The StreetPilot c340 provides in-car navigation that is simple for anyone to use directly out of the box. After selecting a destination from the user-friendly touch screen interface, Garmin's text-to-speech feature tells users the name of the street, when to turn, and in what direction. If you miss your turn, the c340 automatically calculates a new route to the destination.
Notification of traffic delays is a c340 option that lets drivers see congested areas via a color-coded map. This feature lets users avoid traffic by simply pushing a button that will calculate a new route. This traffic awareness is made possible via the new Garmin GTM 10 FM TMC receiver that connects to selected Garmin street navigation products. The GTM 10 receives digital data from specific FM broadcast stations in select major metro areas throughout the United States and Europe.
The StreetPilot c340 comes preloaded with highly detailed City Select NT street data of the entire United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico. The database features nearly six million points of interest-including hotels, restaurants, gas stations, ATMs, and attractions. As an added benefit, you can now import customized points of interest with the help of Garmin's free POI Loader software. The possibilities are endless - upload safety cameras or school zones, and you will receive a warning if you are traveling too fast. In addition, an optional proximity-alert feature notifies you of upcoming custom POIs.
The StreetPilot c340 joins Garmin's growing line of automotive GPS navigators. It has a bright, 3.5-inch diagonal, TFT display with touchscreen; dual integrated speakers for high-quality voice prompts; and an internal lithium-ion battery for out-of-car route planning.
The StreetPilot c-series boasts distinctive and sleek styling-the units' only buttons are a rotary volume knob and an on/off switch. The device is secured by a suction-mount cradle that fastens to the windshield, for easy portability between vehicles. Users can customize their unit's appearance with an array of colored faceplates (sold separately).
- WAAS-enabled 12 parallel channel GPS
- Built-in patch antenna; MCX-type connector for optional external GPS antenna connection
- Preloaded with detailed U.S., Canada & Puerto Rico maps ? no downloading required
- SD memory card expansion slot for use with other MapSource street-mapping products
- Traffic alerts with optional GTM 10 FM TMC traffic receiver*
- Text-to-Speech - unit prompts you to "Turn right on Main St" instead of "Turn right in 500 feet"
- Audible and visual navigation instructions and warnings
- Users can set up proximity alerts for school zones, safety cameras, and more with Garmin's POI loader program (free from www.garmin.com)
- Choose between a three-dimensional mapping perspective or 2D overhead view
- Display: 2.8" (W) x 2.1" (H) (3.5" diag.), 320 x 240 pixels; bright, TFT display, 64K colors, with white backlight and touch screen
- Unit dimensions: 4.4" (W) x 3.2" (H) x 2.8" (D)
- Weights just 9.4 ounces
- Built-in lithium ion battery for trip planning (approximately 4-8 hours battery life)
- Includes integrated 12-volt power adapter/speaker for external power while in your vehicle
- Integrated suction-cup mounting system provides easy adjustment and quick release
- USB interface
*Traffic services available only in select cities where RDS-TMC coverage exists. Requires the GTM 10 FM TMC traffic receiver and possible subscription to enable traffic capability.
Moving map features
Storage: Pre-programmed with City Select NT, providing street-level detail and addresses, plus listings of nearest restaurants, hotels, ATMs, etc.,
throughout the U.S.,Canada and Puerto Rico
Map scale: Screen-width scale 640 feet to 4,000 miles
Routes: Automatically calculated with turn-by-turn instructions; custom road preference allows user to prioritize choice of back roads or major highways; automatic off-route recalc shows how to get back on track if you miss a turn or exit; a detour function enables routing around traffic problems or road construction
Voice: Navigation instructions and warnings
Waypoints: 500 with name and graphic symbol
Trip computer: Reset able odometer, timers, average and maximum speeds
Receiver: WAAS-enabled;12 parallel channel GPS receiver continuously tracks and uses up to 12 satellites to compute and update your position
Acquisition times: Warm: Approximately 15 seconds
Cold: Approximately 45 seconds
AutoLocate: Approximately 2 minutes
Update rate: 1/second, continuous
Antenna: Built-in patch; MCX-type connector for optional external GPS antenna connection
Size: 4.4" (W) x 3.2" (H) x 2.8" (D) (11.3 x 8.2 x 7.2 cm)
Weight: 59 pounds (269 g)
Display: 2.8" (W) x 2.1" (H) (7.2 x 5.4 cm); 320 x 240 pixels; bright, 16-bit LCD, with white backlight and touch screen
Case: Not waterproof or IPX0
Temp. range: 32 degrees F to 140 degree F (0 degrees C to 60 degrees C)
Data storage: Indefinite; no memory battery required
Input: 12/24 Vdc
Usage: 15w max. @ 13.8v DC
Battery Life: up to 8 hours