The stylish PENTAX X-5 is a 26X Megazoom camera with DSLR-like features.
- Large 3 inch tiltable LCD screen provides convenient viewing for playback and composition.
- Triple Shake Reduction technology includes a mechanical sensor-shift mechanism, digital high ISO SR, and Movie SR, for sharp images, even in the most challenging lighting conditions.
- A 26X super-telephoto zoom lens (22.3-580mm equivalent) ensures extreme flexibility for any subject near or far.
- 260,000 dot resolution electronic viewfinder provides DSLR like handling and a clear view of your subject.
- Capture JPG or unprocessed archival RAW images in Adobe's open DNG format.
- Backlit 16 megapixel CMOS sensor offers superior quality, high-resolution imaging.
- Capture even the smallest and closest subjects as near as 1cm with Super Macro mode.
- Fast Face Detection technology quickly finds up to 32 faces for perfectly focused and exposed portraits.
- An HDMI port plays back beautiful high resolution images and video on HDTV's.
- Capture full HD 1080p widescreen video at 30 FPS with high quality h.264 compression.
- Type: 1/2.33" interline transfer CCD w primary color filter
- Effective pixels: 16MP
- Total pixels: 16.37MP
Recorded resolutions (pixels):
Still: 16M (4608x3456), 12M (1:1) (3456x3456), 12M (16:9) (4608x2592), 7M (3072x2304), 5M (16:9) (3072x1728), 5M (2592x1944), 4M (16:9) (2592x1464), 3M(2048x1536), 2M(16:9)(1920x1080), 1024(1024x768), 640(640x480)
- Burst Shooting(L/H) mode - fixed 5M (2592x1944) or 4M (2592x1464) per frame.
- Digital Wide mode ? fixed 5M (2592x1944 - after Merge) - fixed 3M (2048x1536 ? before merge) in single frame.
- Frame composite mode, resolution fixed to 3M (2048x1536).
- Digital Panorama mode, resolution fixed to 2M (1600x1200) per frame.
- Stage Lighting mode, resolution fixed to 2M (1600x1200).
Movie: HD 1920(1920x1080): approx. 30fps, 1280(1280x720): approx.60/30fps, 640(640x480): approx. 30fps
Quality levels: ***(best), ** (better), * (good)
- Type/construction: smc PENTAX zoom lens - 12 elements in 9 groups (3 aspherical elements)
- Optical zoom: 26X
- Focal length (equiv.): 4.0 - 104mm (22.3 - 580mm)
- Digital zoom: approx. 7.2X
- Combined zoom: 187.2X
- Intelligent zoom: approx. 39X at 7M, approx. 187.2X at 640 (including optical zoom)
- Aperture: f/3.1- 5.9
- LCD screen: 3.0-inch tiltable LCD (Can be lowered to approx.60? or raised to approx.90?), LCD resolution: 460,000 dots, Wide angle viewable
- Viewfinder: Electronic Viewfinder, approx. 230K dots. (Equipped the with diopter adjustment dial).
- Type: TTL contrast detection autofocus.
- Focus modes: 9 point AF, Spot AF, Auto Tracking AF, Macro, Super Macro, Infinity Landscape, Manual, Focus Point Selection
- Manual focus: Yes
- Macro focus: Yes, Macro and Super Macro available
- Focus lock: Yes, by pressing the shutter release button half way
- Focus range: Normal: 1.31' to infinity (wide), 5.6' to infinity (tele), Macro: 0.33-1.64' (wide to mid zoom), Super Macro: 0.03-0.98' (at mid zoom, set automatically)
- Type: Retractable popup series-control auto flash
- Flash modes: Auto, Flash Off, Flash On, Auto + Redeye, On + Redeye, Slow Sync,
- Slow Sync + Redeye
- Effective range: Wide: approx. 0.66- 38 ft (ISO Auto) Tele: approx. approx. 4.9 ? 20ft (ISO Auto)
- Flash Exposure Compensation
- Internal memory: (approx. 75.3 MB)`
- Removable memory: SD, SDHC, SDXC
- Eye-Fi Compatible
- Ports: USB 2.0 hi-speed, PC/AV Out, HDMI (type D), DC Input Terminal
- Video out: NTSC, PAL (HDMI out supports Auto, 1080i, 720p, 480p)
- Power source: 4 AA batteries (Alkaline, Lithium, Nickel and Rechargeable Ni-MH), Optional AC adapter kit is also available.
