a bright arrow will point to where you want to go.
Sync a Bluetooth-enabled device, like a smartphone, to your nuviCam for hands-free calling through its integrated microphone and speaker. Safely stow your phone in a glove box, pocket or purse and still dial, answer and take calls without moving your hands from the steering wheel or your eyes from the road.
Smartphone Link Compatible
Smartphone Link is a free mobile app (4) that connects nuviCam with your compatible iPhone or Android smartphone. When paired, your nuviCam can use your phone's existing data plan to share information - such as where you parked, POIs and your destination.
With the Smartphone Link app, you can conveniently send locations and addresses from your phone straight to your nuviCam LMTHD. Smartphone Link also gives you access to Garmin Live Services, useful real-time information such as weather.
Guidance Using Recognizable Landmarks
nuviCam LMTHD redefines "spoken turn-by-turn directions" with Garmin Real Directions, easy-to-understand driving directions that guide like a friend - using recognizable landmarks, buildings and traffic lights. No more stress from trying to read street names. Instead, hear clearly spoken guidance, like "Turn left after the gas station".
Navigate Complex Interchanges with Ease
Active Lane Guidance with voice prompts prepares you to drive through an exit or interchange with confidence. As you approach, an animated model uses brightly colored arrows to indicate the proper lane needed for your route; a friendly voice offers additional help. Bird's Eye junction view offers a detailed view of interchanges, looking down as if from overhead. Also, photoReal Junction View realistically displays junctions and interchanges along your route, including the surrounding landscape. Brightly colored arrows indicate the proper lane to drive, and nuviCam even shows real road signs as they appear along your route.
Foursquare Adds Millions of New POIs
nuviCam LMTHD makes it easy to find addresses and millions of POIs - that is, businesses, stores, restaurants or other destinations. Our POI database also includes accurate, relevant information sourced from Foursquare. Now, when you search, the most relevant Foursquare result appears at the top of the list. It's an easy way to discover new and popular restaurants, shops and more.
When you use the Smartphone Link app with your nuviCam, you can also check-in on Foursquare and access more detailed information about the POI, including ratings, price range and hours of service.
Find Exactly Where You Need to Go
Direct Access simplifies navigating to select complex destinations, like airports and shopping malls, by finding a place within a larger location. When navigating to the mall, Direct Access gives additional location information for specific retail stores inside (for example, "Arriving at Woodfield Mall. Anthropologie is inside on the upper level."). Direct Access even navigates through parking lots to find the entrance nearest your destination.
School Zone Warnings
Good driving is cautious driving. Especially when kids are around. To help, your nuviCam LMTHD issues an audible alert and displays an onscreen warning whenever you approach a school zone. The displayed speed limit also changes to reflect the school zone speed limit.
More Information At-a-glance
nuviCam LMTHD keeps your driving map onscreen at all times and additional information appears alongside. For details, simply touch the screen. As you drive your route, Up Ahead constantly informs you of nearby services, including food, fuel and ATMs. Other good-to-know information, displayed on your nuviCam, includes speed limit, current speed, current street and arrival time at your destination.
One-stop Device Management
Use Garmin Express to keep your nuviCam up-to-date. Garmin Express makes it easy to update maps and software, transfer favorites to and from devices, and install free custom vehicles and voices.
Add a Wireless Backup Camera
For a complete navigation solution, nuviCam pairs with the BC 30 wireless backup camera (sold separately. Professional installation recommended). Once connected, you can easily see vehicles, pedestrians and other obstacles right on the nuviCam display, as you move in reverse.
Physical & Performance
- Physical dimensions: 7.2" W x 3.7" H x 0.6" D (1.3" D with camera)
- Display size, WxH: 5.4" W x 2.8" H (13.6 x 7.2 cm); 6.1" diag (15.4 cm)
- Display resolution, WxH: 800 x 480 pixels
- Display type: WVGA color TFT with white backlight
- Weight: 11.3 oz (319.2 g)
- Battery: rechargeable lithium-ion
- Battery life: up to 30 minutes
- High-sensitivity receiver: Yes
Maps & Memory
- Preloaded street maps: Yes
- Includes lifetime map updates: Yes
- nuMaps Guarantee: Yes
- Built-in memory: internal solid state
- Accepts data cards: yes (Dash Cam 4GB data card included; map data card not included; see Additional)
- Custom POIs (ability to add additional points of interest): Yes
- Waypoints/favorites/locations: 1000
- Speaks street names (e.g. "Turn right ON ELM STREET in 500 ft."): Yes
- Voice-activated navigation (operate device with spoken commands): Yes
- Traffic compatible (routes around traffic with a receiver and subscription): Yes (with HD Digital Traffic)
- Lifetime traffic updates (receive free lifetime traffic updates): Yes (Digital 3D traffic)
- Lane assist (guides to proper lane for navigation): Yes
- Junction view (displays junction signs): Yes
- Route avoidance (avoid highways, tolls etc.): Yes
- Bluetooth wireless technology: Yes
- Speed limit indicator (displays speed limit for most major roads in the U.S.)
- View upcoming points of interest along route: Yes (with Up Ahead)
- Built-in Dash Cam: Yes
- Accepts map data cards: Yes (not included)
- Accepts Dash Cam data cards: Yes (4 GB microSD card included; accepts up to 64 GB microSD card, Class 4 or higher, not included)
- Lane Departure Warning: Yes
- Forward Collision Warning: Yes
- Garmin Real Vision: Yes
- Magnetic mount: Yes
- Trip Planner: Yes
- Trip Log: Yes
- foursquare: Yes
- Direct Access: Yes
- Receive live services via your compatible iPhone or Android smartphone with Smartphone Link.
(1) See Lifetime Maps Terms & Conditions
(2) See Lifetime Traffic Terms & Conditions
(3) Certain conditions may impair the warning function. Visit Garmin for details.
(4) User's data plan charges, if any, will apply. Contact your mobile service provider for more information about your service plan's data and roaming rates. Subscription may be required.