- Recordable images (approx): (300 - w/ Alkaline batteries), (500 w/ Rechargeable w/ Ni-MH batteries), (950 w/ Lithium batteries)
- Playback time (approx) : (420 min. w/ Alkaline batteries), (500 min. w/ Rechargeable Ni-MH
batteries), (950 min. w/ Lithium batteries)
- Movie recording time (approx): (75 min. w /Alkaline batteries), (150 min. w/ Rechargeable Ni-MH batteries), (280 min. w/ Lithium batteries)
- AC adapter available: Yes (optional)
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 4.7 x 3.4 x 4.2"
- Weight:Without battery or removable memory: 17.9 oz, Loaded and ready: 21.1 oz
- Construction material(s): Reinforced polycarbonate plastic
- Operating temperature: 32-104?F
- Weather Resistant: n/a
- Shock Resistant: n/a
- Startup: Approx 1.9 sec
- Release lag: Approx 0.046 sec
- English, French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, Dutch, Japanese, Danish, Swedish, Finnish, Polish, Czech, Hungarian, Turkish, Greek, Russian, Thai, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Still: Sensor-Shift SR, Dual (Sensor-shift SR and Pixel-Track SR), Digital SR (High-sensitivity anti-shake mode)
- Movie: Movie SR
- Type: TTL
- Multi-segment: Yes
- Center weighted: Yes
- Spot: Yes
- Exposure compensation: +/- 2 EV (1/3 steps)
- Auto, Manual (ISO 100 ? 6400)
- Auto, Daylight, Shade, Tungsten light, Fluorescent light (D, N, W), Manual setting
- Type: Programmed AE electronic lens shutter w CCD electronic shutter
- Shutter speed: 1/1500 to 1/4 sec (up to 4 sec Manual, Night Scene modes)
- Mode selection Auto Picture, Program, Manual, USER, Movie, Handheld Night Snap, Sport, Landscape, Portrait,, Scene (Flower, Blue Sky, Sunset, Night Scene, Night Scene Portrait, , Fireworks, HDR, Surf & Snow, Baby, Kids, Pet, Food, Digital SR, Stage Lighting, Text, Museum, Digital Wide, Digital Panorama, Frame Composite), Green
- Green simplified mode available: Yes
- Face detection available: Yes (AF&AE is available in all modes, up to 32 faces), Smile Capture, Blink
- P/A/S/M/B: P, A, S, M
- Date stamp: Yes, date, date-time, time (not available in Green mode)
- Digital filters (capture): Image Tone (Bright, Natural, Monochrome)
- Dynamic Range Adjustment: (Highlight and Shadow correction)
- Mode selection: One shot, Continuous Shooting, Burst Shooting (L/H), Self-timer, Remote Control,
- Continuous FPS: Approx 1.12 FPS, Burst L (5M or 4M), Burst H (5M or 4M)
- Self-timer: Yes (10 sec, 2 sec)
- Remote control: Yes
- Mode selection: One Shot, Index (4 or 9 thumbnails), Magnification, Movie Playback, Histogram, Folder Display, Select & Delete, Calendar
- Mode pallet: Slideshow, Image Rotation, Stretch Filter, Small Face Filter, Collage, Digital Filter, HDR Filter, Frame Composite, Movie Editing, Red-eye Compensation, Resize, Cropping, Image Copy, Protect, DPOF, Start-up Screen
- Magnification: Up to 10X, scrollable
- Digital filters (playback): (B&W, Sepia, Toy Camera, Retro, Color, Extract Color, Color Emphasis, High Contrast, Soft, Fish-eye, Brightness, Miniature Filter)
- Movie edit: Save as still image, movie divide
- Still: JPG (EXIF 2.2), DCF 2.0, DPOF, Print Image Matching III
- Movie (compression): AVI (Motion JPG)
- Sound: WAV (PCM), monaural
FILE STORAGE MATRIX (BASED ON 4GB MEMORY CARD)
(Best, Better, Good)
16M: 727, 1284, 2117
12M (1:1): 856, 1676, 2568,
12M (16:9): 856, 1676, 2568,
7M (4:3): 1284, 2366, 3771
5M (16:9): 1527, 2943, 4162
5M (4:3): 1527, 2943, 4162
4M (16:9): 2011, 3771, 5486
3M: 2366, 4642, 6705
2M: 3448, 6352, 9284
1024: 8046, 13411, 17243
VGA (640 x 480): 17243, 24140, 30175
COMPUTER SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
For device connectivity. Bundled software requirements may vary.
- Windows: Windows XP/Vista/7, USB port
- Mac: Mac OS-X 10.3.9, 10.4, 10.5, 10.6, USB port